DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ANyone having successes in creating Apps with the SDK ?

Rockowe

Reactions
For some time now Iv Wanted to Build an App with Virtual Joysticks - that Will control my drone Like the DJI Go4 does - But with Just video and Joysticks for now -
I Know the SDK allows for the creation of VJ - to Manually operate the Flight Controller through the RC to the drone - Just like the Simulator
You May ask WHY Virtual Joysticks - if the Joysticks are Right There above the Phone.

The Answer is to be able to Mirror (and control) the New App on the Phone
(with VJs) from my PC
- so that I may control the drone reliably from my HUGE Screen PC - for a Real Immersive Experience without having to use the Headset.

In that way - I could figure out a different PC Joystick or keyboard Keys to Fly the Drone -

The implications of this could by really stunning - Like using Internet LTE or a 5g network (if video is fast enough) - but iv done testing of that - and for now the video will perform well enough -

Scenario 1: I could control the drone from My PC indoors with a Wifi or LTE Link to my RC (and Phone) - which coluld be hoisted up to a High Point - or driven Up to a Mountain by a friend
...that way I would get Excellent Radio reception from Home

Scenario 2: I could Airlift My RC+smallphone+small LTE hotspot router - From ANOTHER DRONE - High enough - and do the same control from My Office Chair

Scenario3: would be to modify the MAVIC to take instructions via an app directly connected to Portable LTE router - and not the RC (Somewhat like the WIFI facility that Mavic Pro 1 had for Close Range)

SO those are some ideas-
So Back to the Question -

Is there anyone on this forum DABELLING with the DJI SDK … and Having some successes ? (apart from the 10-20 that are rediscovering the wheel with new waypoint Programs)

… or maybe someone knows some serious SDK Programmers - or a site that they would have a forum on …. to discuss this.

What are your thoughts?

For some time now Iv Wanted to Build an App with Virtual Joysticks - that Will control my drone Like the DJI Go4 does - But with Just video and Joysticks for now -
I Know the SDK allows for the creation of VJ - to Manually operate the Flight Controller through the RC to the drone - Just like the Simulator
You May ask WHY Virtual Joysticks - if the Joysticks are Right There above the Phone.

The Answer is to be able to Mirror (and control) the New App on the Phone
(with VJs) from my PC
- so that I may control the drone reliably from my HUGE Screen PC - for a Real Immersive Experience without having to use the Headset.

In that way - I could figure out a different PC Joystick or keyboard Keys to Fly the Drone -

The implications of this could by really stunning - Like using Internet LTE or a 5g network (if video is fast enough) - but iv done testing of that - and for now the video will perform well enough -

Scenario 1: I could control the drone from My PC indoors with a Wifi or LTE Link to my RC (and Phone) - which coluld be hoisted up to a High Point - or driven Up to a Mountain by a friend
...that way I would get Excellent Radio reception from Home

Scenario 2: I could Airlift My RC+smallphone+small LTE hotspot router - From ANOTHER DRONE - High enough - and do the same control from My Office Chair

Scenario3: would be to modify the MAVIC to take instructions via an app directly connected to Portable LTE router - and not the RC (Somewhat like the WIFI facility that Mavic Pro 1 had for Close Range)

SO those are some ideas-
So Back to the Question -

Is there anyone on this forum DABELLING with the DJI SDK … and Having some successes ? (apart from the 10-20 that are rediscovering the wheel with new waypoint Programs)

… or maybe someone knows some serious SDK Programmers - or a site that they would have a forum on …. to discuss this.

What are your thoughts?
That’s exactly how the FT Aviator joystick functions. It’s just an overlay on top of the DJI tx.
I don’t think they have a forum yet, but if you shoot a query to support you might get some feedback.

Jake

I've done some simple apps.
Start with the demo app and modify that.
I think stackoverflow is the only place to discuss with other programmers.
I have only used androidstudio not iOS.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada