DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone in Arizona

I have pushed the meet at 3:30 pm on Saturday 15th. A family matter came up.
Location to follow.

What area are you thinking about? I'm interested in joining the group if the drive isn't too bad.

Reactions: deanbuxton
we have a couple of places in mind for the meet on Saturday at 3:30 pm, one in Chandler, the other one in Cave Creek
Please indicate your preference.
The two files are Google Earth files

Attachments

• Saturday meet places.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 8
Ok, we decided on the Chandler/Gilbert place called Dreamy Park at 3:30 pm Saturday

Attachments

• Dreamy Park.kmz.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 6
I'm going to pass on this fly-in, have you considered Saguaro Lake for a future destination? I'm not sure what the rules are but they can't be worried about the noise with Jet Skis running around and the views would be great. I'll keep watching your post and hopefully make a future get together.

I'll have to pass also since my New York Mets are playing at 4 pm, I don't miss many Mets games. Hopefully I can make a future meetup.

I've never heard the erm OHV. It does look pretty interesting

I'm always flying around on the other side of town looking for something interesting to view.

Screen%20Shot%202017-04-20%20at%2011.53.48%20PM_zpsn2ljbkyk.png
I'm seeing this more and more, people flying in restricted airspace. This isn't meant to be the drone police but if people keep flying in restricted airspace, there's a chance that they could just ground all of us.

Reactions: rfarmedilla
I'm going to pass on this fly-in, have you considered Saguaro Lake for a future destination? I'm not sure what the rules are but they can't be worried about the noise with Jet Skis running around and the views would be great. I'll keep watching your post and hopefully make a future get together.

I went to Bartlett Lake last weekend but it was pretty windy.

Reactions: HollWaz
I'm seeing this more and more, people flying in restricted airspace. This isn't meant to be the drone police but if people keep flying in restricted airspace, there's a chance that they could just ground all of us.

Part of it is that the police don't know the rules. When I stopped to ask a policeman about flying in a possibly restricted area, he said they hadn't had any training on drones yet so there was no current enforcement, and to avoid any other aircraft.

Part of it is that the police don't know the rules. When I stopped to ask a policeman about flying in a possibly restricted area, he said they hadn't had any training on drones yet so there was no current enforcement, and to avoid any other aircraft.

It's not up to police to tell you if you can and can't fly in an area. As a pilot, you should know where you can and can't fly. There are many free sites that show were restricted airspace is. www.skyvector.com is a good resource and will show you how far out airspace extends from the airport. This only applies if you have passed your Part 107 FAA test. If you are a hobbyist, you can't fly within 5 miles of an airport.

Reactions: pilotattitude
Not even if you call the tower? What if the airport has no tower? Hobbyists still can't fly within 5 miles?

I went to Bartlett Lake last weekend but it was pretty windy.
I've had some windy days at Saguaro as well but most of them have been flyable. The worst was flying near a cliff face when it was windy, the cliff caused lots of turbulence so I bailed on that shot and pulled it away from the face. I'll have to try that shot again on a more calm day.

The goal for me today was to end the day with a drone.. everything else was a bonus ;)

Were you controlling the drone in those shots, or were you using follow me mode?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost