DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are the motor covers worthy for the mini

They look cool, but they aren't going to add anything performance or safety wise.

I think the jury is still out on whether or not they will cause any trouble. It seems those who are actually using them haven't had any trouble with them yet.

Reactions: Thomas B
I have them fitted. I personally was very concerned about heat build up etc, but I've had no issues at all. I think DJI left the motors open to save weight and reduce production costs to be honest.

There is a YouTube video where another mini owner hovers his drone for 25 mins with, and 25 mins without covers fitted, and takes temp readings with virtually no change.

They are loose when fitted (to a point - you'd have to see it to really appreciate what I mean) and so air can still circulate a bit, plus I believe they keep a lot of dust out of my motors (I try not to take off or land in dusty environments anyway - that's just common sense)

I have them fitted. I personally was very concerned about heat build up etc, but I've had no issues at all. I think DJI left the motors open to save weight and reduce production costs to be honest.

There is a YouTube video where another mini owner hovers his drone for 25 mins with, and 25 mins without covers fitted, and takes temp readings with virtually no change.

They are loose when fitted (to a point - you'd have to see it to really appreciate what I mean) and so air can still circulate a bit, plus I believe they keep a lot of dust out of my motors (I try not to take off or land in dusty environments anyway - that's just common sense)
Temps done with other than those limited to direct motor contact are suspect as other parts of the drone contribute to the reading.

Reactions: old man mavic
personally i think they do nothing to the flying character of the MM,they look nice and thats about all i can say about them,its the same as adding a skin,i have skins on both my MPP and MM to aid me in seeing them, they do nothing for the way it flies,nor do they have a negative effect on their flying performance,and i think the motor covers come under the same heading

They absolutely cure the front blades hitting the aircraft body, although they may add to the challenge of storing the Mini correctly without deforming the props.
I've found no issues with deformation on mine fitted with the covers?

As mentioned before, the props are sitting a bit higher, depending on the model of the covers. And I'm following the forum very closely, I have not seen any post where a drone loss could be attributed to motor covers. I do have them (model with 4 screw holes).

They absolutely cure the front blades hitting the aircraft body
Sounds like a new product in the making. Someone could make extenders to raise the props a bit (without covering the motors too).

Reactions: TDZHDTV

It’s amazing how much of a beating the pops take at the very end I have chips in the blades and i’ve flown 56 flights 18.8 miles with my Mini time to change prop

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun