DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone else order from Carolina Dronz?

Daniel Marlin

Reactions
I placed an order on October 9th for the "fly more" package with CD and was told i would be included in their first shipment. Well as of today they still haven't heard from DJI on a delivery even date though they said they would know by now. Starting to worry as I don't want to be stuck with the pre-order if they aren't going to get a shipment anytime soon. All the other retailers are an know the dates. Considering cancelling my preorder..

Why panic. I ordered mine directly from DJI on 30sep and they still have to ship it. Best to be patient.. else you will only end up getting it later if you cancel. I think the FPV Guy on you tube uses them also if im not wrong .. so they probably as eager as you are to fulfill their orders..

Reactions: Spuds_McKenzie
Why panic. I ordered mine directly from DJI on 30sep and they still have to ship it. Best to be patient.. else you will only end up getting it later if you cancel. I think the FPV Guy on you tube uses them also if im not wrong .. so they probably as eager as you are to fulfill their orders..

Not panicking just wondering if i should placean order elsewhere such as best buy since they are now showing an October 31st delivery date. I did just receive an emailfrom CD stating as far as they know they will be getting a shipment 1st week of November. Who knows if that includes the fly more bundles though...

They flat lied to you on the shipment. The only drones going out in the first shipment were the ones ordered directly from DJI, not a 3rd party.

Canceling and reordering now would put you even further away from receiving one - dates are now into the mid December range (Dec 13 from a few sellers on Amazon...)

They're expecting shipment mid Nov. last I heard. I pre-ordered the fly more bundle with them on Oct. 3rd.

Although, I'm eager to get my hands on a mavic I don't want to buy the package separately. I don't have any thing planned for that I'd need a mavic right now that my phantom 4 can't handle.

Have not heard anything more since 10/17. Placed order Sept 27th "Fly more" bundle. I will wait and hope they will honor my pre-order status when they finally receive shipments from DJI. Or how about CD dealing with it on a first ordering basis, and sending the extra "Fly more" equipment at a later date to those customers?

Have not heard anything more since 10/17. Placed order Sept 27th "Fly more" bundle. I will wait and hope they will honor my pre-order status when they finally receive shipments from DJI. Or how about CD dealing with it on a first ordering basis, and sending the extra "Fly more" equipment at a later date to those customers?

I think they ordered like 100 bundles, so if you're within the 100th, you will have one reserved.

I was told they ordered 150 units on the first batch and the cut off for getting in on that batch was ~October 14. At that time they were sticking with the mid October shipping date estimate which keeps getting pushed back. My understanding is that retailers get stock trickling in at random so there is no way for a retailer to really give a realistic shipping date. The last official update (email) from CD was that units would begin shipping Nov 14 and customers would be notified if that changes. I asked yesterday if that date was still accurate and the person I spoke with informed me that it was now Nov 20 or later. Bottom line is that they really don't know and don't have any control over it.

Well this sucks, I ordered from CD because of their great customer service. CD can not be happy with the delays..... There is going to be a point where I just ask for a refund as the weather is going to not so good for drone frying.... and I will just revisit later in March when maybe someone else will have the "new, must have drone" IE: Compact w/FPV goggles included in a all in one kit

I asked yesterday if that date was still accurate and the person I spoke with informed me that it was now Nov 20 or later.

I placed an order on October 9th for the "fly more" package with CD and was told i would be included in their first shipment. Well as of today they still haven't heard from DJI on a delivery even date though they said they would know by now. Starting to worry as I don't want to be stuck with the pre-order if they aren't going to get a shipment anytime soon. All the other retailers are an know the dates. Considering cancelling my preorder..

CD did an unboxing? He's out enjoy on his Mavic? That would lead me to believe he's got some Mavic's. But you just weren't in the first go round.

If I were you I would email them and ask.... is their YouTube channel more important than my order?

As for the rest of you... I complained multiple times and got my Amazon order. I complained and got my batteries. While the rest are being patient, I got my stuff.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease! The silent wheels get nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

It's my understanding that they have a demo.

I have heard a few people mention what great customer service they have. Maybe they're just overwhelmed with Mavic orders and not equipped to deal with it, but I have not been very impressed with the communication and consistency of information.

I'm in the same boat with Drone Nerds. Can't even get them to respond to an email. Will be the last order EVER from Drone Nerds.

I'm in the same boat with Drone Nerds. Can't even get them to respond to an email. Will be the last order EVER from Drone Nerds.

Try calling them. That's what I did and they let me know where exactly I was on the list. Just got my Mavic delivered from them on Friday.

I called Carolina Dronz yesterday to see if they had any batteries and also asked about the status on their Mavics and they were promising me delivery by the end of the month. We got our Mavic this past week but I was very surprised by what they were telling be based on what I've seen here on the forum. They did not have any batteries.

Any updates from Carolina Dronz? I had hoped to have my mavic for my Thanksgiving vacation but it's not looking to good. I'm thinking of canceling and picking up a P4.

I spoke with them on monday and they said DjI told them their shipment was on the way but did not provide a tracking number. It should have arrived by now if that was true so i dont know.

Anyone else heard from them the past 2 days???

have you received your Mavic yet?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots