DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are the M3P updates about there

Rchawks

Reactions
I starting to wonder how much of a pain in the *** it's going to be to constantly have to update every week to get up to speed and if their close to being caught up. Thoughts?

@Rchawks ,why is it a pain to do updates,,if you dont want to have to do updates ,then the best thing to do is not get a newly released drone ,just fly the thing, enjoy it ,and when the time comes you will be notified if there is an update to be had ,sorry if i sound rude ,i dont mean to be ,these things are a way of life, when a new drone first comes out

That's why I might just return it and wait until later to purchase it again after the lion share has been installed. This was my question as to whether they were close to fulfilling the major source of their updates. Also it's becoming much easier to just walk in and buy it now.

Last edited:
Why not just stick the drone in the cupboard for a few months and then pull it out, update it and get on flying again? Would save 2 trips to the shop. A lot of the teething problems get resolved in the first few months.

If you are fine with flying as it is, just turn of Wifi or cancel the updates.
There is no need to be constantly on the latest version even with this new bird.

I do however acknowledge, it's a bit annoying to get the constant reminders. But you are perfectly fine flying with older versions until you are confident or have read comments here or the changelog of DJI. ;)

Reactions: Droniac and Rchawks
I know about using an external fan for cooling, and I will use one for that purpose. I know sometimes updates can take quite a while.

Reactions: Droniac
I starting to wonder how much of a pain in the *** it's going to be to constantly have to update every week to get up to speed and if their close to being caught up. Thoughts?
It's not "every week". There have been 4 or so since it came out late last year. All drones (from all manufacturers) require updates. As do all electronics. Look at computers.

There isn't any issue when updating.

Buying mine in about a year. Lol. They are evidently and definitely done with M2P updates 🤣. I feel you, man. But, as Old Man Mavic suggests it is what it is. His take is Good enough for me. To me … updates are better called purely (wether told or not) “needed corrections” in my mind. And although frustrating at times I’m glad that DJI is “on it”. That’s my off the top of my head opinion. (Boy did I open myself up to a bunch there. Lol)
Godspeed, Droniac

It's not "every week". There have been 4 or so since it came out late last year. All drones (from all manufacturers) require updates. As do all electronics. Look at computers.

There isn't any issue when updating.
Point taken, Vic. I personally expect nothing less. Like it or not. It’s also been historically how it’s… always been. And need be. Godspeed, Droniac

LOL speaking of frustrating updates - this is off topic so DirkClod may wish to remove it: I've had to take my Hybrid Highlander in twice for software updates in the 18 months since I bought it. I use Comma AI - an open source self driving module which we installed right after purchase. Fortunately the updates from Comma push through automnatically, sometimes several a week. I am a programming idiot - no sense at all when it comes to this stuff, but each Toyota update requires me to to get on Discord and muck my way through updating the Comma module manually to match the new Toyota software.
Updating a DJI product is so simple and requires no skill.

Reactions: Droniac and JTZ
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2024mastermind