DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any way to lower the volume on the remote?

tomic

Reactions
I've looked through the manual and cannot find anything.

The remote screams when its starting up or at low battery, is there anyway to lower the volume or mute this thing?

i don't know but at least some people wrote here that you can shut it down by pressing 1 time on the power button...

not sure if it works really but try (it will not work for low battery under 5 % though)

is there anyway to lower the volume or mute this thing?
There is no setting to control the volume in those cases.

I think the remote volume is controlled by the volume on your phone or tablet that you are using. If you turn your phone volume up or down the volume from the remote goes up or down

If you're comfortable doing so, you can take apart your controller, find the little speaker (it's on the bottom of the bottom module), and stuff the hole with cotton or something like it (I used Sugru). It's pretty easy, probably won't void your warranty, since you rarely have to send in your remote when you're looking to repair or replace your aircraft, and works a charm. You can find video instructions on Youtube.

This is false

it seems to me that the volume rocker of the phone has an effect on the volume of voice messages from DJI GO APP (like "homepoint has been recorded. Please check it on the map").

but it has NO effect on the low battery or RTH alarms. for those, try what i adviced you earlier

Reactions: RogerMav
The RTH beep can be muted by pressing the power button once on the remote.

Nothing else can be muted that I no of.

Reactions: leebroath
The Smartphone volume indeed controls the messages, including the focusing beep.

I've looked through the manual and cannot find anything.

The remote screams when its starting up or at low battery, is there anyway to lower the volume or mute this thing?

Page 44 in the manual in the "Remote Control'' portion.

There is a thread about it .
It needs a little work on the controler, but it works great.
I cant find it right now, but 'll try to recover it for you later...
You only need to make a little hole in the RC bottom, just above the bipper (the exact position is showed in that thread), and then you only have to insert a little screw in that hole, which screw down to the bipper. So you can adjust volume by screw/unscrew ...
I did it on my RC and it's just perfect, works really great. I adjusted it and now I can hear a very low bipping!! :)

Reactions: RogerMav

Here is a screen from the picture I used to make the vole and put the screw...
Quality is bad, so I will check my RC tomorow and give you more infos... ;)Screenshot_20190418-210025.jpeg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143