DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any owners out there from Vancouver bc...

Im the same. It still says released on Jan 15.
83255b8069120a19a1922ffcb06de456.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

The language "Release Date: Jan 15th, 2017" can be out for interpretation. I wish it says "delivery date" instead.

Candrones in Burnaby has stock. I called on a whim just to see three days ago because my B&H order was backordered and I was getting tired of waiting. BAM! They just received stock of base units and Fly More combos. Picked mine up two days ago and flew it for the first time today. I live in Richmond but drove down to Ladner on River Rd.

Anyway, you can order and pick up at candrones.ca. They're a DJI dealer. I dealt with Nate, nice guy.

Reactions: 604Pilot
Im the same. It still says released on Jan 15.
83255b8069120a19a1922ffcb06de456.jpg

Mine changed to Out Of Stock, so i cancelled my order and ordered directly from DJI Store. I called Best Buy and they said that they took too many pre-orders and that i might not be receiving mine on Jan 16th.

By doing some research i found out that the price on DJI website includes taxes and duties. So i purchased Fly More Combo + DJI Refresh for $1900 CAD All In. ETA is Jan 25th or earlier.

Reactions: jonny2pints
I think Mud Bay is good. It's 11km from Boundary Bay Airport and is a city park, not provincial. I was there last weekend and another Mavic owner showed up as well did a new owner for Phantom 4. It was amazing how many people, including two retired pilots, came by to ask questions. Of all the people that stopped by one woman said there was a "no drones" sign posted but I didn't see any coming in, nor did I see any (I looked closely) when I left. The only thing is that I had so many people stop to talk to me I wasn't able to concentrate on learning what I wanted to learn:(

I think Mud Bay is good. It's 11km from Boundary Bay Airport and is a city park, not provincial. I was there last weekend and another Mavic owner showed up as well did a new owner for Phantom 4. It was amazing how many people, including two retired pilots, came by to ask questions. Of all the people that stopped by one woman said there was a "no drones" sign posted but I didn't see any coming in, nor did I see any (I looked closely) when I left. The only thing is that I had so many people stop to talk to me I wasn't able to concentrate on learning what I wanted to learn:(

I'm still flying my Phantom 3 Standard, mostly in town because that's where I live and play. I keep the bird 30 metres or lower whenever I anywhere near overhead hazards.
I'm doing the wait for a Mavic now and will probably try venture farther afield to fly as the weather starts to warm up. Like you, I find that peeps are very curious about the drone when I fly and it does take extra concentration to focus with an audience nearby.

I'd be interested in meeting other Vancouver pilots ...will keep an eye on any future get together plans.

Reactions: Costa2003
Hi Guys, I just ordered my Mavic from DJI last week! Hopefully it will be here for the next group flight (or at least before the end of 2017 :) ). I'll keep checking in for more group flights.

Just got my Mavic Pro two weeks ago. Went to fly it few times. Absolutely love it. I'm in Coquitlam area. @Jotronic yes i would agree, every time i go to fly my Mavic i get distracted by walk by people all the time... Can't concentrate... :)

Ordered mine on the 15th of Feb. Got the tracking number today and FedEx tracking page says expected delivery on the 21st of Feb!! 7 days!! Kinda unheard of on these forums. Ordered Fly More straight from DJI. Says it's coming from Memphis TN?

I live in White Rock and am stoked to get some great footage. Also can't wait to do some "follow me" work on the Ducati.

Iv
Ordered mine on the 15th of Feb. Got the tracking number today and FedEx tracking page says expected delivery on the 21st of Feb!! 7 days!! Kinda unheard of on these forums. Ordered Fly More straight from DJI. Says it's coming from Memphis TN?

I live in White Rock and am stoked to get some great footage. Also can't wait to do some "follow me" work on the Ducati.
Same-- I wanna see this thing follow me! Probably two more weeks till the weather is good enough to insure my bikes.

I insure mine yearly as we always seem to get a few nice days throughout the winter months. Not this winter though lol. Although mine is insured, I want more rain to wash all the sand and salt away and fix all those **** potholes that are everywhere now. We used to have awesome maintained roads.

Hi, first post here. Would love to meet up with some local Vancouver pilots and learn some pro tips on uav flying. Got my MP last week (two day shipping, thanks Amazon Prime!) and eager to get some fly time.

Hi looks like the no fly zones are around the airports as stated in the Transport Canada rules. BTW if you fly here you are subject to a hefty fine ..

I am in Maple Ridge anyone round here ? I am expecting del of my Mavick pro on the 26 th

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest