DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone try the new Litchi Mission Hub feature: Import DEM ?

marklyn

Reactions
Apparently a new feature. Presumable you can create a DEM file and import into your mission to show elevations.
Very interesting but it doesn't seem to be very easy to find something to create DEM files, or at least for me.
If someone knows of a fairly easy way to create DEM files, I'd appreciate knowing about it.

USA files can be found at https://viewer.nationalmap.gov/basic/. Your home state may also have a GIS website or interface where you can download higher resolution, LIDAR-derived DEMs, or an equivalent that you may have to convert to WGS84 ASCII grid format, which is what the hub accepts. Your state DEMs will probably be in State Plane projection, not WGS84.

I guess I'm lost or not very good at trying to figure out how to create an area for a DEM file download. I've got an area boxed in but I cannot see an obvious way to download that to a DEM file to import into Litchi Hub. will keep looking. The help videos appear to be for a purpose other than what I'm trying to accomplish..

Last edited:
I tried importing an ASCII grid and I was able to do that (I can see the bounding box in the correct projection). It appears to work fine, although I'm not sure of the practicality of this for general use. If I uncheck the "use online elevation" box from the settings menu I'll get a warning if planning a mission (with the "above ground" box checked) and straying outside of my imported ASCII grid.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin