DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any recommendations for free video/color grading software?

DaVinci Resolve is popular, you can download a free version HERE
It looks like you can now get version 17 for free, scroll down the page to get to downloads.
Plenty of tutorials on YouTube
Cyborg, can you get this by dvd by mail? I am using a metered wifi. I've tried 5 times to download and get estimates like 7 hours. After several hours of download, the download suddenly fails due to a wifi error.

Cyborg, can you get this by dvd by mail? I am using a metered wifi. I've tried 5 times to download and get estimates like 7 hours. After several hours of download, the download suddenly fails due to a wifi error.
Sorry but I have no idea.
You could try THIS Kadenlive
I am sure the download file size is a lot smaller.
Kadenlive is another free video editor with plenty of tutorials on YouTube

Sorry but I have no idea.
You could try THIS Kadenlive
I am sure the download file size is a lot smaller.
Kadenlive is another free video editor with plenty of tutorials on YouTube
Thanks. Asked same question to Blackmagic support. Waiting on reply. I will check out Kadenlive.

Meanwhile, if someone here has the downloaded free Resolve 17 zip file, I would be willing to buy a DVD copy of it from you.

Sent you a different PM

I’m new to drones and video so just looking for some recommendations. Thank you!
Please inform us of your current system configuration. Model, speed, Ram, Monitor, etc. Video programs are memory intensive, as well. Most would do great at 16gb Ram. Resolve requirement is 16gb Ram.

I do not believe the final v17 is out just yet! But 16 is a very stable platform. If you can do SD cards on you system, I will D/L Resolver 16 and send free of charge to you from Colorado Springs. My only concern is if your machine is able to handle. Please go to the DaVinci web site and peruse for the minimum requirements.

There is also a downloadable tutorial in zip format

Please inform us all if your system meets the minimum requirements. I would also advise anyone working on video production to have a minimum of 16gb Ram. These programs will slow your system down due to massive swapping, so a larger Ram is a good thing to have!

FYI. Another excellent product to have (and much easier to learn) is Adobe Premiere Elements 2020/2021. Very easy to learn as it has 3 user modes available. DOES NOT REQUIRE ADOBE CLOUD MEMBERSHIP! Package deals are also available to include Premiere Elements for Photos. Pricing for a package can be found at the $100 mark.

FYI: Home - MavicPilots News
Some I know wrote a short article on video production programs!

PM me if interested!

I do not believe the final v17 is out just yet! But 16 is a very stable platform. If you can do SD cards on you system, I will D/L Resolver 16 and send free of charge to you from Colorado Springs. My only concern is if your machine is able to handle. Please go to the DaVinci web site and peruse for the minimum requirements.
FYI, version 17 was just released, you can download it now. I downloaded it yesterday.

Reactions: theDRONEranger
Please inform us of your current system configuration. Model, speed, Ram, Monitor, etc. Video programs are memory intensive, as well. Most would do great at 16gb Ram. Resolve requirement is 16gb Ram.

There is also a downloadable tutorial in zip format

Please inform us all if your system meets the minimum requirements. I would also advise anyone working on video production to have a minimum of 16gb Ram. These programs will slow your system down due to massive swapping, so a larger Ram is a good thing to have!

FYI. Another excellent product to have (and much easier to learn) is Adobe Premiere Elements 2020/2021. Very easy to learn as it has 3 user modes available. DOES NOT REQUIRE ADOBE CLOUD MEMBERSHIP! Package deals are also available to include Premiere Elements for Photos. Pricing for a package can be found at the $100 mark.

FYI: Home - MavicPilots News
Some I know wrote a short article on video production programs!

PM me if interested!
I do a lot of Lightroom and photoshop for photos.....so my PC has 64 gb of ram. I believe my other specs can support it to. Thanks!

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Davinci requires more than just RAM... its a GPU based product and if your computer doesn't have a pretty strong GPU it won't run properly...
Remember... the download for version 17 is still BETA ... so its changing to maturity...

if you have the computer horse power and the desire to learn Davinci then they have a great deal going on now to get a Free Speed Editor Keyboard, $300 value, you can purchase a license either via a Dongle purchase or a License that will give you free upgrades to Davinci as the program changes in the future... pretty nice deal that you won't ever see from Adobe...

Here ya go... 17 is still in Beta... if you buy then you get 16... then when they release the final of 17 you just reload the program.. thats nice about Black Magic... once you own the Studio version you get the updates for life...

I went through all the tutorials yesterday on the BlackMagic website. They've really improved it in a lot of areas. With Fusion and Fairlight, I would think it is right up there with Premiere except it seems more intuitive in the interface. And of course the free version is a no-brainer. I've had it downloaded for a while but haven't really used it since I have Premiere through work but I'm going to have to try it out on some projects.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan