DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone use your MM with a Samsung phone?

I use a Note 8 it works great. I do have some screen burn in but not from the Fly app, it takes a lot of screen hours to suffer burn in...

Thinking of getting a secondhand one just for the mini due to the high brightness mode but have read they suffer from screen burn?

Anyone any experience of this?
I have the Samsung Note 8 and I do have some screen burn, but only where it is solid white. I don't really notice it when flying.

I use an S8+ with no problem. I don't know about the S7 but the S8's 1000 nit screen is a little brighter than an iPhone 11 Pro. The Note has a 1200 nit screen that's among the brightest you'll find.

Edit: The S7 has an 855 nit screen, which is still nearly twice as bright as an iPad Mini 4. (Edit again: Because our eyes don't react linearly to light, "twice as bright" in nits only means that it will look "somewhat" brighter.)

Last edited:
I use a Note 9 with no issues other than it really doesn't fit the controller if the phone is in a case.

Has anyone tried MM2 with a Note 9?

I use a Note 9 and an iPhone 7 plus. No problem using DJI Fly, Litchi or Red Waypoints Pro and Dronelink only run in my Note 9.

The problem with Samsung's AMOLED displays it's not the screen burns. I've had many for many many years.

The trouble is to logic behind the auto-brightness function which blasts the maximum capability of the display brightness ONLY when the front facing light sensor receives a good amount of light. If you use a sun shade to cover your display from unwanted reflections and stray light you're gonna actually impair the brightness of your display.

You can manually set the brightness to maximum but that'd be a far cry from the top brightness capability of the display when is in AUTO and under a good amount of sunlight.

I have been using a iPhone 7 for the dji fly app. But I bought a new tablet with android 9 pie to see if it works.

Chiming in.

I am using an A51 and it works great. Screen is very bright and clear even in sunshine even without a sunshade. Phone CPU does not overload.

The only drawbacks are the delayed updates on the Fly App and A/C functionalities for android.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliassmith02