DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone know how to read this Airdata?

MMFlyer

Reactions
My first flight went okay today, I lost video signal it came back fine landed fine. It was minus 1 degrees Celsius today. My second third and fourth flight I had max power reached errors all over the place with very very little wind. This is the air data link if someone can help me out and tell me what's going on

Reactions: Drone Master
Flying in a bit of cold air are ya! Yeah, that be a bit chilly for flying. Many here will tell you about flying near 1 Celsius temperatures.;)

Reactions: Thomas B
My first flight went okay today, I lost video signal it came back fine landed fine. It was minus 1 degrees Celsius today. My second third and fourth flight I had max power reached errors all over the place with very very little wind. This is the air data link if someone can help me out and tell me what's going on

The battery temp were not the problem here at all ...

1585126510689.png

This was again the Mini's famous "Uncommanded descent" phenomenon...

All these "max power reached errors" are typical when the FC see that the AC can't sustain proper thrust & lift with one or more motors at max RPM ... all this is pretty easy to see in the log & shown in the graph below. Where the markers are in the graph you fell 8 meters without any throttle input ... you only applied elevator. The flight show a lot of this, you were lucky you got your Mini back in one piece.

It's possible to prove this beyond doubt ... but for that the mobile device DAT log is needed ... Read up here under point 3 how to retrieve --> Flight log retrieval and analysis guide ... the correct DAT log ends with FLY054.DAT

You can take this up with DJI ... but from what we have seen so far they just recommend calibrations if the AC isn't lost, but if it is they have replaced it even if it's been not retrievable. Prop change have also proven to be useful to remedy this phenomenon ... for a while at least.

1585126174834.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Capt KO
No mystery.
Just another uncommanded descent incident.
A few get reported each day and still DJI haven't done a thing about it.

A few get reported each day and still DJI haven't done a thing about it.

Yep, I've personally lost all faith in DJI and new releases.
Thankful I have a very reliable M1P and Spark.

And thats just on this page...

This forum is probably leading the way in exposing this issue.
Though I haven't been around the DJI forum much this past 6 months, there MUST be a lot of this being reported there, surely ?

...haven't been around the DJI forum much this past 6 months, there MUST be a lot of this being reported there, surely ?

It is ... but not to the same extent & when it is the threads quickly gets cluttered with speculations and few care to dig into the logs & explain in a educational way what they show.

The DJI Forum is utter crap!! There is no need to even visit there any more?!
I go there occasionally just to bone up on my Chinglish.
?

I'm sorry MMFlyer, I have to disagree. Your first flight did not go Okay. You failed to read the instructions for the aircraft you were operating. DJI does not use the normal wording that aircraft use. The operating word here is LIMITATIONS. All Aircraft have Limitations that should be thoroughly understood and adhered to by the operator. As mentioned previously, getting very close to some Limitations is a risky business, especially for a new operator. Fly safe and enjoy your Drone.

I'm sorry MMFlyer, I have to disagree. Your first flight did not go Okay. You failed to read the instructions for the aircraft you were operating. DJI does not use the normal wording that aircraft use. The operating word here is LIMITATIONS. All Aircraft have Limitations that should be thoroughly understood and adhered to by the operator. As mentioned previously, getting very close to some Limitations is a risky business, especially for a new operator. Fly safe and enjoy your Drone.
Can you clarify a bit about what limitations you mean that the OP didn't follow that caused this, for Mini's nowadays so familiar "uncommanded descent" ?

If you mean temperature, that's wrong ... that had nothing to do with this event & the outcome.

I have experienced so many times uncommanded descent while on a plane that I believe it may happen with a 249 g drone as well, can't it? The weather is so erratic. I mean the real weather data is the only piece missing in the puzzle.

I have experienced so many times uncommanded descent while on a plane that I believe it may happen with a 249 g drone as well, can't it? The weather is so erratic. I mean the real weather data is the only piece missing in the puzzle.

This issue has nothing to do with the weather. The problem with the Mini is that it has a tendency to lose thrust from the rear motors. It has been shown quite definitively to be associated with the props, but whether or not the flight control firmware is also contributing to the problem is not clear.

Just to share the "missing piece in the puzzle" so we can end the speculation ... the weather hadn't anything to do with this.

The forecast during the flight:

1585162473066.png

And the winds during the flight:

1585162534045.png

have experienced so many times uncommanded descent while on a plane that I believe it may happen with a 249 g drone as well, can't it?
Pretzel Logic

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569