DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Apprehensive but excited noob in Wales!

Welcome to the forum! :)

First things first...is it worth finding somewhere that'll actually give beginner lessons?
Most people have no trouble getting started with the many available free resources. Here are some things to help you get started:
  • The current Mini 2 manual can be downloaded here (it doesn't come in the box). Other important documents can be found on the Mini 2 downloads page.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the Mini 2 manual.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Most people have no trouble getting started with the many available free resources. Here are some things to help you get started:
  • The current Mini 2 manual can be downloaded here (it doesn't come in the box). Other important documents can be found on the Mini 2 downloads page.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the Mini 2 manual.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.
That's useful stuff, thanks!

Bit annoying when you order it all and the vendor confirms the order and asks you which day you want it delivered on...only to email you two days before that date to say it'll be a bit late...11th January!! Had to cancel it all and re-order elsewhere! And the DJI insurance cost me £25 more as a result. Hey ho...at least it's on its way now anyway. Shame the forecast is currently looking like wind and rain over xmas :rolleyes:

Reactions: Malcx and Steel63
Well, I'm just about to hit the button on purchasing a Mini 2 (fly more pack)... my first ever drone. It's part of the annual ritual which involves my wife asking me what I want for Christmas, me telling her, and her then asking me to get it as she doesn't know a. what it is, b. where to get it and c. how to 'work the internet'. It does somewhat ruin the surprise, but as least it isn't an electric toothbrush or socks.?

Actually, I've been eyeing a drone for some time. I enjoy taking photos and video and use them frequently as I have a fishing blog and write odd articles for a few fishing mags in the UK too. Having a small, portable drone will literally bring a while new angle on things. Obviously there's a hint at the particular element of hazard there... water! Man, I'm already nervous and I haven't even bought the **** thing yet. All my other photographic and video kit is waterproof and usually tethered to me like mittens to a toddler, so I couldn't lose any of it if I wanted to. This however, is going to be a whole new ball-game!

I'm no doubt going to have an awful lot of questions so I hope you'll bear with me! First things first...is it worth finding somewhere that'll actually give beginner lessons?
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mini 2, Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom