DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone successfully blocked GPS?

If you're referring to DJI Flysafe,
Red zones are DJI categorized restricted which needs custom unlock through the Flysafe website. These could be for military, jails, runways of high traffic airports, immediate surrounding area around a major airport.

Blue zones are DJI categorized authorization zones which can be unlocked in the field if you have internet and text there, otherwise get a self-unlock from Flysafe site. These would be similar to red zones but not as risky.

You can easily see the flysafe map from staring page of Fly app, upper left of screen. You might need to enable showing zones.

In OPs defense, the geofencing is not always accurate. I've been in areas that were clearly an NFZ and expected to have to LAANC and the drone powered up and let me fly. I call the tower in these situations to remain compliant. I've also been in areas that are outside an NFZ, and drone would not take off.

Bottom line is that its up to the pilot to determine if flying in an NFZ or not.

As we know the source of truth are sectionals, not the dji or other apps definition.

Having said all that, if someone is trying to circumvent the system without knowing what they're doing, then coming on a public forum looking for help to circumvent the system, is not really the wisest move, which indicates OP shouldn't really be flying a drone to begin with.

Often GPS is still picked up in buildings and parking garages. It is legal to fly in those no matter where as far as FAA is concerned.
Illegal to fly in a parking garage or a building?
References please.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kquach229