DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone still on their original battery?

Tons of info on swelling batteries. I want to do a poll on who is still on their original battery.

How long have you had it? (Weeks/Months)

Any visible swelling?

How long does it last now?
I have the original battery for about 6 months and there is no signs of swelling. Although I rotate my batteries.

I've had the one of the first Mavic Pro’s and all 5 of my original batteries are working perfectly. Zero swelling, and no noticeable difference in flight time.

M2Z + flymore. Purchase date 3-1-19.
3 batteries, 834 flights, 248 hours.
278 full charges per battery.
Flight time (with lowest setting RTH low battery on every flight) was 24 minutes new. Current flight time is 18-19 minutes. Discharge rate on RTH much faster than when new. Currently lands at exactly 15%.
All 3 batteries started swelling at about flight 700 (233 charges per battery).
Just out of curiosity, what are the three battery "Production Dates", as displayed in GO 4, under Battery Details?

I have 3 Original Mavic Pro batteries. The Manufactured date is in Chinese but the In service date is 2015. I bought the drone new from DJI in April 2017 no swelling no problems. Still get the same 21-24 min depending

I've had the Mavic 2 Pro for almost a year and all 3 of my original batteries are working perfectly. Zero swelling, and no noticeable difference in flight time.
Same here. I have at least 50 flights on all 3 batteries. No swelling, but I have noticed that my batteries are starting to discharge after only about 4 days. The manual says 10 days.

Same here. I have at least 50 flights on all 3 batteries. No swelling, but I have noticed that my batteries are starting to discharge after only about 4 days. The manual says 10 days.
I believe it a 5 day discharge cycle, I just bought mine yesterday and read the manual but I could be thinking of something else like everything else I think I know:rolleyes:

I have noticed that my batteries are starting to discharge after only about 4 days. The manual says 10 days.
when you connect to the AC you can go into the settings and set it for 1 to 10 days, it comes default at 5 days

Tons of info on swelling batteries. I want to do a poll on who is still on their original battery.

How long have you had it? (Weeks/Months)

Any visible swelling?

How long does it last now?
13 months
No visible swelling
Not noticeably different than when acquired

Please see Post #29 above before adding your Mavic 2 batteries to this Mavic 2 thread.

The only two relevant facts are:

1. The Mavic 2 battery "Production Date" as displayed in GO 4 under Battery Details
2. Swelling or not.

If you have swelling, number of charge cycles and climate are also of interest.

NOTE: The suspected swelling Mavic 2 Production Dates are 2018.07 and 2018.08, as displayed in GO 4, under the battery details. Production Dates after that are not known to swell, so noticeable Mavic 2 battery swelling on any Mavic 2 battery Production Dates after 2018.08 are of great interest.

Reactions: SturdyFlamingo
Hi, do you charge them at the end of the flying day or do you charge them and store them fully charged?

I charge them to storage level after they have cooled down after flying. I don't charge them to full until immediately before I fly - that is best practice.

I believe it a 5 day discharge cycle, I just bought mine yesterday and read the manual but I could be thinking of something else like everything else I think I know:rolleyes:
It was changed in last firmware and Go update from static 10 to default but changeable 5 days.

If you've purchased litchi, it will tell you remaining battery capacity in mAh when you tap the little battery icon. This will help remove all the guess work in remaining capacity after X amount of charge cycles.

If you've purchased litchi, it will tell you remaining battery capacity in mAh when you tap the little battery icon. This will help remove all the guess work in remaining capacity after X amount of charge cycles.
Thanks! Great tip! Not sure why DJI disabled that display on the M2 battery info. On the P4P batteries, it was very useful. They are rated at 5870 mAH but would start out new at 6150 mAH, and after 30 flights would degrade to 5550 mAH. Time for a new battery, to keep flight times up to 25 minutes!

I have had my Mavic Pro since April 2017, with 2 batteries and both are still working well after 2.5 years. I routinely swap batteries when the charge has dropped below 25% and do mainly photography with some video work. It gets hot here in Australia during the summer and won't fly when the temperature nudges 100ºF. I have a couple of time measured the battery temperature with my thermal camera, and the underside of the battery, and drone internals, have been almost 150ºF (65ºC) in that situation. DJI quote that 40ºC (104ºF) is the maximum recommended temperature for the drone but am not sure if that refers to ambient temperature or drone temperature. On a modest 30ºC day the drone battery is well over 40ºC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54