DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone ordered just the standard mavic 3 pro package with just one battery

I did as well. Similar reasons. I have a M3T, so I had spare batteries and the 100W charger. Of course now I have a spare RC unit as well. I ordered mine through Best Buy, since if I had an issue, I could just drop it off at my local store. They shipped it direct to my home, no charge.

I did as well. The fly more combo contained a lot of "filler" that I didn't need. I had a case I would already use and so I ordered the standard package with the one battery and then I ordered the enterprise battery pack (3 batteries and multi-charger). All combined was less than the fly more package deal and I gained an additional battery.

Yeah me, came with Dji RC, 1 battery, 65W charger. I already had 4 batteries from my original Mavic 3 and the charging base including many props and the RC Pro
Ditto

Has anyone ordered just the standard mavic 3 pro package with just one battery
I was upgrading from the mini2 and hate spending so much money but it was very worth it. I also ordered one extra battery at the time of purchase. When I get the 27$ rebate from DJI I put that with another $20 they gave me and bought a 3rd battery. The one thing I saw was that the batteries take quite a while to charge so from Amazon I bought an extra set of blades and a charger that charges three batteries at one time but fully drained they take an hour to charge all 3 at one time...
So even though I bought the basic M3Pro $2,199 I felt I needed these extras...

I was upgrading from the mini2 and hate spending so much money but it was very worth it. I also ordered one extra battery at the time of purchase. When I get the 27$ rebate from DJI I put that with another $20 they gave me and bought a 3rd battery. The one thing I saw was that the batteries take quite a while to charge so from Amazon I bought an extra set of blades and a charger that charges three batteries at one time but fully drained they take an hour to charge all 3 at one time...
So even though I bought the basic M3Pro $2,199 I felt I needed these extras...
This is all super valuable info,as I am looking at the standard package Mavic 3 pro myself ,and an additional battery for now.
I have a number of cases and backpacks to keep stuff in.

This is all super valuable info,as I am looking at the standard package Mavic 3 pro myself ,and an additional battery for now.
I have a number of cases and backpacks to keep stuff in.
If you don't have the RC Pro and have the extra money, I recommend you get it

If you don't have the RC Pro and have the extra money, I recommend you get it
Thanks for the reply,I will take a serious look at the RC Pro.Would like to be able to finally fly with a controller
with a built in screen,instead of my RC-N1 with my Tripltek tablet for my Air 2.I am using the tablet to fly my Autel Lite+
also.I do want to get the Mavic 3 Pro. The 70mm lens is the one of great interest for the type of photography I do for
a hobby.

Reactions: Suren
Thanks for the reply,I will take a serious look at the RC Pro.Would like to be able to finally fly with a controller
with a built in screen,instead of my RC-N1 with my Tripltek tablet for my Air 2.I am using the tablet to fly my Autel Lite+
also.I do want to get the Mavic 3 Pro. The 70mm lens is the one of great interest for the type of photography I do for
a hobby.

I already had the Mavic 3 Cine and RC Pro and Mini 3 Pro with the RC controller when the Mavic 3 Pro came out so I just figured I would just order the basic kit with another RC and use that as a backup.

But the funny thing is DJI pushed out this horrible update for the RC Pro that makes it auto log out in a month or less regardless of times flown in order to force feed it fly safe updates. It's brutal, if you are not near wifi or cell signal then you can only fly 50M in altitude and 150M in distance until you log in again. It's a huge pain for those of us who work in remote areas, several have had it happen on jobs.

Since this might be a permanent "feature" I would strongly urge you to wait on getting the RC Pro until this sorts it self out if at all. It's bad enough for me that I just picked up a third DJI RC from the classifieds on here today and may have to permanently retire the RC Pro if they don't fix this garbage.

I already had the Mavic 3 Cine and RC Pro and Mini 3 Pro with the RC controller when the Mavic 3 Pro came out so I just figured I would just order the basic kit with another RC and use that as a backup.

But the funny thing is DJI pushed out this horrible update for the RC Pro that makes it auto log out in a month or less regardless of times flown in order to force feed it fly safe updates. It's brutal, if you are not near wifi or cell signal then you can only fly 50M in altitude and 150M in distance until you log in again. It's a huge pain for those of us who work in remote areas, several have had it happen on jobs.

Since this might be a permanent "feature" I would strongly urge you to wait on getting the RC Pro until this sorts it self out if at all. It's bad enough for me that I just picked up a third DJI RC from the classifieds on here today and may have to permanently retire the RC Pro if they don't fix this garbage.
Are you sure this isn't already, or won't shortly be, rolled out to all DJI RC's, as well? If it was intentional and not a mistake, I see no reason why DJI would single out the RC Pro for this requirement and not the RC Pro. Your thoughts?

Are you sure this isn't already, or won't shortly be, rolled out to all DJI RC's, as well? If it was intentional and not a mistake, I see no reason why DJI would single out the RC Pro for this requirement and not the RC Pro. Your thoughts?
I totally agree and their replies on the matter on the DJI forum are typical robotic-boiler plate. My fear *is* that they have planted a nice steaming pile in the Regular RC’s already and it just needs to hatch on the date of their choosing.

