DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone flying in Las Vegas??

Another Vegas member here. My Mavic is still pending for shipping, but I ordered it late. I won't be back in town until the end of Jan, but definitely would want to meet up.

Have you guys been out to the Wheel of Misfortune? Google it in maps, it's on Lake Mead Pkwy heading towards Lake Las Vegas. I tried to take my racing quads up there, but didn't feel comfortable crossing the blocked road and couldn't get close enough with my little quads because I only run Spektrum satellite antennas.

Another Vegas member here. My Mavic is still pending for shipping, but I ordered it late. I won't be back in town until the end of Jan, but definitely would want to meet up.

Have you guys been out to the Wheel of Misfortune? Google it in maps, it's on Lake Mead Pkwy heading towards Lake Las Vegas. I tried to take my racing quads up there, but didn't feel comfortable crossing the blocked road and couldn't get close enough with my little quads because I only run Spektrum satellite antennas.
Ok, this is crazy weird! This is close to where I live and have never heard about this place. Now you've made me want to go take a hike and see what it's all about! Let me know when you get back! Let's go check it out!

I'm in..... Downtown Summerlin and RR resort are great to fly at night.
I'm in summerlin too, been shooting some vids lately at that area for my youtube channel lol, I love downtown summerlin. Unfortunately, no mavic related vids yet :(

On a side note, any of you guys gotten your Mavics already? And where did you order from? I'm waiting from new egg, and I went ahead and ordered from bestbuy too as backup lol.

Wheel of Misfortune FPV:

I'm in summerlin too, been shooting some vids lately at that area for my youtube channel lol, I love downtown summerlin. Unfortunately, no mavic related vids yet :(

On a side note, any of you guys gotten your Mavics already? And where did you order from? I'm waiting from new egg, and I went ahead and ordered from bestbuy too as backup lol.
Still no Mavic...pre-ordered from Massdrop. Got an update that said they were on track for their original ship date from their supplier but didn't really give us any information on when we could expect them at our front door! :-(

Oh, that wasn't my flight. I just searched it on YouTube and found it. I did go out there once, but I flew from the road instead of walking closer to it. Since I was using my race quads, I didn't have a strong enough RC signal to make it over to where the wheel is at. I use satellite receivers, so it's very limited. It'll be fun to take the mavic out and try out POI and the other modes.

Reactions: Revoh713
Man!!
Oh, that wasn't my flight. I just searched it on YouTube and found it. I did go out there once, but I flew from the road instead of walking closer to it. Since I was using my race quads, I didn't have a strong enough RC signal to make it over to where the wheel is at. I use satellite receivers, so it's very limited. It'll be fun to take the mavic out and try out POI and the other modes.
Here i was thinking I need to work on my pilot skills! LOL!! Cool vid nonetheless. I was hoping he would fly through the little window in the middle of the wheel!! I have a couple quads that I built from pieces and have tried the FPV but still trying to get used to it!

I live in North Las Vegas and I'm down to meet up as well.. My fly more bundle is scheduled to make it
to me by the end of next month but I still have my p3p (ill sell it when the Mavic arrives). You can always reach me on Instagram at 1man1drone_ .. Always good to colab with fellow enthusiasts!!

Woo hoo, a NLV guy! lol, most people I find with multirotors all live in Henderson. :) I'm off 215/N 5th.

Woo hoo, a NLV guy! lol, most people I find with multirotors all live in Henderson. :) I'm off 215/N 5th.
I noticed a motorcycle in your avatar. If you ride we can shoot over to that charleston straightaway and have some fun lol ( I have a CBR 1000rr myself)

Reactions: FPVJunkie
lol, yeah it's mine, a K9 GSXR 600, so I prefer lake runs... lol

Yeah, a couple years ago I got to go up and do a video shoot with the produces of Why We Ride, we went up to Valley of Fire and they had all of their cameras setup in the corners and stuff. We didn't get caught until we were on the last shoot down closer to the ranger station. lol. It was a blast, but I only made it in two scenes for like 10 seconds. I wish I could get my hands on the raw footage, would have loved to see all of it.

Once I get comfortable flying the Mavic and learn how to properly edit, I'm going to see if I can get with some of the stunters in Vegas and have some fun seeing what kind of shots I can get.

I live in North Las Vegas and I'm down to meet up as well.. My fly more bundle is scheduled to make it
to me by the end of next month but I still have my p3p (ill sell it when the Mavic arrives). You can always reach me on Instagram at 1man1drone_ .. Always good to colab with fellow enthusiasts!!
I'm not even sure when mine is scheduled to ship at this point. I'd be pretty happy to have it before Christmas though!

We are in Vegas. Pretty heavily booked now through the holidays but happy to see more local flyers

Reactions: FPVJunkie
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929