DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone flown the Mini 2 in the rain?

Install take about 5 minutes so we just have pictures for the Mini 2 and we Guarantee a Perfect install as all international shipments get extra parts.

The Wet Suit covers both the top and bottom of the drone and is fully functional to open and close.
The Sticker is optional where you want that.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly our Mini 2 in the Pouring Rain / Snow and land on water.

The Front and back has a 3mm Bumper for those accidental bumps .
The Prop Covers just seat inside the Motors. .
The Surge Mask protect the Sensors on the bottom and locks in the
seals on the Open Ports.

Forum Members get a Few extra colors
Neon Red Neon blue and Black

You get all 3 Colors

View attachment 123965View attachment 123964View attachment 123963

How much does the Mini 2 weigh with all that extra equipment on it?

My mini 2 weighs around 242g with a sim card, loading it with another 8g would put it over the 250g limit for flying it in certain areas.

At the moment I'm not sure anyone actually checks if a drone is a legal weight, but it is better to be under for peace of mind and to be within the law, the police might start weighing the drones some day.

I know it isn't classed as waterproof, but might it withstand some rain?
Only if you want to purchase a new one. Drones have been lost just flying in fog.

How much does the Mini 2 weigh with all that extra equipment on it?

My mini 2 weighs around 242g with a sim card, loading it with another 8g would put it over the 250g limit for flying it in certain areas.

At the moment I'm not sure anyone actually checks if a drone is a legal weight, but it is better to be under for peace of mind and to be within the law, the police might start weighing the drones some day.
The wet suit weighs 0.3 ounces which is 8.5 grams , its best to weigh your drone as it might not weigh 250 exactly.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly you DJI in the Rain and Snow

One other thing just came to mind. My MM and I got caught in a shower, the MM was fine. My phone was not, it started acting up the next time I used it. I ended up having to clear an obscure usb cache to get it to connect reliably.
I was at home when we were caught in the shower and everything was towel dried ASAP and I also put a vacuum cleaner over the equipment to suck out as much as possible any internal water.

I crashed my Mini 2 into a waterfall pool. It was completely submerged a foot deep for about a minute. I took the battery out immediately, rushed home with it and dried it out with a hairdrier into the battery compartment. It works perfectly now, phew! I don't think the same would happen in salt water.
I wouldn't knowingly fly in the rain though.

Nice float mod - however it is not recommended for salt water is corrosive and will deteriorate the circuit boards, connections, battery, and wiring in time.

We made a Wet Suit for the Mini 2 and Rescue Jacket to secure your drone with the DJI Refresh

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Pouring Rain / Snow and land on water.
Can you send one of these to the Netherlands? And will there be import charges/tax at your knowledge?
Thx. We have the mini 2 for SAR operations (scouting).

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Can you send one of these to the Netherlands? And will there be import charges/tax at your knowledge?
Thx. We have the mini 2 for SAR operations (scouting).

Yes : Shipping is a little slow suggest you use Priority and there are no Charges or tax do the weight / samples being sent.
Pm your Email and i will send you out an invoice . All International Orders get extra Parts to secure a perfect install.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain / snow.

Question why would you guys use the Mini 2 and not the Air 2 ?
is it possible you will get an Air 2 in the Future ?

I ask this after going to the Website as I try to help Search and Rescue Units when i can.
I look forward to your answer. ?
Anyone, every crewmember may fly the mini 2 with no licence. To fly with the air 2 you need a permit, A1 A3 and after that A2. Its not as easy in the Netherlands as in Ireland.
And the mini 2 is launched from the lifeboat, we can always get her back by sailing to her, if she can't come back.
Thank you for advise...

Last edited:
Anyone, every crewmember may fly the mini 2 with no licence. To fly with the air 2 you need a permit, A1 A3 and after that A2. Its not as easy in the Netherlands as in Ireland.
And the mini 2 is launched from the lifeboat, we can always get her back by sailing to her, if she can't come back.
Thank you for advise...

Ok , good to know what I normally do to help Search and Rescue is Provide and extra Wet Suit in case you add another Mini 2 to the team , that is why I asked... Sending invoice out now for you.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in and out of the Storm.

• Love
Reactions: Audiorent
Ok , good to know what I normally do to help Search and Rescue is Provide and extra Wet Suit in case you add another Mini 2 to the team , that is why I asked... Sending invoice out now for you.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in and out of the Storm.
Thank you so much for the second wetsuit, and your support! We are now in training for getting the pictures as quickly as possible to the Dutch Coastguard. (Den Helder Rescue, JRCC).

Flew last week in a very intermittent snow shower, only went up about 50-70 meters. Photos showed flakes but upon return the Mini 1 was dry. No moisture in the motors, on top of drone or on camera. It seemed like the props acted to push any flakes away. It had already heat up to over 32 degrees. Only flew for a few minutes to get photos for a job.

Hey my Brother my name is Clay and it is nice to meet you and yeah man I have got caught out in the rain and it was just a little quick shower out of no where and I was up about 300.ft on my way down and it did just fine I had no warnings or anything else like that and all in all I would say that my MINI 2 was in the rain for about a half of a minute and I will also say that it's not good to have a brushless motor in water and or the other electronics in and on our DJI MINI-2's I also have and race RC RACE CARS AND SHORT COURSE RACE TRUCKS (TEAM ASSOCIATED) and I have burnt up many a brushless race motor and ESC's by getting them wet and then sometimes they will be OK just need dried up and cleaned up but with our DJI MINI 2's BRUSHLESS OPEN MOTOR HOUSING's on the top of the motor you can see the rotor and stator's if they get damaged and or something else goes wrong with it in that area you will be buying a new one and as for the main body chassis housing where the motherboard and other electronics are kept inside you have to definitely keep them dry and as you well know that flying it out in the rain isn't going to be good for it especially getting them electronics wet cause it could short out all of the electronics onboard and yeah I see that they're selling a new wetsuit for our DJI MAVIC MINI 2 and it sounds like it is the ticket to be able to go out and fly it in the rain with no problem at all Brother so if you are going to be out there flying it in the rain then absolutely yeah Brother I truly would be buying a wet suit for your NEW BADAZZ DJI-MAVIC-MINI-2-DRONE!!! GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS AND FOREVER BROTHER,, SINCERELY CLAY B.✝️✝️✝️ I really hope that this helps you out with your journey my Brother in Our Christ Lord Jesus

Sounds great. Can you sell me a cheap boat to go out and get it??Actually, thinking of getting one and a cheap canoe for rescue. How much postage to Australia
Ever since someone sent me a picture of the Australia Coast line I realize you guys need a Repel Rope and a boat. ?
Remote touch downs work really well flying into caves and down cliffs for search and rescue.

Screenshot 02-23-2021 15.02.52.jpg

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain / Snow and land on Water.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11