DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone using Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 wifi only?

skycrawler

Reactions
Since my Tab4 is incapable of running DJI Go4 and lags to the point of unusable I am looking at a Tab S 8.4 WiFi only. The wifi only has Exynos™ 5 Octa (1.9Ghz Quadcore + 1.3 Ghz Quadcore) and 3GB of RAM. Surely that will run DJI Go4, correct?

I have tried my Tab S 8.4 with the DjiGo4 app. If I use the Occusync and be connected by the USB thru the controller, I have video tearing problems. The only way to minimize it that I have found is to lower the video quality on the app. Otherwise the Tab S 8.4 cannot handle the transfer bit rate through the USB connection. If I use Wifi instead of the controller, then it can handle any video quality selectable. But obviously wifi limits my flight range significantly. If anyone jas found a way around this problem, please let us know.

If that is the case then I'm glad I haven't bought one. I ordered a hood for my phone from Freewell so I'll just deal with the smaller screen. I'm due for a phone upgrade so I may just get an S8 and my S6 Active can be for drone use only

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman