DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

App: Drone laws for every country

Update: I'm looking at it further and I see some things that are not completely accurate. But the app promises regular updating and is setup to allow for crowdsourced info, so hopefully it will steadily improve

Update: I'm looking at it further and I see some things that are not completely accurate. But the app promises regular updating and is setup to allow for crowdsourced info, so hopefully it will steadily improve

That's the thing, most countries have free apps by their civil aviation authority or regulator.
Here you are depending on that app developer doing updates (granted, they would be rarely changed).

Good that they ask for community input, that is a great way to get the local knowledge for sure.

Only for iPhone / iPad devices by the looks ?

In Australia, Drone Complier, recommended by CASA, is available for i devices and android.
It is very thorough, free to download and use in full.
You can also click option to show National Parks boundaries, they are banned for flight in most Australian states.

I guess if you were travelling a LOT to overseas destinations and there was little else available, why not get this :)
Like most apps it's fairly cheap ($4.99), but must be as accurate as possible.

That's the thing, most countries have free apps by their civil aviation authority or regulator.
Here you are depending on that app developer doing updates (granted, they would be rarely changed).

Good that they ask for community input, that is a great way to get the local knowledge for sure.

In Australia, Drone Complier, recommended by CASA, is available for i devices and android.
You can also click option to show National Parks boundaries, they are banned for flight in most Australian states.

I guess if you were travelling a LOT to overseas destinations and there was little else available, why not get this :)
There's an Android version on the Play store -- it actually says so on the site.

There are some interesting additions that you'll see that are laws applied in supplement to national laws ie in the USA where some localities have restrictions above and beyond what the FAA says. There is of course some dispute about whether they are enforceable (the FAA claims ultimate authority), but it's not a bad idea to heed all claims and just avoid the grief.

I noticed that it doesn't show the most recently enacted laws in Canada that even hobby pilots carry insurance. It also stated in many places ie Australia that it was legal, without specifically citing which laws apply to their use. Failing this, one might be led to believe that anything goes, which isn't the case.

But it's an embryonic product, and yes, it's more of use to people like me that travel constantly than to someone who always flies at home.

Oh, and by the way, when you say "most countries have apps", I assume you're talking first world, right? Because there's no such thing that I've found in SE Asia, and even if there was, it's unlikely that'd be in English.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
It's almost like you have to smuggle your drone into a country and hope that it's not discovered in customs.

name
Turkey

description
No specific laws regarding recreational drone use.

the map doesn't say the drone will be confiscated in the airport.

Reactions: Sloth469
name
Turkey

description
No specific laws regarding recreational drone use.

the map doesn't say the drone will be confiscated in the airport.

In many countries what the laws is/isn't differs from what is put into practice depending on the airport, port of entry, particular authority figure... the app makes accommodation for these experiences.

Hi everyone, I'm the guy who created the map and the app. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to leave them on the original post on my site. (I can get to them more quickly there) but I will do my best to address any questions you have here as well.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Hi everyone, I'm the guy who created the map and the app. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to leave them on the original post on my site. (I can get to them more quickly there) but I will do my best to address any questions you have here as well.
It's more helpful to ask/answer questions here because then everyone learns and shares the information.

Definitely have the wrong rules for New Zealand... not sure why I would use that app anyway because the rules here are easy to look up

Definitely have the wrong rules for New Zealand... not sure why I would use that app anyway because the rules here are easy to look up

I double checked the accuracy of the rules to see if any changes were made in the past week and can confirm they are accurate according to the CAA.

Reactions: Kidson
It's £4.59!! I'd rather get a pint. Maybe half a pint for that price if I'm in London haha!

The map on my site is free :) But if you want to have the map offline, user community, plus a few other features - the DroneMate app provides that. Developing the app, making and contacting every relevant governing body in the world, etc. took me months and there are no in-app purchases or ads - the download fee gives you a lifetime of updates and might help you save your drone from getting confiscated. It's up to you whether or not you think that's a fair trade, I understand.

CASA have their own app called Can I Fly There.
Free download.
I have it on Android.
No idea about Apple.

Recently I got up-to-date information from Israeli Aero Club about rules in Israel and here's what I've received from them:

The law in Israel requires having an operational license in order to fly a model airplane for recreational use.

One can obtain this license by joining the Israel Aero club or other license holder.

The restricted areas in Israel are listed in the Aeronautical information publication ( AIP ) and you can download a GIS map in this link.

The rules for safe flying are listed in the air and navigation regulations, operation of aircraft, regulation ז' 180(Hebrew):

A summary of the regulation:

· Don’t fly in restricted areas, CTR's or in aerodromes without approval.
· Don’t fly above 50 meters.
· Don't fly less than 250 meters from neighborhoods, hospitals, crowd of people.
· Don’t fly less than 2000 meters from an airstrip.
· Fly only in Visual line of site.

· The only Drones approved for flying in Israel are those using 2.4GHz frequency.
Any other kind will be confiscated by custom.

· (Yes, Drones which can work on both are fine)

The temporary membership gives you the license to fly + insurance (3rd party and personal) and cost 100 israeli shekels (about 25$)

In order to be a member we need full details:

· Dates of your visit in Israel
· Full name
· Id or passport number
· Date of birth
· Phone number
· Address
· Email

Once the details submitted, you will receive a paypal request for payment (our online payment system does not accept foreign credit cards).

Reactions: raymo
Hi Phill, casa now points people to Drone Complier, hey it might even be the same, I'm not sure.
But it's spot on.
It is for both platforms apple and android.
Cheers.

Had a look at drone compiler but I prefer can i fly there.
They both show the overgrown strip of sand at the end of my street as an airport.
I reported it to CASA but nothings been done.
Just persoan preference

Last edited:
Reactions: Fahr
Had a look at drone compiler but I prefer can i fly there.
They both show the overgrown strip of sand at the end of my street as an airport.
I reported it to CASA but nothings been done.
Just persoan preference

I think I searched for the app not long after getting my Mavic, but maybe via CASA, Drone Complier was the one they listed, so went that.
Just searched the app store and found the Can I Fly There, downloaded.
Will do some comparisons, but just looked at Adelaide airport surrounds, there are that much overlap in the various zones I can barely see any detail.
See pics of Can I Fly There (overview near airport and closer) and same format 2 pics from Drone Complier.
Does yours also look like this ?
Thinking it might look different if you're using android vs my iphone / ipad.

771a76bc8e768efe2c0e8935e0931d33.jpg

290b2a3e8afa87eef7bb91f9d5053f0e.jpg

------

2d0c8b1cedd176b39b91f763ec86b56f.jpg

b32dabce35ece6bb2f203b0c8bc727d9.jpg

I think I searched for the app not long after getting my Mavic, but maybe via CASA, Drone Complier was the one they listed, so went that.
Just searched the app store and found the Can I Fly There, downloaded.
Will do some comparisons, but just looked at Adelaide airport surrounds, there are that much overlap in the various zones I can barely see any detail.
See pics of Can I Fly There (overview near airport and closer) and same format 2 pics from Drone Complier.
Does yours also look like this ?
Thinking it might look different if you're using android vs my iphone / ipad.

771a76bc8e768efe2c0e8935e0931d33.jpg

290b2a3e8afa87eef7bb91f9d5053f0e.jpg

------

2d0c8b1cedd176b39b91f763ec86b56f.jpg

b32dabce35ece6bb2f203b0c8bc727d9.jpg
Exactly the same

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads