DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

App: Drone laws for every country

The two apps actually have different information around where I live. If you look at Mona Vale helipad in Sydney, DroneCompiler has a much larger restricted area (under 45m) than Can I Fly There.

In fact, where I was flying last weekend at 100M was fine according to one app but not the other.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Drone compiler has pretty little pics of helicopters but I don't see much else different.

Easy enough to see the H, as long as you know what to look for.

As I found when comparing, if you want detail of streets etc to be more visible in the multi layered zones, it seems Drone Complier is easier to see.

Other than that either is better then the DJI map.

Recently I got up-to-date information from Israeli Aero Club about rules in Israel and here's what I've received from them:
Thanks for this update. In 2016 I attempted to get more information from the Israeli Club and they did not respond, even after a couple of months. I had to track down acquaintances (Phantom pilots) of friends to get information on the law there as it's not readily available in English. Was able to get most of the pertinent restrictions regarding airstrips and no-fly zones plus altitude (<50m) restrictions. Still unclear as to where to get online in English as this site from OP is only in Israeli language and doesn't say where to pay for the application for entry into Israel with a UAV like the MP. If there is an English translated site, could someone post? My Yiddish is not up to speed. Would love to take my MP next trip but understand the Middle-East sensitivities to UAV usage. Israel is a leader in commercial and military UAVs and I understand their need to keep this technology in the forefront. That history is an amazing story. Are there any Israeli friends on this forum?

@raymo I guess that the registration days would be sent as a reply to their email with the specific dates they asked.
Perhaps your first email ended up being a spam filter or the club staff forgot to respond. Might be worth emailing them again.

@raymo I guess that the registration days would be sent as a reply to their email with the specific dates they asked.
Perhaps your first email ended up being a spam filter or the club staff forgot to respond. Might be worth emailing them again.
Thanks iMario. Will keep that in mind for next time. It's always best to be in compliance as best as we can be. Have you had experience making application there?

Thanks iMario. Will keep that in mind for next time. It's always best to be in compliance as best as we can be. Have you had experience making application there?
No, I haven't had a chance to travel there yet, thus didn't register mine yet.
There were some dirt cheap flights to Tel-Aviv, but I still haven't decided to go. It would be a shame not to check out Jerusalem and Dead Sea, that means rent-a-car, and that one generally requires a credit card...and I cancelled my CCs last year, now going debit only :) So, a viscous circle.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa