DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone tried Air 2s firmware 02.04.2500c from dank downloader?

AnDronioBanderos

Reactions
Hi folks

I was just checking out my firmware and I'm running 02.04.2500

But noticed on dank that they rust a firmware 02.04.2500c and the comment........ Removed the 0801 module from the original DJI Firmware?

Has anyone flashed this?

Is it just something to do with anti roll back?

Shamefully I have only 21 minutes flight time on my air 2s fmc and I bought it a few years ago so with trade in values so low, Im going to keep it although I fly my mini 3 pro more.

I was quoted 475 euro for air 2s with controller and full fmc and 21 mins flight time in mint condition and just can't justify getting rid of it so I am going to make more time to use it and just keep it until end of life.

Firmware question is purely curiousity so I appreciate anyone who has tried the dank downloader version.

Thanks

hi, i am interested too into this. i did not found any informations about this. as i have the 02.04.2040 firmware with ARB "3" instead of "1" its seems to force me to upgrade the firmware. no hard reset possible of my actual one.
if somebody knows whats up with the 02.04.2500C from DANKDOWNLOADER please let us know. thanks

Hi folks

I was just checking out my firmware and I'm running 02.04.2500

But noticed on dank that they rust a firmware 02.04.2500c and the comment........ Removed the 0801 module from the original DJI Firmware?

Has anyone flashed this?

Is it just something to do with anti roll back?

Shamefully I have only 21 minutes flight time on my air 2s fmc and I bought it a few years ago so with trade in values so low, Im going to keep it although I fly my mini 3 pro more.

I was quoted 475 euro for air 2s with controller and full fmc and 21 mins flight time in mint condition and just can't justify getting rid of it so I am going to make more time to use it and just keep it until end of life.

Firmware question is purely curiousity so I appreciate anyone who has tried the dank downloader version.

Thanks
i found this infos about 02.04.2500c

but i am wondering how to flash it, as the "C" Version is only 0,5 MB size. If you flash the regular 02.04.2500 without "C" you will erase v2040. so how to proceed from 2040 to go for 2500c?

What is module mixing?

It is a old technique by the OGs from Mattermost, back from the days when the Mavic Pro (1st gen) was newest device. Basically it means that we create our own firmware package by removing some of the modules inside the package, in the end the drone will be in a module-mixed firmware state.

Let's take the Air2s as an example, our hacks work on firmware 02.04.2040, now you can flash a 02.04.2500 firmware on top of it that will not have the "system/0801" module included. The result is that the drone will have the firmware 2500 installed, but not fully. It is a mixed firmware on your drone, the drone now has the system/0801 from the 02.04.2040 firmware (which can handle our hacks ;) ) and the rest of the drone is updated to 02.04.2500.

What are the downsides?

Well the downside certainly is that you will not have all 2500 firmware features available! For example it is crucial that you enable our "RC (Pro)" hack on the module-mixed firmware, if you don't use this hack you will not be able to use the DJI RC / DJI RC Pro. Also DJI Care binding will still not work! You need to disable the binding on an "proper" 2500 firmware. Other features might be missing too, but we will keep an eye on it and offer patches whenever possible.

Upside of this module mix?

DJI Fly and Assistant thinks that you are on the full 2500 firmware, this means that they will not nag you to update, also you can benefit of battery and esc updates, as these modules will be updated during the process & you can do all this whilst still enjoying the hacks that we can provide for the earlier firmware versions.

Reactions: AnDronioBanderos
Just to inform you.. did the try on my own risk to go forward from 02.04.2040 with DHack to 02.04.2500c ... all good, DHack still working and FW on 2500. Great! THANKS TO DH

• Love
Just to inform you.. did the try on my own risk to go forward from 02.04.2040 with DHack to 02.04.2500c ... all good, DHack still working and FW on 2500. Great! THANKS TO DH
Thanks so much for taking the time to test and report back on this. I haven't tried DH on any drone and didn't really know what the C version would do.
Really appreciate you taking the time to do this. Thank you MRXFLY :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to test and report back on this. I haven't tried DH on any drone and didn't really know what the C version would do.
Really appreciate you taking the time to do this. Thank you MRXFLY :)
yes.. i did it on my risk and hoped it will not destroy everything. it seemed to me totaly unrealistic with just 0,5mb but the C Version was the right one. Still working :)

Attachments

• IMG_20230904_092847.jpg
    IMG_20230904_092847.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 10
i have to answer you here, got your pn but my answer was regogniced as spam. i did it with the DH software. I went dirctly from 2040 to 2500C Version (0,5mb) Dont know if the DJI Flasher works

i have to answer you here, got your pn but my answer was regogniced as spam. i did it with the DH software. I went dirctly from 2040 to 2500C Version (0,5mb) Dont know if the DJI Flasher works
Thank you for taking the time to respond, u really appreciate it it.

Just wondering if 2500c helping with your other problem with height?

Hopefully! Post in thread 'Air2S not taking off, Flymode not changeable, Sensors "not able"' Air2S not taking off, Flymode not changeable, Sensors "not able"

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas