DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anybody use this Strobe on Mavic Air?

To be honest, it takes longer to turn them both on, than it does to attach them.
Totally agree with you. I was thinking about the Velcro wearing out - i.e. loosing it’s holding ability with time - details are on the 3M site. Two of the 4 LED strobes represent almost $80, and I’d hate to think of them falling off over some inaccessible area.

Totally agree with you. I was thinking about the Velcro wearing out - i.e. loosing it’s holding ability with time - details are on the 3M site. Two of the 4 LED strobes represent almost $80, and I’d hate to think of them falling off over some inaccessible area.

To be honest, when I first started using the LEDs I felt the same, so I used an elastic band to hold them on, along with the velcro.
I forgot to fit the band a couple of times and the drone came back with them safe and sound, so I tend not to bother now.

Are you using this setup with a Mavic Pro or a Mavic Air? This is a Mavic Air forum.

I'm still waiting for a version of Lume Cube that can be used with a Mavic Air. About a month ago, I asked the company when to expect a Mavic Air version, and they basically told me "We're working on it." I haven't heard anything since, and there is still no Mavic Air version listed on their Web site.

Larry

I know this is a few months later, but I wanted to let you know that I asked them over on Facebook and they said that they're "currently working on a one-light solution" and it "should be available in the next few months." So I added my name to their mailing list and we'll see when they materialize.

Are there any weight/lifting restrictions with the Mavic Air? I see Lume Cube has a video on YouTube where two of the cubes are connected to a Mavic 2 Pro, one on each side of the camera, and it looks really nice.

Dumb question: could someone with a Mavic Air please share a pic of their successful mounting strategy?

Second: is there an official mounting space/point on the MA?

Reactions: pvs
Velcro works just fine for me

I went through your posts in this thread, and I have two questions:

1) What specifically are you mounting?
2) This is for the Mavic Air, correct?
3) Where are you mounting this on the body?
4) Would you mind sharing pictures so I can see?

Thanks!

Here is my strobe lite on a Mavic Air. Usd a small wire tie and the legs will fold up and fit in case. Also used Velcro.
10260011-EEA9-48AC-8D16-F935121924E0.jpeg

Dumb question: could someone with a Mavic Air please share a pic of their successful mounting strategy?

Second: is there an official mounting space/point on the MA?
Get the mounts from Mike Singer- They are perfect- I use them with firehouse technology arc strobe lights Mike's mounts are perfecto- I use one on left front and one on right rear. Can see for 2 miles out over ocean easy- Mounts clean and simple!!

Reactions: msinger
Get the mounts from Mike Singer- They are perfect- I use them with firehouse technology arc strobe lights Mike's mounts are perfecto- I use one on left front and one on right rear. Can see for 2 miles out over ocean easy- Mounts clean and simple!!
Same setup for me except 2 white ARC2s on the rear. Easily the same visibility out in the AZ desert.

I’ve actually stopped using strobes on my drones. I prefer it to be hard to spot in the air. It means I need to be more vigilant, but keeps a lower profile

I actually went with a set of the Lumecube and brackets for my MavicPro and they work awesome! Well worth every penny and the kit was not cheap!
Its locate your drone at Sunrise or Sunset, you can use these LED Cube LEDs for just about any application. You can even use them for your podcast and in your studio.
I got about 20 minutes and I was flying with them on my Mavic Pro. If I was just sitting there hovering I would probably get close to 24 minutes of flight time with the Lumecube light and brackets attached which is not that bad.
New lighting from Lume Cube for my DJI #MavicPro flying kit along with there brackets! Normally I get around 28 min flight time, but with the lighting system.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki