DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anybody really good with JS files and webpage creation.

Robbyg

Reactions
I am creating a comparison chart for a non drone related hobby of mine and I am desperately trying to figure out how to make the top and left hand columns locked while the user scrolls through the html spreadsheet. I see how it is done with JS files but I am not very good with that kind of thing. If you can help me please PM me and let me know so we can discuss it.

Thanks
Rob

Im not sure how to help, but I suggest using tableau for data visualizations

Reactions: Robbyg
Im not sure how to help, but I suggest using tableau for data visualizations

Thanks but this is an existing website. The problem is the amount of items has grown to the point where it needs locked headers.

Something like this from Excell?

Freeze columns and rows
  1. Select the cell below the rows and to the right of the columns you want to keep visible when you scroll.
  2. Select View > Freeze Panes > Freeze Panes.

You can use position:sticky in CSS or there are dedicated js libraries like sticky.js

You can use position:sticky in CSS or there are dedicated js libraries like sticky.js
Yep but my skills using JS files are just about Zero. I would Pay someone if they can help do it.

I use excel and embed the sheet into my page via a onedrive link, almost full access to excel via a browser. Microsoft has come a long way with O365 and it's usability on any device.

This is hosted via a service and already established with lots of other HTML and CSS code. If anyone can do the mod let me know how much something like this might cost and I will see if it's within my budget.

Oh well @23tony did not reply. If anyone else has some skills with JS let me know. If not I will try another venue.
Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS