Get more from your Mavic
The largest Mavic community in the world
Join Us Now

Anyone using M2Z with DroneDeploy???

efendic12

Reactions
Visit site
Just passed my Part 107! Officially a drone pilot and looking to use DroneDeploy in the future for mapping, inspections, progress reports (pretty much anything available on the platform besides thermal stuff). I've read some threads but many are older and I know there have been many updates to the software. Looking for someone to share their experience with DroneDeploy? How is it using the M2Z? What feature have you found most lucrative? Thanks guys! Love this forum!

DanMan32

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Visit site
Zoom alone shouldn't prevent Pix3D from supporting M2Z if it supports M2P. All it would have to do is ignore the zoom function.

Survey Dave

Reactions
Visit site
Ok, but doesn't it depend on focal length and all that business within the lens of the camera? If it is using the setting for the M2P with the 1" sensor, etc, and not the smaller zoom lens wouldn't that introduce error to the data immediately?

efendic12

Reactions
Visit site
From my understanding any map made without GCPs is not accurate?? Right? Please correct me if I'm wrong bc buying a setup is $$$

Khurrum

Reactions
Visit site
Ok, but doesn't it depend on focal length and all that business within the lens of the camera? If it is using the setting for the M2P with the 1" sensor, etc, and not the smaller zoom lens wouldn't that introduce error to the data immediately?
Plz note.. I had used the settings of Mavic Pro (old one), which had the same camera as that of Mavic 2 Zoom.

Before opening pix4D capture, make sure in DJI Go 4 app that camera zoom is at 24mm , then open pix4D

Survey Dave

Reactions
Visit site
As far as accuracy, if you dont set GCPs your data would be ok, right? (For a small project)It may not be in the exact location but it would all be relative. Say for a stock pile. It may be 20ft off horizontal and 40ft vertical ,but the volume is still correct. I could see on larger projects where you may get scaling issues, etc.

Reactions: Khurrum
All E RC Mavic Drones
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 2 Case

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
old and pissed