DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone using M2Z with DroneDeploy???

efendic12

Reactions
Just passed my Part 107! Officially a drone pilot and looking to use DroneDeploy in the future for mapping, inspections, progress reports (pretty much anything available on the platform besides thermal stuff). I've read some threads but many are older and I know there have been many updates to the software. Looking for someone to share their experience with DroneDeploy? How is it using the M2Z? What feature have you found most lucrative? Thanks guys! Love this forum!

I've used it once with both drone deploy and pix4D capture
It works great

Ok, but doesn't it depend on focal length and all that business within the lens of the camera? If it is using the setting for the M2P with the 1" sensor, etc, and not the smaller zoom lens wouldn't that introduce error to the data immediately?

From my understanding any map made without GCPs is not accurate?? Right? Please correct me if I'm wrong bc buying a setup is $$$

Ok, but doesn't it depend on focal length and all that business within the lens of the camera? If it is using the setting for the M2P with the 1" sensor, etc, and not the smaller zoom lens wouldn't that introduce error to the data immediately?
Plz note.. I had used the settings of Mavic Pro (old one), which had the same camera as that of Mavic 2 Zoom.

Before opening pix4D capture, make sure in DJI Go 4 app that camera zoom is at 24mm , then open pix4D

Khurrum, did you have anything to check against? Did you have GCPs set on the ground?
No, I've not yet established the accuracy with GCPs.

For professional survey grade results, Differential GPS should be used for taking GCPs and incorporating in the Pix4D software..

Reactions: efendic12
As far as accuracy, if you dont set GCPs your data would be ok, right? (For a small project)It may not be in the exact location but it would all be relative. Say for a stock pile. It may be 20ft off horizontal and 40ft vertical ,but the volume is still correct. I could see on larger projects where you may get scaling issues, etc.

Reactions: Khurrum
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka