DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Arches National Park - Devils Garden

MPone

Reactions
Devils Garden is a maze of sandstone formations formed by, and continuously shaped by, erosion. Nature’s hand has been at work since the Jurassic Period more than 166 million years ago. Presently, Devils Garden boasts hoodoos, arches, and other rock protrusions from the sandy, desert landscape.

• Love
Reactions: deanbush and sikspy
Are you flying from a road nearby or just sneaking a bit of droning in the park? Wonderful footage!

Reactions: MPone
Thanks! No drone footage involved. Not even allowed to fly from the road as the access roads are all within the national park.

It's time for some new rules to allow managed access for drone pilots. The idea that you bother people most of the time your drone is in the air is absurd. I think they need to create a permit system that limits the amount of pilots per day and requires a part 107 cert. to maintain control and limit the amount of activity. This way, at least some drone video can be created and shared to the rest of the world. If nothing else, it would help attract more visitors to the parks and drive up revenue for the park system.

Agreed. Some people are bothered by drones flying in national parks. Some drone pilots are bothered by not being able to fly in national parks. Creating rules that make sure one group of people are not bothered is not perfectly equitable. I agree that it would be possible to construct rules that would be reasonable and possible to provide some limited access to drone pilots.

@Eagle Eye 62 , @akdrone

Some drone flight access is better than total restriction. Sadly, I don’t believe it would ever happen. Unless if the National Park commissioner or director is a drone enthusiast then maybe 🤔. For now enjoy the ground footage.

• Love
Reactions: deanbush
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goadreams