DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

APAS IS NOT WORKING1

tritanu

Reactions
HI, I hope someone can hep me find a solution. I have issue, dji up to now they having a problem in fixing this bugs, these has been going for six months. This is about the "APAS" when i press the apas Icon on my phone it turns blue but the drone does not turn like it did before, and also before I notice that after you press the APAS icon there would be a message saying APAS is enable, now to the other problem, when I'm in active track i only use the trace mode, it works and would follow me around but would not dodge branches like before, now it just runs into. I have been experience on this issue with my last three Mavic 2 pro zooms which I had experience, pls don't ask me how I can have that many experience with Mavic Pro 2 zoom; believe me I went thru hell with dji 's customer service that I have to deal with incompetent customer service for last 6 months. Each of those drone when first time I go it, it had no issue with the APAS and active track is all good, not until I try it more then 8 times then the issue start to appears. Once the APAS highlighted and its doesn't not appear the notification then I know APAS is not working, Any way I had I send drone to dji facilities many times ,and each time they emailed me the repair invoice with no issue and stated the drone had been repaired. They claimed they repaired it, so as soon as I received it, I test it it is still not working. This has repeated at least 3 times.
So finally I was so frustrated, I end up exercise my DJI CARE I paid $119 to exercise it. This time I got a new Mavic 2 zoom, It works for several fries, but it snap again. The problem repeated. Please help me to trouble shoot my problem. Thanks.

I have exactly the same problem with APAS on my Mavic 2 Zoom.
Used it during every flight, then one day it stopped working. Could not get it to work ever since.

HI, I hope someone can hep me find a solution. I have issue, dji up to now they having a problem in fixing this bugs, these has been going for six months. This is about the "APAS" when i press the apas Icon on my phone it turns blue but the drone does not turn like it did before, and also before I notice that after you press the APAS icon there would be a message saying APAS is enable, now to the other problem, when I'm in active track i only use the trace mode, it works and would follow me around but would not dodge branches like before, now it just runs into. I have been experience on this issue with my last three Mavic 2 pro zooms which I had experience, pls don't ask me how I can have that many experience with Mavic Pro 2 zoom; believe me I went thru hell with dji 's customer service that I have to deal with incompetent customer service for last 6 months. Each of those drone when first time I go it, it had no issue with the APAS and active track is all good, not until I try it more then 8 times then the issue start to appears. Once the APAS highlighted and its doesn't not appear the notification then I know APAS is not working, Any way I had I send drone to dji facilities many times ,and each time they emailed me the repair invoice with no issue and stated the drone had been repaired. They claimed they repaired it, so as soon as I received it, I test it it is still not working. This has repeated at least 3 times.
So finally I was so frustrated, I end up exercise my DJI CARE I paid $119 to exercise it. This time I got a new Mavic 2 zoom, It works for several fries, but it snap again. The problem repeated. Please help me to trouble shoot my problem. Thanks.

All your questions are being answered by the manual. There is no issue with your Mavic.
APAS doesn't work in Active Track or any other intelligent flight mode. It also doesn't work when you roll left or right.

Manual v2.0, p.32:
- The APAS feature is automatically disabled when using Intelligent Flight Modes and resumes
automatically after exiting Intelligent Flight Modes.
- The APAS feature is only available when flying forward and backward. If the aircraft flies left or
right, APAS is disabled.

Reactions: Cymruflyer
All your questions are being answered by the manual. There is no issue with your Mavic.
APAS doesn't work in Active Track or any other intelligent flight mode. It also doesn't work when you roll left or right.

Manual v2.0, p.32:
- The APAS feature is automatically disabled when using Intelligent Flight Modes and resumes
- The APAS feature is only available when flying forward and backward. If the aircraft flies left or
right, APAS is disabled.

Manual v2.0, p.32:
right, APAS is disabled.
So how do you enable APAS again if it does not resumes automatically after exiting Intelligent Flight Modes?
DJI could also not find a solution for this problem on my Mavic 2 Zoom. Did various test for them and also send them the flight logs.

Active track is supposed to evade obstacles though. DJI explicitly advertises that feature. Granted I believe it's an AT option rather than APAS being used on top of it, but OP did say a branch wasn't evaded in AT.

I tested APAS in free flight last year and was impressed. It seemed to evade objects during yaw/rudder turns but perhaps it was straight flight, or yaw turns are OK. The only issue I had was that it hit a power wire to a small building after evading the roof. I couldn't fault it for that.
I hope APAS is still as good as I experienced last year.

The only issue I had was that it hit a power wire to a small building after evading the roof. I couldn't fault it for that.

I had to laugh, that was funny. Great system - it only failed ;-)

APAS is the oposite of being helpful I think. It lulls you into a sense of security that it cannot hold up to.
It's avoiding a fence only to possibly hit a smaller obstacle afterwards.
I don't use any of the avoidance systems.
My Mantra is: I adjust the speed around obstacles. If I cannot see it in time/avoid it manually I'm too fast.

Obviuosly that doesn't apply to Active Track and I understand the people who complain about its performance.
DJI Active Track is still in its infancy. The Skydio drone seems to show the current state of art.

Here's the thread about me hitting the wire.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalinbbc27