DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone else had this?

Having thought a little more about your comments BudWalker I checked my iPad and curiously there were a few files around 5:45 pm that I had noted before but even later around 10:40pm that same day that contained things like the attached.

There are quite a few folders to choose from but I will do my best to find all that occur when I have turned things off. I will also turn off wireless on the iPad straight away and try to download all files before any disappear when they link to me.

Attachments

• IMG-0152.jpg
    IMG-0152.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 19
Having thought a little more about your comments BudWalker I checked my iPad and curiously there were a few files around 5:45 pm that I had noted before but even later around 10:40pm that same day that contained things like the attached.

There are quite a few folders to choose from but I will do my best to find all that occur when I have turned things off. I will also turn off wireless on the iPad straight away and try to download all files before any disappear when they link to me.
Sorry, I thought you knew where to find the .DAT on the mobile device (iPad). Look here
Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide
Section 3.
Sub Section Mobile device DAT files (DJI GO 4 & DJI Fly)
to see how to get the .DAT from the mobile device.

Edit: And, no need to touch the error, take pics etc. Just try to start the motors. Then, stop them if they start. And then retrieve the .DAT.

Sorry, I thought you knew where to find the .DAT on the mobile device (iPad). Look here
Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide
Section 3.
Sub Section Mobile device DAT files (DJI GO 4 & DJI Fly)
to see how to get the .DAT from the mobile device.

Edit: And, no need to touch the error, take pics etc. Just try to start the motors. Then, stop them if they start. And then retrieve the .DAT.
OK I will check the link information and follow your instructions. Funny how my aged brain works - I have been looking around the web on the topic and one site mentioned Max Power Load warning - I did see that as I peered at the screen at the time of the tumbling event. Everything happened so quickly but had no time to react.

Last edited:
Checked the link for retrieving DAT file and it seems to be on the mSD card only for the Mavic Mini - where I found the last one - the fc.log.log which I changed to fc.log.DAT - sorry I was confused with where I had to find it. I don't think DJI can delete that one but it does not seem to contain the eventLog you mentioned so I will do my best to grab all the new files. I will try a different card first and send what I get in the fc.log.log.

Checked the link for retrieving DAT file and it seems to be on the mSD card only for the Mavic Mini - where I found the last one - the fc.log.log which I changed to fc.log.DAT - sorry I was confused with where I had to find it. I don't think DJI can delete that one but it does not seem to contain the eventLog you mentioned so I will do my best to grab all the new files. I will try a different card first and send what I get in the fc.log.log.
If you have the fc_log.log file copied to the PC after your test and before the MM was powered up again please provide that. The eventLog stream is extracted from that - it's not an independent file. As you've seen the fc_log.log file is actually a .DAT file - albeit a complicated .DAT requiring extra attention to get it to provide useful info.

The .DAT on the mobile device is easier to use. If there are no .DATs in the MCDatFlightRecords folder that means that the MM is syncing with DJI. I have my MM set to not sync which allows me to access those .DATs.

Do you know where that sitting can be found for a Mavic 2?

Thanks!
I thought I did but now that I've looked in the Go App I can't see where this is set. But, I did confirm that my Go App .DATs don't get deleted. Maybe someone else can shed some light on this.

Reactions: JAW
If you have the fc_log.log file copied to the PC after your test and before the MM was powered up again please provide that. The eventLog stream is extracted from that - it's not an independent file. As you've seen the fc_log.log file is actually a .DAT file - albeit a complicated .DAT requiring extra attention to get it to provide useful info.

The .DAT on the mobile device is easier to use. If there are no .DATs in the MCDatFlightRecords folder that means that the MM is syncing with DJI. I have my MM set to not sync which allows me to access those .DATs.

OK, so having read your comment, I decided to first just try and connect the aircraft to see what would happen then if all seemed ok I would manually start and stop props. Batteries were showing fully charged.

I tried activating the controller and the drone first with only a very slight difference in results - the red light was on with drone first - the red light showed some green then went red using the controller first - in both cases:
a) the gimbal moved as per normal although there seemed to be a delay but
b) there was no noise at all
c) the usual sound that appears to be a motor check with some slight prop movements did not happen and the
c) light on the back was always red at the end of connecting.

The same screen that I saw after it crashed - ESC connection error. Repairs required. Contact DJI Support for assistance (Code: 30085) Unable to take off. I did not attempt to start the props.

Re. the fc.log.log file - the one I uploaded earlier was that one related to the uncontrolled fall and the Max Power Reached warning, but I changed the last "log" to DAT. The MCDatFlightRecords folder was empty before. I checked there first then saw a comment saying everything was stored on the mSD in a hidden folder which I found. I have a copy of all the mSD contents that I could see.

I checked the mSD and there were no new files after the checks and the iPad had a few new files - DJISyncLogs that were all the same - see attached. Some DJILogs and a DroneUpgradeSave - all dated today when I was checking. Some files were empty.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Files.zip
    343.8 KB · Views: 3
OK, so having read your comment, I decided to first just try and connect the aircraft to see what would happen then if all seemed ok I would manually start and stop props. Batteries were showing fully charged.

I tried activating the controller and the drone first with only a very slight difference in results - the red light was on with drone first - the red light showed some green then went red using the controller first - in both cases:
a) the gimbal moved as per normal although there seemed to be a delay but
b) there was no noise at all
c) the usual sound that appears to be a motor check with some slight prop movements did not happen and the
c) light on the back was always red at the end of connecting.

The same screen that I saw after it crashed - ESC connection error. Repairs required. Contact DJI Support for assistance (Code: 30085) Unable to take off. I did not attempt to start the props.

Re. the fc.log.log file - the one I uploaded earlier was that one related to the uncontrolled fall and the Max Power Reached warning, but I changed the last "log" to DAT. The MCDatFlightRecords folder was empty before. I checked there first then saw a comment saying everything was stored on the mSD in a hidden folder which I found. I have a copy of all the mSD contents that I could see.

I checked the mSD and there were no new files after the checks and the iPad had a few new files - DJISyncLogs that were all the same - see attached. Some DJILogs and a DroneUpgradeSave - all dated today when I was checking. Some files were empty.

Hope this helps.
The executive summary is that the MM has a HW problem and probably needs to be sent to DJI for repair.

The analysis I did in post #26 was based on the fc_log.log that you submitted. It strongly suggests that the incident was due to an ESC failure.

Your description of an attempt to start the motors also strongly suggests an ESC failure.

If you were to submit the fc_log.log that was created when you last tried to start the motors we could determine if there were even more evidence of an ESC failure. The fc_log.log gets over written each time the MM is powered up.

I think the sync/not-sync option is the enable/relevant-opposite at the top RHS in the view of the flight records ("fight data centre") under profile under the front page of the app.

Gday, where did you find the stuff you posted in that screen capture?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the sync/not-sync option is the enable/relevant-opposite at the top RHS in the view of the flight records ("fight data centre") under profile under the front page of the app.

Not sure which screen capture you are referring to PhiliusFoggg but this is all I can see via my profile. BTW I did have more flights before the 12th but they were not recorded for some reason.

Attachments

• 31341.jpg
    31341.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 10
The executive summary is that the MM has a HW problem and probably needs to be sent to DJI for repair.

The analysis I did in post #26 was based on the fc_log.log that you submitted. It strongly suggests that the incident was due to an ESC failure.

Your description of an attempt to start the motors also strongly suggests an ESC failure.

If you were to submit the fc_log.log that was created when you last tried to start the motors we could determine if there were even more evidence of an ESC failure. The fc_log.log gets over written each time the MM is powered up.

Thanks for your analysis. I could try to start the motors manually , since I did not do so when it said Unable to takeoff.

The fc.log.log on the mSD card was of course not changed when I did not try to start it - I did check. I shared some of the files that were created in the Zip. I looked around the web and the Max Power Load Reached message I briefly saw does seem to occur with a few MM.

Are you talking about this guy?
1600701017705.png

UPDATE for those who might be interested in the procedure. I was contacted by the Canadian Repair shop and they asked for:
  • Flight logs via google drive or Dropbox. (the whole FlightRecords folder)
  • Initialled and signed form with the usual indemnifying wordings.
  • Estimated date and time of crash.
  • How did crash happen.
  • Application used to fly
  • Email used to create an account
They provided good pdf explanations of how to upload files. I will report on what happens when they have had time to see the records and get back to me. All has been sent - thanks to being asked for such files here I could figure it out fairly easily!

I was looking at the verbose csv and noticed that at line 30.01.3 column A the motors all disconnected together THEN the messages started - does that make sense?

The warnings came too late to react and since the motors were not running (assume disconnect means that) any inputs would have been useless. It was in freefall.

Are any of the csv lines related to the motor speeds? The abbreviations are a "little obscure".

Last edited:
Budwalker I don't see that, I will post what I see in the morning. Gday, ( darn auto completion ) where are you? Caledon comes up as near Aughnacloy Co Armagh? for me.

Budwalker I don't see that, I will post what I see in the morning. Gray, where are you? Caledon comes up as near Aughnacloy Co Armagh? for me.
My Caledon is in Ontario, north of Toronto.

A bit more detail (I added a column to obtain time into flight - hence "about" mentioned)
30:01:3 (about 1:47.8) HOME.motor1EscmState Disconnect (all 4 motors?)
30.01.4, (about 1:47.9) Message NGPS signal weak. Positioning accuracy affected. Fly with caution (Code: 30049)
30:01:6 (about 1:48.1) Message NGPS signal weak. Positioning accuracy affected. Fly with caution (Code: 30049)Aircraft max power load reached. Decrease altitude and fly with caution. If this issue persists. land immediately (Code: 30168)
30:02:2 (about 1:48.6) Message Aircraft max power load reached. Decrease altitude and fly with caution. If this issue persists. land immediately (Code: 30168). (Max power load reached. Fly with caution.

Remember I am a beginner and may be making mistakes!

Last edited:
Not morning sorry but here's what I see in relation to what I think is sync'ing, (Android) from memory it's in a similar place in Go4.

Gday, unfortunately the motor speed data that I know of is in the DAT file and any csv prodced from that, columns EZ to FC, 156 to 159.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200922-182339 c&p.png
    Screenshot_20200922-182339 c&p.png
    116.5 KB · Views: 11
Update: to complete the story and help others maybe!

I had to first send the flight data files to the Canadian repair facility then after a wait I was asked to make the same files accessible in China - done via Google Drive. After a couple of weeks of back and forth emails I received an acknowledgement that it was a "Propulsion error" and would be a warranty claim.

I took the drone to the repair facility because it was within driving distance and they said they would repair it but would have to order parts maybe. Eventually I was told the whole drone would be replaced, not repaired. They shipped it to me about a week later.

One odd thing in the process was that when I dropped off the drone they gave me no receipt - I called and explained my concern and they sent an email confirming they had it. It felt strange to have no proof that they had it.

The whole process to finally get a replacement under warranty took just over a month. Due to poor weather I have not flown it yet.

I learned a lot from this forum and once again my sincere thanks to all who stepped up and explained to a beginner what had happened. It gave me a lot more confidence and much greater understanding.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ad60