DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any Way To Avoid RC Charging Android Phone?

mavicsun

Reactions
As title, simply because I want my expensive equipment to be an RC instead of a power bank.

I know some people use a power bank to charge their RC while connected to the Android phone, but it's just making my hands busier.

but it's just making my hands busier.
Long USB cable and power bank in your pocket. Or velcro it to the underside of the RC.

I think what he means is, he does not want the remote control (RC) To waste the battery charging the tablet...
I have the same problem android and ipad

That's not a problem, it's a feature [emoji6]

It was actually introduced because if you watch the loss of battery during one flight, your phone actually drops faster in battery level than the RC.
Because of that the RC is charging it.
Think about the following: what can you do with your drone when your phone is out of battery? And you can't charge your phone while flying, but you can charge your RC while flying your drone, while the RC charges the phone...

This is the reason why the RC charges your phone/tablet.

Long USB cable and power bank in your pocket.

That's exactly what Rick of Drone Valley -- who has an electronics background -- does and advises others to do: 1) connect one's device via the USB port on the bottom of the RC 2) connect the Power Bank in one's pocket to the port on the left of the RC to keep it charged while flying.

Hey All,

If i am correct Android phones/tablets allow you to select what you want to do with that cable plugged in. When you plug it into the controller, you should get a notification that a usb device/cable was connected. when you select that from your notifications you should be able to select just charge, usb/charge, or just usb. Now I am waiting for my MA to be delivered so I cannot tell you until Tuesday of next week as I am an Android person. This is what i see when ever i connect a usb cable to the phone though (other than the wall charger).

Hope that works for you and me. Other than that you can get a portable battery bank cheap now a days. I do have one that is 26,000 mah and that lasts me for a week of just using that to charge my phone and its not to big. It also supports quick charge and has regular usb and usb-c ports on it as well.

djiboy,

Ahhhh I see now says the blind man. I haven't had to root a phone in the longest time. Thank you for the information.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven