DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone use extended landing gears?

Lots of drone pilots use this type of leg extension.
They do help in a lot of flight situations, especially on grass, or to avoid as much dust & debris flying about the camera / drone systems for take off and landings.

I've owned this type for my M1P almost since ownership (5 years) and have fitted them maybe twice, very early on.
They just get too tiresome to fit / remove, and once you are confident of hand launch / catch, you simply don't need them.

Note, I really think the skids as per @Xvtownboy post are better in design and fitting ease, I'd possibly have used something like those more.
They should be made by someone for the M2P.

Reactions: Made2Phly
IMO they are a must have..I have a couple sets,,One is foldable and the other is non-folding TOMAT Mavic Mini/Mini 2/Mini SE Landing Gear Accessories : Amazon.ca: Toys & Games
Is your folding ones similar to this?

Looks like it extends by 19 mm and 24 mm.

Maybe it doesn't extend enough?

I wonder if the folded ones can stay on when you put it in the shoulder bag that comes with the Fly 'N More kit.

I wonder if the folded ones can stay on when you put it in the shoulder bag that comes with the Fly 'N More kit.
Honestly i prefer the non-folding units.They are much more rigid and a little taller!

I got a set that was included with my remote drop kit (if I even stated that correctly). They're still too new to me to have an opinion on them, but they are a must if you're using a payload drop kit.

I use a sled like landing gear on my M1P becuase the front legs are to weak to handle any kind of pressure the wrong way and break off like twigs ,that and some carbon fiber props and the m1p is like a weed whacker

I got a set that was included with my remote drop kit (if I even stated that correctly). They're still too new to me to have an opinion on them, but they are a must if you're using a payload drop kit.
I have a drop kit for a 2 bought from i forget but it was supposed to be for a M1P box says RCGEEKS i don,t think its all here I,ll mail it to you maybe there is something in the package you can use, give me an address if you want it

Reactions: JustJeff
I use them with my Mavic Air 2 and they work fine. But I use a landing pad most of the time to keep the dust and sand out of my motors.
Totally agree with this view.

I carry the landing pad a lot of the times but sometimes it's windy and then it's also kind of a big flag, the bright color and size, telling people around that you're flying a drone, which may or may not cause some friction in some places.

But sometimes, you only have uneven terrain so you do need the landing gear extensions.

Reactions: twickers14

I use these on both my Mavic 2 Pros, they are well built and they give enough extension in my opinion. I keep them on all the time, I have the drone in a Domke camera shoulder bag. I am not sure the flymore kit bag is large enough.

I have a drop kit for a 2 bought from i forget but it was supposed to be for a M1P box says RCGEEKS i don,t think its all here I,ll mail it to you maybe there is something in the package you can use, give me an address if you want it
That would be great. My address is

Jeff Georgalas
407 Old Beechwood Rd.
Iron River MI 49935.

And thanks a lot!

I carry the landing pad a lot of the times but sometimes it's windy and then it's also kind of a big flag, the bright color and size, telling people around that you're flying a drone, which may or may not cause some friction in some places.

But sometimes, you only have uneven terrain so you do need the landing gear extensions.
Think we’ve got to learn (and feel confident) to hand launch and land. I came close to it yesterday but it was a bit breezy and having gouged a lump of right index finger off my right hand with my Spark a couple of years ago I thought I would leave it and landed on a rather pebbly beach-with no pad.

I use them because I don't want to carry a takeoff/landing pad around when I'm flying for fun and it keeps the props out of the grass. They're great. You can tell the UAV isn't anticipating them when you auto-land on pavement, it looks like it sets down "early". But it isn't any big deal. In fact, there's a very good chance its just something I'm imagining.

Anyway, I highly recommend purchasing them for when you need them. The drone wone fold up with them on, but they're easy to fix to the unit in short time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803