DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

anyone shoot/edit 4K 60fps successfully?

It looks like LumaFusion is now offered for Windows now.
I just briefly looked at this, does it do more than 1 track?
Hi Randy. I’m just hearing from you now the LumaFusion is available for Windows, and since I have no knowledge of that version, I can’t say for sure if it supports multiple tracks, but I can say that I think it would. The iOS version does, both video and audio, and I would doubt they would offer other versions that do not.

Hi Randy. I’m just hearing from you now the LumaFusion is available for Windows, and since I have no knowledge of that version, I can’t say for sure if it supports multiple tracks, but I can say that I think it would. The iOS version does, both video and audio, and I would doubt they would offer other versions that do not.
Thank you, I will be trying it out if I find it is Vegas's fault but it's looking more and more like a coding problem judging by what I've read in Vegas forums...thanks again!

Reactions: Brockrock
H265 is often problematic, mostly due to hw restrictions. It is very compute intensive. PCs handle the problem differently depending on their design. The best solution are those that have built-in h265 decoders. Some high end graphics cards do as well. Even new run of the mill PCs do not have this and play and encode h265 erratically, or not at all.

The best near term solution is to use h264 where you can. Otherwise, get a PC that has hardware decoding. Be aware that there are some standards and licensing issues with h265 that make this even messier.

Reactions: G Randy Brown
Works just fine on iMac with i7 processor and Radeon 580 with plenty of memory.

Windows stuff - I am using 4K 60 fps H265 commonly and for postprocessing using DaVinci Resolve and AE. Working with AE hurts because of its prehistoric CPU concept engine and everything takes ages, but for some features it is still usable. Working with DaVinci with full GPU usage is realtime or very quick for post and delivering outputs. Adobe should quickly wake up and rework their product otherwise ends in past.
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Nvidia RTX 2080

Last edited:
Windows stuff - I am using 4K 60 fps H265 commonly and for postprocessing using DaVinci Resolve and AE. Working with AE hurts because of its prehistoric CPU concept engine and everything takes ages, but for some features it is still usable. Working with DaVinci with full GPU usage is realtime or very quick for post and delivering outputs. Adobe should quickly wake up and rework their product otherwise ends in past.
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Nvidia RTX 2080
Do you use an external monitor with DaVinci...if so which card are you using? I messed with DaVinci a while back but I could see there was going to be a big learning curve for this old dog and the fact one needs a BlackMagic card to us an external mon with it I forgot about it.
It seemed to do very well with 4K but I wonder if it would play smoothly on an external mon with this.

Do you use an external monitor with DaVinci...if so which card are you using? I messed with DaVinci a while back but I could see there was going to be a big learning curve for this old dog and the fact one needs a BlackMagic card to us an external mon with it I forgot about it.
It seemed to do very well with 4K but I wonder if it would play smoothly on an external mon with this.
Yes, DaVinci is little bit different than other soft, but after some YT education it is possible to work with is well and get to used it. The speed and response of it during work with the video stuff is so big advantage that it beats an uncomfort of not knowledge that at the begining.
Yes, I running that on two monitors smoothly with no problem.
It is free so just try it if it fits to your needs and hardware.

Attachments

• DaVinci_dual_monitor_snap.png
    DaVinci_dual_monitor_snap.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 12
Yes, DaVinci is little bit different than other soft, but after some YT education it is possible to work with is well and get to used it. The speed and response of it during work with the video stuff is so big advantage that it beats an uncomfort of not knowledge that at the begining.
Yes, I running that on two monitors smoothly with no problem.
It is free so just try it if it fits to your needs and hardware.
very interesting...I did try it a few weeks ago and was impressed with playback results but it didn't recognize my 50" TV I use for an external monitor...what GPU do you use and did it just pop up as an option?

very interesting...I did try it a few weeks ago and was impressed with playback results but it didn't recognize my 50" TV I use for an external monitor...what GPU do you use and did it just pop up as an option?
GPU - I am using Nvidia RTX 2080 and two monitors - NEC 30inch and FUJITSU 24 inch with the following setting in DaVinci.

Attachments

• DaVinci_dual_monitor_snap2.png
    DaVinci_dual_monitor_snap2.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 16
GPU - I am using Nvidia RTX 2080 and two monitors - NEC 30inch and FUJITSU 24 inch with the following setting in DaVinci.
Thanks very much for your input... mine doesn't show video clean feed...I see this... Screenshot 2020-11-29 111150.jpg

Reactions: RonW
Reactions: G Randy Brown
Your link goes to Filmora, which is not the same as LumaFusion. I have LumaFusion and it’s an awesome video editing platform but is only available (to my knowledge) on mobile, ie smartphone and tablet.
Oh, I think I just googled LumaFusion for Windows 10 and got that...good eye.
At this time I'm trying to switch over to Resolve...I wouldn't be able to go from a 50" TV to a phone...I can barely see well enough to make a phone call ?

Reactions: closetmonster
I'm running Vegas 17 and editing 4k60 ok without too much trouble. I do have to drop the resolution back in the preview window for smooth playback.
Running a Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming Laptop
Ryzen 7 4800H, 16GB ram and NVIDIA GTX 1660Ti 6GB

I'm running Vegas 17 and editing 4k60 ok without too much trouble. I do have to drop the resolution back in the preview window for smooth playback.
Running a Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming Laptop
Ryzen 7 4800H, 16GB ram and NVIDIA GTX 1660Ti 6GB
That surprises me, Vegas Pro 17 was giving me and others all kinds of issues (even in 1080) and I couldn't get support amywhere...glad it works for you tho

I'm using Vegas Pro 18 and even with a newly built relatively fast PC it just crashes every few minutes.
It works fine with 4K/30fps but just wondering if anone has no issues editing 60fps and if so what do you use for post?
Thanks,
Randy
The newer iPhones and iPads edit 4K60 just fine through the iMovie app! :D I know it's not considered "professional" level, but it works for most situations.

I've heard they do well but I use two 50" displays because I need to do color grading and sometimes multiple tracks.

I finally got something done after running the troublesome clips thru handbrake (my son, son-in-law and maybe even my grandaughter are better pilots than I am)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002