DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone else buy just the basic Mavic 3 package?

Ron-EP

Reactions
I wasn't feeling the price of the fly more combo for the M3. I figured with the higher flight time I'd be ok for the moment and so far I've been right. My work horse is still the P4P but used my Air 2s for some fill in work. Now that I replaced the 2s with the M3 I've had no issues with battery....yet. I've seen the price of M3 batteries so I'm glad no additional ones are needed for the moment.

Anyone else go with the basic package? Regrets? Happy?

Being in RC world for many years I learned a long time ago that one battery is never enough. I always buy the FMC and many times buy extra batteries on top of it. What I didn't do was buying the M3. I'm not a professional photographer and felt that the upgrades of the M3 over the Air2S didn't justify the price tag (at least for my needs)

I bought the basic M3 with one extra battery and the charging hub. I don’t need the bag or any of the other extras that the FMC provides. Works for me.

Chris

I purchased the base kit, added a battery and RC Pro. I use a hard case, Master Airscrew Props and Polar Pro Filters, so the rest of the FMC is redundant. I wish they would offer an aircraft only ”kit” that didn’t include a remote.

I bought the basic M3 with one extra battery and the charging hub. I don’t need the bag or any of the other extras that the FMC provides. Works for me.

Chris
I did the exact same thing. With two M3 batteries I consistently get 1+ hour of flight time depending on conditions, which is more than enough for me. My cupboard is filled with drone carrying cases that I never use, so figured I could live just fine without the nice M3 bag. I went with the YX Intelligent charger for M3 available on Amazon for $62.99. It is a bit less expensive than the DJI charger and can charge up to 4 batteries simultaneously rather than individually. I have always gone with the Fly More Packages in the past, but the high cost of the M3 forced me to look for efficiencies this time. No regrets yet.

I haven't bought a Mavic 3 but if I was I wouldn't be buying the fly more package. I bought Mavic Pro with one extra battery which was fine for what I wanted it for, with the Mavic 2 there was a price rise soon after launch but I managed to find a company selling the fly more bundle at the old price so it worked out a little cheaper than buying two batteries at the new price. I did find the charging hub and in car charger handy thoughu.

Looking at the UK prices it's £670 more for the fly more package and £179 for a battery and £69 for the hub so I'd likely just buy the extra battery, hub and possibly car charger separately. Even if I wanted another battery it would still be a lot less than the fly more package.

I wasn't feeling the price of the fly more combo for the M3. I figured with the higher flight time I'd be ok for the moment and so far I've been right. My work horse is still the P4P but used my Air 2s for some fill in work. Now that I replaced the 2s with the M3 I've had no issues with battery....yet. I've seen the price of M3 batteries so I'm glad no additional ones are needed for the moment.

Anyone else go with the basic package? Regrets? Happy?
I did go with the base M3, but purchased an extra battery with the order. Two batteries so far have served me well for most jobs. Added the tripltek pro 8 and very satisfied with the setup.

I purchased the 2-battery combo. I use my M3 mostly for recreation but also for work (construction). I must say . . . I've never had to dip into the 2nd battery and I was experiencing GPS delays (but no longer). The M3 seems to just hang up there all day on a single battery.

Reactions: rgarjr and Ron-EP
I created my own M3 FlyMore package, by ordering everything á la carte, replacing the useless $300 backpack with an extra battery (4 in total) and DJI Care, and adding the RC-Pro, to-the basic M3, since there was no way I was going to fly a 1TB non-removable SSD on every mission! For the extra money, I'll buy a second basic M3 as a backup instead, as needed. I also swap microSD cards every time I swap batteries. No can do with the Cine version, unless you don't use the SSD! Good to also have the RC-N1 for use of a full sized iPad when desired, especially when the iOS version is preferable than any Android version, and the 4x greater power of the RC-Pro isn't needed.

I think Amazon has the FMC for $2849.

Looks like 2 sets of props and the Polarizer lenses?

Has anyone broken down the costs?

I bought the basic M3 from very.co.uk here in UK, as a new customer I got 20% off so purchased extra batteries now have 4 batteries and got the RC Pro to finish it off, very happy with it, in fact was flying it today & the screen on the RC Pro was so much easier to see, I noticed the difference when I landed it & then flew my Mavic 2 Pro out on the exact same flight using the Smart Controller this time, big difference in screen quality, I then flew my DJI FPV on the exact same flight & another step up in quality when using the goggles, I really wish the goggles were compatible with the M3, would make flying it even better than it already is.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I bought the basic M3 from very.co.uk here in UK, as a new customer I got 20% off so purchased extra batteries now have 4 batteries and got the RC Pro to finish it off, very happy with it, in fact was flying it today & the screen on the RC Pro was so much easier to see, I noticed the difference when I landed it & then flew my Mavic 2 Pro out on the exact same flight using the Smart Controller this time, big difference in screen quality, I then flew my DJI FPV on the exact same flight & another step up in quality when using the goggles, I really wish the goggles were compatible with the M3, would make flying it even better than it already is.
Same set up I have, and I got 10% off and no tax, which was effectively 20% off everything. Would like to us my FPV goggles with the M3, too!

Went for the basic here also. Normally the FMC is worth it as it's typically the cost of 2 batteries and some change but this time the price difference is to large.

I bought the basic package & with my DJI credits bought another battery.With the extended flight time I haven't felt the need for more batteries & I didn't want the other stuff that comes with the flymore package

I too bought the basic package and one battery a few weeks later. I will probably buy the charging hub and some nd/pl filters at some point.

I too bought the basic package and one battery a few weeks later. I will probably buy the charging hub and some nd/pl filters at some point.
While the charging hub is expensive at $89, it's the only way to charge one battery while flying with another! It's essential, unless you only have one battery.

Most DJI accessories are overpriced when bought separately and this one is no exception, however, it is indeed essential.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman