DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anybody considering the Air 2, why or why not?

DynoTech

Reactions
I listed my Pro Platinum that I’m super attached to on eBay and think I may get the new Air 2. However I’m not entirely sold on the new minimalist Fly app and love the look of Go4. I’m also a little iffy on whether it will handle wind as well as my bigger Platinum. There’s no redundant compass and imu on board like we have with our Pro’s so in the case of a failure it’s bye bye Air 2 vs fly it back with the pro.
What’s everyone else’s thoughts on the original Pro vs Air 2?

I listed my Pro Platinum that I’m super attached to on eBay and think I may get the new Air 2. However I’m not entirely sold on the new minimalist Fly app and love the look of Go4. I’m also a little iffy on whether it will handle wind as well as my bigger Platinum. There’s no redundant compass and imu on board like we have with our Pro’s so in the case of a failure it’s bye bye Air 2 vs fly it back with the pro.
Why not just keep your Pro? I still have my Spark & the Pro, My M2A is waiting for me when I get home... I think maybe different Birds for different tasks
my 2 Cents

I need the money from the Pro to help buy the new Air 2. Would be nice to have best of both worlds :)

Last edited:
I'll confess i have ordered the Mavic air 2. In my case my pro 1 gimbal gives me the creeps. You can read my experience in the help thread.

Having said that I am considering to sell the pro if and when Litchi is compatible.

One thing that endears me so much with the pro 1 is Superpatcher for NFZ override. Where ever you go DJI seems to have put some geozone there.

Absolutely don't do it. I have seen over the years with DJI that every time they role out a new product it takes **** near a year for them to get things right. Just like a new model car. Many customers have purchased the Air 2 and are sorry they did. A lot of issues. Be patient and wait for product improvements to be put into place and DJI get the bugs worked out of everything. Safe flying.

I'm curious how many are sad about the Air 2 purchase. I haven't read any of those..not saying they are not out there.
I'm disappointed about not seeing that you can change camera setting with the gimbal wheel, but that was a later add on for the Air 1

I have been flying the P4P and the Mavic Pro and they are the best hands down. The P4P is my work horse and great in high winds and inclement weather. The Mavic gets into small places and is good with wind and versatility. Wouldn't change a thing. I also use a smart controller and DJI just this past month upgraded the controller to utilize various DJI birds now, to include the P4P. Using a control system with cell or tablet is out. Good luck and safe flying

Reactions: DynoTech
I also went ahead and preordered the Air 2 Fly More through Best Buy. I have their fancier membership where I can return it if I don’t like it.

I'm on the fence of getting an Air2 as a second drone to use with my Mavic Pro, or getting a mini that I can fly in more places (Canada eh). I'm on the coast, so wind is a constant issue, which is why I may just wait for a M3P instead, or perhaps go the phantom route. I may just get the Air2 and sell it when a m3p comes out.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Same with me - having a Mavic Pro, and thinking of adding a Mavic Air 2 to the "hangar"

Mavic Pro 1 still great, but issues I'm facing:

- Gimbal sometimes slow to level again (have to shift left and right - push the right stick left and right - helping the gimbal to get a straight horizion again)
- video quality in dark/shadow areas
- sometimes blurry in upper left area. Strange: not always the case, most of the time when things at the horizon are far, far away and depending on light conditions.

Still not sure if I am too stupid to set the focus correct, as sometimes results are fine. Coming back from a flight yesterday I realized again blurry parts in the upper left area. So anticipating to buy the Mavic Air 2 in the near future, I updated my firmware this morning from 1.3.900 to the latest. If this doesn't help: Mavic Air 2 will come sooner as expected ..

I upgraded from the OG pro. I'm keeping her because shes family but the air2 is a beast and it flys so good camera is 1000x the pros very impressed so will you!!

My guess is that it's coming. Remember it didn't come with the Air 1 originally. It is fast to change on the screen though.
considering it’s only 1 wheel, how do you suppose it’s coming? Combination of wheel and button press maybe? I don’t remember the Air 1 could change exposure with the single wheel.

Did anybody see (or did yourself) a video comparison (MP 1 to MA 2)?

As stated before I now upgraded my MP1 firmware 01.04.500. Besides the fact that "Normal" and "True Color" color mode are now useless (too much contrast, less saturation - in TrueColor seems almost like black&white), using "Vivid" with 0, -2, -1 gives quite some nice result, and the problem of flickering/artefacts in dark areas seems to be solved with this upgrade as well!

So despite from technical specs (MP1 60mb/s, MA2 120mb/s): do you think the video quality in 4k 30fps is so much better that you'll immediately recognise the difference while watching? Or only something you'll recognise on 65" 4K TV?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000