But my hope is that they have not and by locking in these birds and controllers to current state and then flying them strictly closed loop, I can forgo this significant if not deal breaking hobbling of an otherwise great platform.

Time will tell I guess…

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I totally agree and their replies on the matter on the DJI forum are typical robotic-boiler plate. My fear *is* that they have planted a nice steaming pile in the Regular RC’s already and it just needs to hatch on the date of their choosing.

But my hope is that they have not and by locking in these birds and controllers to current state and then flying them strictly closed loop, I can forgo this significant if not deal breaking hobbling of an otherwise great platform.

Time will tell I guess…
I assume you have received some reliable, independent confirmation from DJI that this RC Pro change was completely intentional, and not just a mistake? Your new reference to FlySafe as the justification is pretty specific.

I assume you have received some reliable, independent confirmation from DJI that this RC Pro change was completely intentional, and not just a mistake? Your new reference to FlySafe as the justification is pretty specific.
It's all right here, in no reply do they say this was a mistake. In post #13 of the first thread below they specifically refer to fly safe updates.

Last edited:
It's all right here, in no reply do they say this was a mistake. In post #13 of the first thread below they specifically refer to fly safe updates.

Thanks for sharing the DJI Forum threads.
Of greatest concern is the statement,

"This applies to the DJI Fly app itself not only the DJI RC Pro. If you don't connect to the network for one month, DJI Fly App will be logged out automatically after one month, and a re-login is required."

Basically, the DJI rep is saying it is not an RC Pro issue, but an intentional Fly app issue, which will affect everyone! What is your last RC Pro FW version, that you updated to, that triggered the change?

Oddly, in April, another DJI rep stated it was 3 months!

"For the DJI Fly, the account will be logged out automatically after three months, and re-login is required."

Then, a few weeks later, for security reasons, it will now be every 30 days, after too many complaints about the 3 months!

"We're sorry, but there has been a recent update on the timeline. The account will be logged out now after one month, and a re-log in is required. This is for security reasons."
Then, when questioned, the DJI rep rationalizes the change:

"The purpose of connecting to the Internet sometimes is to obtain updated information on restricted flight zones on time. Flying without connecting to the internet for a long time will affect flight safety. This is why the accounts are logged out every month and a re-log in it required. If WiFi is not accessible, you may connect to your mobile phone hotspot to login then disconnect right after."

If that is the real reason, TFR's are updated 24/7! Next, a new log-in will be mandatory before every flight! Expect at least a daily log-in requirement in the near future!

TFR's are local, and even though you log in at home in the morning, if you drive 100 miles away, a new set of TFR's may exist at that location. In addition to a time component, there must also be a say 50 mile location change, triggered by the distance from last login! Remember the old compass recalibration requirements that were time and distance based? This is likely the same, which is why all the pilots off the grid are getting the log out! They are the farthest away from their last login location!

Virtually everyone reporting unexpected logouts of less than 30 days has travelled to a remote location, far away from their last log-in!

Last edited:
It does not have to be far away from last log in, I have had it happen just a couple miles away.

It’s getting super odd for sure but for me it started when they pushed out the update in the Fall that brought cruise control to both the Mavic 3 and Mini 3 Pro, I did not update the latter and it has been sandboxed since and will remain such.

Think about this for a moment, they do this weird log in thing then add a new altitude limit of 1000M. To add to the oddness of it all, when I now do my usual custom unlock around our regional airport, I have to be sent a code via my phone where as before it was simply checking a couple boxes after I uploaded the new unlock. Here is the odd part though…when I go to request the unlock, it is in an authorization zone that has a max altitude option of 50M.

But when I go to actually use it and retrieve and enter that code via my phone, according to what I see on screen I can fly unimpeded up to 500M!!

I want to see more traction and input on this topic and that means across the board, from DJI, from other users, etc.

It does not have to be far away from last log in, I have had it happen just a couple miles away.

It’s getting super odd for sure but for me it started when they pushed out the update in the Fall that brought cruise control to both the Mavic 3 and Mini 3 Pro, I did not update the latter and it has been sandboxed since and will remain such.

Think about this for a moment, they do this weird log in thing then add a new altitude limit of 1000M. To add to the oddness of it all, when I now do my usual custom unlock around our regional airport, I have to be sent a code via my phone where as before it was simply checking a couple boxes after I uploaded the new unlock. Here is the odd part though…when I go to request the unlock, it is in an authorization zone that has a max altitude option of 50M.

But when I go to actually use it and retrieve and enter that code via my phone, according to what I see on screen I can fly unimpeded up to 500M!!

I want to see more traction and input on this topic and that means across the board, from DJI, from other users, etc.
So what FW version is your RC Pro on? That's where this is coming from, rather than the aircraft FW, because that is where the Fly app is installed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne