DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any way to tell manufacturer date from serial?

The serial number on my Fly More combo box matches what is printed on the little label inside the battery compartment door (with the QR code also). The numbers inside the Fly app do not match this serial number. I've kept a photo on my phone (of the box label) for easy reference.

I used the s/n from the box when purchasing DJI Care Refresh + and read (somewhere in the forum) if you try to use the s/n for the AC or RC it will not work...

I put my serial number in the DJI serial decoder and only got a 'Unknown' message and a mfr date...but might have more success using one of the serial numbers for AC/RC...

Last edited:
Serial number tag should be on battery door.
should start with 1szdh...............

Ok, mine start with1szdga and it match’s what’s on the box.
The one in the app I thought was it I have no clue now.

Reactions: Thomas B
@Drony_Drone did you get what you was after from all of this.?

@Drony_Drone did you get what you was after from all of this.?

I’ll use the checker yes if that works ok, just interested to know when built compared to ship date. I presume it’s pretty much close together as MM seems to be long shipping dates/hard to get at moment.

Wonder if there is a hardware version somewhere as well we can tell? Sometimes although the drone is the same, they update internal components/motherboards etc as time progresses.

Date checker worked for me. Mine is old! Build day Sept 2, 2019. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing....

I don't know how they ever expect anybody to read the small numbers on the label in the battery compartment. I have a 10x magnifying glass and it's not even close.

• Sad
Reactions: OregonEd
What are people’s reading for the date of manufacture now? Very recent? Just wondering if supply has stopped due to virus etc

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00