DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any Scots? Check in here

Hey. Stay in Livingston. Any good local spots to go fly?
Bathgate Hills are a good place to fly.

The Five Sisters out by West Calder are decent too.

The Almond river to the west of Livingston has some beautiful open spaces, especially between Seafield and Blackburn.

There are a few abandoned quarries and similar sites dotted around West Lothian. Armadale quarry is great (though might be a tad harder to access these days).

The abandoned Bangour village hospital is also a good place to fly, if you go when there are less people about walking their dogs.

A bit further afield, there are many decent places in and around the Pentlands. I had my Mavic Air flying around Threipmuir reservoir on Saturday.

HTH

Cheers, Chris

Reactions: Sneddrs
Hi guys,

I’m down in North Berwick. Hope you’re all having a great weekend?

Andy
Was flying my Mavic Air around Gullane Point last week. Such a beautiful place, as is North Berwick. You have a great area to fly in.

Enjoy your flying!

A bit farther,Yes,Peeblesshire (The Borders) Beautiful countryside.

Fly safe, abide by rules and regs and you will get some very good footage.
I can’t believe after searching for drone footage on google I found someone flying over peebles at quite a low altitude, showing main high street ! Someone who kills and makes life difficult for us folk who enjoy
Our hobby.
Check out yourself. (Drone footage of peebles)
Enjoy your Mavic air, good drone.
I have one and impressed. Had it 4 months.
I also have p4 and Mavic Pro which is awesome.
Wish you all the best, and fly safe.
B

Reactions: metaphase
Hi, I'm from Melrose in the Borders, been flying the Mavic since April and never seen another down this neck of the woods, in fact never seen any other drones down here, I can't be the only one.
Hi Dave
Peebles, with Mavic Pro. Been flying a few years now. Want to catch up sometime for a few flights?
Brian

Evening everyone, just joined. I'm in Lochmaben, D&G. Just about to become commercial.

Bonnybridge near Falkirk here. Member of my local drone club - FDC (Falkirk Drone Club). Been flying for a few years now, started off with a Syma X8, moved to a Phantom 3 Standard and picked up a Mavic Pro a month or two ago from a mate in the drone club. Dabbled with FPV racing drones for a bit with a Walkera Rodeo and a Wizard but couldn't take to it at all. Love the Mavic, perfect for me size wise as I'm also a biker so it's easy to chuck in a tank bag or backpack and go for a ride, stopping to grab footage whenever I fancy it.

Bonnybridge near Falkirk here. Member of my local drone club - FDC (Falkirk Drone Club). Been flying for a few years now, started off with a Syma X8, moved to a Phantom 3 Standard and picked up a Mavic Pro a month or two ago from a mate in the drone club. Dabbled with FPV racing drones for a bit with a Walkera Rodeo and a Wizard but couldn't take to it at all. Love the Mavic, perfect for me size wise as I'm also a biker so it's easy to chuck in a tank bag or backpack and go for a ride, stopping to grab footage whenever I fancy it.
Oh a drone club. Sounds exciting. May have to look that up

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3