DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any word on waypoints?

Has anyone herd from DJI about getting waypoints back? Complete crap..

Well, if it's "complete crap" for you, I doubt waypoints are going to be much help.
Im hoping for waypoints too, but I knew what I was buying at the time because I did some research.

But in any case, DJI GO waypoints, as well as DJI Groundstation Pro waypoints, are quite useless for a video shoot. The yaw movements from one point to another are very brisk . It's flying like I would never do myself. This is with a Mavic Pro by the way, but any DJI drone with GO will behave the same way.
Also, not being able to save missions in GO and to have to fly them first, not being able to program them prior to flight, makes it useless, at least for many.

But it's nice to play with as a beginner, to get a bit of understanding how waypoints work. The fact that you first have to fly them yourself makes it a lot safer for beginners.

Litchi (IOS/Android) or Autopilot (IOS) are much better, have the (default) option to smooth out curves (very cinematic yawing) better than you would fly yourself, and give a lot of camera/gimbal options per waypoint. And you can prepare the mission in your 'office'.

You can be sure both will support the Air very soon.
see Mavic Air with Litchi

Last edited:
Reactions: Skewif

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661