DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are these MicroSD any good for the MM2

Don't think they have a fast enough write speed (40MB/s) as the Mini 2 records 4K video up to 100MB/s

You will be safer using the Sandisk Extreme cards like this:
SanDisk 128GB Extreme microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card with Adapter - C10, U3, V30, 4K, A2, Micro SD - SDSQXA1-128G-GN6MA: Amazon.ca: Computers & Tablets

Hope this helps.

Keep in mind, the more storage capacity the card has, the more that can be lost if it disappears. More cards with lesser storage capacity is a consideration.

100Mb/s, which is 12.5MB/s.

Any U3 card (that isn't a fake...) is fine.
Check the speed as soon as you get it on a PC, I had to return a fake SanDisk from Amazon. Worked intermittently when I was using, then realised when I transferred video to PC the card was slower than advertised. Amazon refunded no problem.

I never buy cards on. Amazon unless it’s actually Amazon selling them (in this case it isn’t) as they’re more likely to be fake.

Just as a matter of interest, is speed testing limited by the speed of the computer etc?

With regards to testing the cards. For capacity checking, I run H2testw on every new card, it is VERY slow, for me, on 128GB cards (I seem to remember 2hr+ for the full write and read test) but I will have to live with that, I think, as the computer is 'old' (Fujitsu AH530).

I would also second the comment about 128G being a very big card that could give rise to the loss of an awful lot of footage if the drone was ever lost and the card had not been backed up to somewhere.

Reactions: Thomas B
I would also second the comment about 128G being a very big card that could give rise to the loss of an awful lot of footage if the drone was ever lost and the card had not been backed up to somewhere.
There are some older hardware configs that won't read SD cards beyond 64Gig (which holds a lot of video...especially @1080p), so I don't go above that.

I know lol, I have USB readers that can't handle anything over 2G, roflmao, that was big "way back then" but laughable now.

When 4K recording is involved (drone, action cam etc), you need to get an SD card with at least U3 support. Advertised write/read speed don’t really matter. Just look at the specs and see if it’s in U3 standard.

Reactions: Mavic 57
I use the SanDisk 128GB Extreme microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card, which I back-up after every flight.

128GB card was on sale at the time when I purchased my Mini 2, 64GB cards have been hard to find locally in the brick and mortar stores, have a dislike for purchasing any type of SD cards online due to the fakes. But I do agree with the recommendations of going no more than 64GB, anything larger is risky if something happens to the drone. Some drone pilots even have separate cards for every flight to minimise the risk of losing a lot of photos/video.

Reactions: Mavic 57

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54