DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone in Nova Scotia

Hi, Just ordered mine, I'm in the Truro area.

Side note, my wife is in the IWK and we are located directly under the helipad. I spend the night there on weekends, her window is facing robie/south towards SMU. I was watching as this dude fly a drone in the field behind the Gorsbrook Elementary for almost an hour straight, I was waiting to see cops come and talk to him but no one bothered with him. Lucky, I guess.
Welcome Im in Bridgewater. Unfortunately there are people breaking the law hence why the laws are getting stricter. I saw someone last year flying near Shearwater even when helicopters were flying in and out.

Reactions: mryeje
Has anyone tried whale watching on a Mavic? if so know any location thats friendly for drones?

Welcome Im in Bridgewater. Unfortunately there are people breaking the law hence why the laws are getting stricter. I saw someone last year flying near Shearwater even when helicopters were flying in and out.
Common sense isn't common, unfortunately :(

Here's a shot that I took at Fancy Lake a few years ago with my Phantom 2 Vision!
The problem with the Phantom 2 Vision! was you never got a true horizon. That was going to be my first drone but my wife said I was wasting money, I'm glad I really waited and bought the P3 Advanced which I still have. Now the wife has changed her tune and wants a Spark.

Reactions: Sloth469
Hi, Just ordered mine, I'm in the Truro area.

Side note, my wife is in the IWK and we are located directly under the helipad. I spend the night there on weekends, her window is facing robie/south towards SMU. I was watching as this dude fly a drone in the field behind the Gorsbrook Elementary for almost an hour straight, I was waiting to see cops come and talk to him but no one bothered with him. Lucky, I guess.
Yes, very lucky... I will say that the only rule that is hard and fast for me is 9kms from airports and helipads, the rest I just play by ear...

Reactions: mryeje
Gonna be up at Lake Murphy near New Minas if anyone wants to show me some good drone spots,arrive on the 17th july and stay for 2 weeks. visitng the inlaws. will be my first droning outside of Europe.

thx. see you're in Halifax,guess you don't get much droning done there what with the Nfz covering the whole city,shame some nice views there.
I plan on go to 8 or so waterfalls/ pools. starting with Hellgate Falls (Three Pools),will do some coast stuff as well.

thx. see you're in Halifax,guess you don't get much droning done there what with the Nfz covering the whole city,shame some nice views there.
I plan on go to 8 or so waterfalls/ pools. starting with Hellgate Falls (Three Pools),will do some coast stuff as well.
Yea, Shearwater airport and the Lifeflight pad down by Point Pleasant park covers a fair bit, but the Helipads at the hospitals are not in use right now so I suppose I could go downtown except for the 30m rule from buildings/people and the hassle of dealing with uninformed/misinformed puble. :rolleyes:

I used to swim at Three Pools lots when I was a teenager. That will be a cool place to fly!

Only ended up going to 3 pools,family really didn't want to do much unless it was a no drone day :( . they got tired of the driving / unpacking /flying/re packing. still managed to get 100 gigs of random nova scotia footage though.
Three pools? what a walk that was,especially not knowing where to go,was good though,bit tight on takeoff space bit i managed.
Wish i was still there but sadly holidays are over :(
My 3 pools vid,long time filming certain people but they wanted the footage too.

I'm originally from Glace Bay, NS, but now living near Charlottetown, PEI. I have a Mavic and a P4 and am back and forth to Glace Bay quite a bit as my father is still there. Flew off one of the lookoffs on the road up Kelly's Mountain coming back to PEI in August. Not many drone owners over here. Have not had a chance to fly with anyone else, other than my wife, who flies her own P4.Seal Island Bridge.JPG

I'm originally from Glace Bay, NS, but now living near Charlottetown, PEI. I have a Mavic and a P4 and am back and forth to Glace Bay quite a bit as my father is still there. Flew off one of the lookoffs on the road up Kelly's Mountain coming back to PEI in August. Not many drone owners over here. Have not had a chance to fly with anyone else, other than my wife, who flies her own P4.View attachment 21838
Just saw this now! Great shot. Never been to Glace bay myself, got a few friends from there.

Reactions: Kbviper
cool whereabouts? i'm back over next July/august time if you're free to show me some "hidden gems"
Sorry for the late reply but ya sure no prob..Im in the Middleton area...lots of mountains lakes and ocean views

Sorry for the late reply but ya sure no prob..Im in the Middleton area...lots of mountains lakes and ocean views

Gadget i will definitely come down and see you, you're about 1.5 hours away by the looks of it . Only problem might be the new drone rules that come into effect in June, they currently have no info for tourists...sigh.

I'm here. Up in Cape Breton.
New pilot.. yet to take my first flight.
Been reading and watching tutorials.
And tried the exam but failed....
Such incredibly stupid and nonsense questions on there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi