DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone in Nova Scotia

I'm here. Up in Cape Breton.
New pilot.. yet to take my first flight.
Been reading and watching tutorials.
And tried the exam but failed....
Such incredibly stupid and nonsense questions on there.
Have google open in another tab, you have 90 mins so you should be able to get 65% using google..

Have google open in another tab, you have 90 mins so you should be able to get 65% using google..

I did.
Some of the questions were so out in left field it was ridiculous.
I assumed it would be about basic drone operations. Height, safety and so on..
Not questions like who assigns you a call sign and and notoms and other stuff that I couldnt find on Google anywhere.

Hi Fellow Nova Scotians,
I live in Bedford, and, I got a Mavic Air last November.

Trying to fly it around Bedford when I can.
But, it is too cold and my fingers freeze.

Anyone in Bedford with a Mavic or similar?

Regards.

Hey, I'm in Lake Echo. Have a mavic and others. Not really flying too much right now due to the weather. Mostly fly over water though when the weather is fit. Have fun with your new Air.

Hi John,
Great to hear from you. I have been flying around my house away from people whenever I can.

Due to the cold, not many people are outside in the school football fields, playgrounds, lakes etc.
So, I am able to fly in these places, and, taking advantage of it.

Regards.

Reactions: John MacAulay
I just passed my Exam today, the best I can tell you is to study. If that requires utilizing one of the online companies, it would be good to do it. There are questions on the exam that you wont find with out proper training.

Flying over from Germany back to Kentville in July but there's nothing about visitors bringing their drones for a visit, not that i can find anyway.

Hey,

Thought I would start a Nova Scotia thread. I'm in HRM but spend some time in Pictou County. Curious how many more Mavic owners are out there from these areas. Maybe we can organize a meet up sometime.

Hello from Halifax as well!

The harbour is almost completely NFZ. The Bedford side and a small area around Shannon Park are ok. Down the shore from Shearwater is NFZ to Musquodoboit Harbour except for a small area near Lawrencetown Beach. The entire peninsula is NFZ also due to the Dock Yard and 3 heliports.

Careful. Some apps look at Shearwater as a heliport and give it 3nm but it is an airport and the 5nm rule applies.

Anything I missed?

Lots of Free Airspace in HRM

Another Halifax Drone Guy here too. I fly from Seaview Park (and it is legal). I am looking for other interesting areas around the HRM to fly. We should all have a meet up sometime!

Hi Fellow Nova Scotians,
I live in Bedford, and, I got a Mavic Air last November.

Trying to fly it around Bedford when I can.
But, it is too cold and my fingers freeze.

Anyone in Bedford with a Mavic or similar?

Regards.

I am nearby and have a Mavic Air. I am looking for neat places to fly in the area. I fly from time to time at Seaview

Hey,

Thought I would start a Nova Scotia thread. I'm in HRM but spend some time in Pictou County. Curious how many more Mavic owners are out there from these areas. Maybe we can organize a meet up sometime.
From Windsor area just getting into drones. Just received the Mavic Mini. did a short test flight now I'm hooked!! Will pmost likely upgrade to Mavic 2 in a few months.
Scott

Hey,

Hi I'm in Amherst nova scotia and would like to start a petition to change the fact that we as drone pilots have to rewrite the basic exam every two years I don't mind paying a small fee to renew my pilot certificate but I don't thin it is fair for us to have to rewrite the exam every two years. So if your interested in a petition to change this rule please let me know I will do my part and more .

Reactions: Kbviper
Hi I'm in Amherst nova scotia and would like to start a petition to change the fact that we as drone pilots have to rewrite the basic exam every two years I don't mind paying a small fee to renew my pilot certificate but I don't thin it is fair for us to have to rewrite the exam every two years. So if your interested in a petition to change this rule please let me know I will do my part and more .

Hey dronefreak, welcome. I am in Charlottetown, PE, originally from Glace Bay, NS. I enjoy flying near the windmills when I am traveling through the Amherst area, a lot of great areas to fly near there. I think we are the same age. I will see if I can find a couple of windmill pictures to post. Perhaps we should start a NS picture page.DJI_0250.JPGDJI_0264.JPGDJI_0092A.JPG

Reactions: dronefreak2020
You have some nice footage looks like you done a flight over the marsh that is a nice place to get drone footage . I have some pics of the beach and the village of Northport where I live . I will post them for you tomorrow I'm new to this sight just trying to learn how to use it lol. What make of drone are you flying ?

You have some nice footage looks like you done a flight over the marsh that is a nice place to get drone footage . I have some pics of the beach and the village of Northport where I live . I will post them for you tomorrow I'm new to this sight just trying to learn how to use it lol. What make of drone are you flying ?

I have been flying DJI stuff for over 3 years. I own a couple of Phantom 4, a Mavic Pro, and a Mavic Mini. Through work I have the use of a Mavic Enterprise Dual and a Mavic Enterprise Zoom. Fly them all a lot. I have been impressed by the cost and simplicity of the Mavic Mini and the quality of the photos and video, particularly at the price point. I will always have a soft spot for the Phantom 4.

The Mavic Enterprises are great drones as well and I am impressed by the durability and reliability of all of them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54