Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Anyone using M2Z with DroneDeploy???

efendic12

Reaction score
Just passed my Part 107! Officially a drone pilot and looking to use DroneDeploy in the future for mapping, inspections, progress reports (pretty much anything available on the platform besides thermal stuff). I've read some threads but many are older and I know there have been many updates to the software. Looking for someone to share their experience with DroneDeploy? How is it using the M2Z? What feature have you found most lucrative? Thanks guys! Love this forum!

Khurrum

Reaction score
I've used it once with both drone deploy and pix4D capture
It works great

Survey Dave

Reaction score
Pix4D does not support Mavic 2 Zoom. From what i have seen it is due to the zoom finction.

DanMan32

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Zoom alone shouldn't prevent Pix3D from supporting M2Z if it supports M2P. All it would have to do is ignore the zoom function.

Survey Dave

Reaction score
No kidding? Thought i saw that on the pix4D tech page or forum after i purchased mine. I will give that a shot. Great to hear! Thanks for the correction.

Survey Dave

Reaction score
Ok, but doesn't it depend on focal length and all that business within the lens of the camera? If it is using the setting for the M2P with the 1" sensor, etc, and not the smaller zoom lens wouldn't that introduce error to the data immediately?

Survey Dave

Reaction score
Khurrum, did you have anything to check against? Did you have GCPs set on the ground?

efendic12

Reaction score
From my understanding any map made without GCPs is not accurate?? Right? Please correct me if I'm wrong bc buying a setup is $$$

Khurrum

Reaction score
Ok, but doesn't it depend on focal length and all that business within the lens of the camera? If it is using the setting for the M2P with the 1" sensor, etc, and not the smaller zoom lens wouldn't that introduce error to the data immediately?
Plz note.. I had used the settings of Mavic Pro (old one), which had the same camera as that of Mavic 2 Zoom.

Before opening pix4D capture, make sure in DJI Go 4 app that camera zoom is at 24mm , then open pix4D

Khurrum

Reaction score
Khurrum, did you have anything to check against? Did you have GCPs set on the ground?
No, I've not yet established the accuracy with GCPs.

For professional survey grade results, Differential GPS should be used for taking GCPs and incorporating in the Pix4D software..

Reactions: efendic12

Survey Dave

Reaction score
Ok, that clears up the camera confusion for me, thanks. I didn't realize Mavic1 and zoom had same camera. I may go out and fly today with the M2Z and P4PV2 and compare results. Thanks guys.

Reactions: Khurrum

Survey Dave

Reaction score
As far as accuracy, if you dont set GCPs your data would be ok, right? (For a small project)It may not be in the exact location but it would all be relative. Say for a stock pile. It may be 20ft off horizontal and 40ft vertical ,but the volume is still correct. I could see on larger projects where you may get scaling issues, etc.

Reactions: Khurrum

Khurrum

Reaction score
Ok, that clears up the camera confusion for me, thanks. I didn't realize Mavic1 and zoom had same camera. I may go out and fly today with the M2Z and P4PV2 and compare results. Thanks guys.
Hello Survey Dave
Have you checked the accuracy of mapping with M2Z?

Khurrum

Reaction score
No, but the Engineering firm I worked with had their own GCPs and said my work was fine. So, I assume it was good enough?!
Thanks for the reply,
I'm working on this. I'll share the results very soon

Reactions: SIT
DJI Drone Service
All E RC Mavic Drones

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaewon_aviation_kr