DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any tips on mounting my RC-N1 to an electrical bike handlebar?

Ronny St.

Reactions
Hi all,
I am thinking of doing some experiments with tracking during a bike ride. But there is one problem: it seems I have a very awkward handlebar in terms of finding a decent mount. On searching the internet I found something from Sunnylife:
bike mount.jpg

but, as told, I don't see a way to get it rigged to my handlebar, since the controller of my electrical bike is also in the middle of the handlebar. And behind it there is a holder for a basket:

bike mount 2.jpg
Does anyone has a tip how I could solve that problem? Or knows of a mount that might be the solution I am searching for?

Thanks a lot for reading and giving me some tips and/or advice!

Greetings from a very hot and sunny Belgium ;)

Ronny

Do you have a basket that fits the holder? If so, could you post a picture?

Assuming the basket is reasonably secure, it might make a good base for something.

Reactions: Ronny St.
Wow, that was a quick reply: thanks!! I must admit I am ashame for looking so hard for a immediately-ready solution that I did not think of that... Here is a picture with the basket mounted:

mini-IMG_1895.JPG

On bumby roads it wiggles a bit, but that I think that must be solvable. I might try to cut some thick isolation foam that fits just in higher part of the basket and cut out some part to make the controller with smartphone in it.
What a great idea you have given me, I will give that a try for sure. So: thank you!

You could try a handlebar mount extend with 2 connections, one on each side of the center post. It would provide a longer straight bar for accessories. I use such for my recumbent trike so 3 accessories can fit on the extension.

You could try a handlebar mount extend with 2 connections, one on each side of the center post. It would provide a longer straight bar for accessories. I use such for my recumbent trike so 3 accessories can fit on the extension.
Another good tip! But then I will have to make myself some 'plate' holder that goes over the extensions to put the RC on. I just found this on amazon (and ordered it, it was only under 10€ and suits the already mounted klickfix mount):

basil stuurhouder combined.jpg
I think it will be easier to make some 'box' I can screw on the holder. And then I can change the box for the basket and vice versa, as needed :)

Last edited:
On bumby roads it wiggles a bit, but that I think that must be solvable. I might try to cut some thick isolation foam that fits just in higher part of the basket and cut out some part to make the controller with smartphone in it.
What a great idea you have given me, I will give that a try for sure. So: thank you!
Thick foam and duct tape with the controller in the basket should work. Would also provide a bit of crash protection if you come off your bike!

You might try posting on ebike specific forums like Electric Bike Forums - Q&A, Help, Reviews and Maintenance

also, the mount you showed doesn't need to be mounted in the center. In fact, I don't think it would even fit in the center of your bar...reminds me of my gopro mount which fits on any short straight section of the bar.
You are right, but the problem is that there is no straight section on the bar that is wide enough to mount extra stuff on it.

You are right, but the problem is that there is no straight section on the bar that is wide enough to mount extra stuff on it.
that's why you might turn to ebike forums. Others may have found narrower mounts, for example.

What kind of bike do you have? spouse and I have Trek Allant+ 8s, which we need for hilly SW NH, where every ride is a 1000 foot climb....

that's why you might turn to ebike forums. Others may have found narrower mounts, for example.

What kind of bike do you have? spouse and I have Trek Allant+ 8s, which we need for hilly SW NH, where every ride is a 1000 foot climb....
It is a Gazelle arroyo C7+. Good bike, but with a nasty handlebar to fix extra stuff on ;)

It has been some while, but the idea never left me and I liked the idea of Robert Prior in #2. In the meanwhile I also bought me a second hand Mavic 2 Pro with smart controller, but I still wanted to have something to be able to have the controller (either the SC or the RC-N1) in front of me when I am riding the bike. So I managed to find me on the internet the plastic plate that connects to the bike holder. I had some old wooden boxes from which I took one apart, adapted it to hold the controller and made it possible to screw the holder on it. I must say it yields a sturdy 'box' that is stable enough on the handlebar and makes it easily readable when driving.
With summer and good flying conditions coming soon now, I will finally be able to tryout the different possibilities of tracking :)

Here some pictures and maybe I can inspire or help others with the same problem ;)

1. The wooden box (I still have some) before and after:

1.jpg

2. the 'box' after adaptation and with the holder plate screwed on:

2.jpg

3. the bike holder:

3.jpg

4. and finally the complete setup:

4.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads