DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Appreciate a point of view on a non Mavic issue

Garfieldg

Reactions
A few weeks ago I bought a brand new Parrot Disco drone (yeah I know) - not for the £1250 list price but the best part of £400. First time I used it it lost connection with the controller and flew away into a boggy area and was, effectively, lost. I reported it to Parrot who investigated. Meanwhile the drone was recovered and returned to a friend while I was away. My pal reset and recalibrated it but when he flew it for the first time it lost connection with the controller and is now lost permanently.
So to my question. Parrot will not cover it as they say the warranty, in the first year, lies with the seller who should refund or exchange. Seller says they can’t do anything as drone is lost and without it cannot properly investigate. Meanwhile I’m left with nothing. What can I do? Thank you for reading!

I'd say your friend is responsible. You had it before he messed with it and took it out to fly. Was that with or without your permission/knowledge? If I had borrowed my friends drone and lost it I would not hesitate to replace it. Is there something I'm missing in your story?

Reactions: Irish-apple
I'd say your friend is responsible. You had it before he messed with it and took it out to fly. Was that with or without your permission/knowledge? If I had borrowed my friends drone and lost it I would not hesitate to replace it. Is there something I'm missing in your story?
100% I be knocking at his door stating the same wheres me drone pal and fast !!

Sorry I’m not sure I explained fully. He flew it with my permission but it displayed the same issue and lost contact with the controller. Unfortunately it’s now not recoverable but I don’t blame my friend - I strongly believe that there is a fault with the drone

You left your friend fly a drone you had issues with and he then lost it / it got lost

- whatever ..

Your going to have an issue as no drone left for you to explain its faulty over this ..

Same as dji even with care refresh no drone NO replace

I don't see how it is the seller, or Parrot that is responsible. Once the drone displayed problems, flying it again, especially without you being there seems rather daft, it would have been best to return it.. not fly it again tempting fate.

I'm reminded of the story of the kid who murdered his parents and wanted mercy from the court because he was an orphan.

And it seems this is a better discussion on the Parrot board, not the DJI board. At least someone there might be able to give you some clues about what happened.

Good luck.. I think you've got a learning experience there, more than a case for a refund or drone replacement.

Reactions: Irish-apple
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada