DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone still on their original battery?

Anyone ever had a new Mavic 2 battery report an Initial Capacity in Airdata of greater than 3750 mAh after the initial charge and first flight? The Mavic 2 battery is rated by DJI at 3850 mAh, but fresh out of the box, after an initial charge, all my 12 Mavic 2 batteries (Production Dates of 2018.10 to 2019.11) all showed 3706-3726 mAh and quickly declined over the first 3 flights to 3560 mAh. It appears that DJI has overstated the mAh capacity of the Mavic 2 batteries by almost 10%!
Maybe thats just what we can see in airdata....i know that people have flown quite far on 1% and 0% battery likely airdata is just reporting that number but in reality we have a little more mah...at least I hope this is the case.....if not that's pretty crappy by DJI

Maybe thats just what we can see in airdata....i know that people have flown quite far on 1% and 0% battery likely airdata is just reporting that number but in reality we have a little more mah...at least I hope this is the case.....if not that's pretty crappy by DJI
Supposedly, Litchi reports the same identical low value as Airdata, and both claim it is directly from the DJI log file.

What is really crappy is that DJI also simultaneously removed the mAh of the Mavic 2 batteries from the GO 4 battery details, that have been present for all other aircraft, like the P4P batteries, which start out at 6130 mAh in order to settle in at their rated 5870 mAh within 5 flights. By comparison, in order to be rated at 3850 mAh, the Mavic 2 batteries must start out at 4,000 mAh to settle in at 3850 mAh. However, they start out 150 mAh lower (3700), and end up another 150 mAh lower (3550), losing 300 mAh! That's 10%!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spencergotty