DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone with Premier or After Effects to Stabilize Test Hyperlapse?

sivart

Reactions
Tried to make two different hyperlapse videos today with the Mavic Pro.

Using the stabilizer in DaVinci Resolve 15 (tried both classic and new; using automatic, cloud, point, perspective, and similarity) does not seem to produce good results at all.

Wondering if the warp stabilizer in AE or Premier is really that much better.

Rendered Footage:

Original Non-Stabilized (video render from images):

Download sequence video export at Sequence-3.mov

Tried to make two different hyperlapse videos today with the Mavic Pro.

Using the stabilizer in DaVinci Resolve 15 (tried both classic and new; using automatic, cloud, point, perspective, and similarity) does not seem to produce good results at all.

Wondering if the warp stabilizer in AE or Premier is really that much better.

Rendered Footage:

Original Non-Stabilized (video render from images):

Download sequence video export at Sequence-3.mov
Never used davinci before, but warp stabilizer is a god send in a lot of situations. I don't see why it would not make this footage silky smooth. In my experience it does fine with clouds and since you took photos ( I am assuming raw) you will have a lot more to work with.

I am a little surprised how shaky your footage is though straight out of the camera. I am guessing you weren't in tripod mode?

Never used davinci before, but warp stabilizer is a god send in a lot of situations. I don't see why it would not make this footage silky smooth. In my experience it does fine with clouds and since you took photos ( I am assuming raw) you will have a lot more to work with.

I am a little surprised how shaky your footage is though straight out of the camera. I am guessing you weren't in tripod mode?

Yeah, I know -- right? I really don't know what's up.

It was a little windy. I was in waypoint mode.

The fact you have never used DaVinci Resolve before and your forum name is black_magic100 is mighty funny ;):p

Last edited:
So, something very interesting happened whenever I slowed the sequence down to 30%, enabled optical flow frame blending, and did a custom stabilization track on the treeline in the distance using the cloud method, and then enabled interactive mode and re-generated tracking points at random intervals throughout the footage...

Granted, this still looks like damnit because it is not perfectly stabilized, and the blur effect from the optical flow blending -- but it is interesting.

At 30% speed:

At 75% speed:

So, something very interesting happened whenever I slowed the sequence down to 30%, enabled optical flow frame blending, and did a custom stabilization track on the treeline in the distance using the cloud method, and then enabled interactive mode and re-generated tracking points at random intervals throughout the footage...

Granted, this still looks like damnit because it is not perfectly stabilized, and the blur effect from the optical flow blending -- but it is interesting.

At 30% speed:

At 75% speed:
Why not just use warp stabilizer?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU