DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are you getting any Christmas goody’s for your drone 2018

Just touching the edge of Kent now, I think it’s going to be earlier than I thought. I got some tips on how to take photos with the GoPro of storms/lightning so I’ll be putting that into practice now.

339E227D-F8CD-4745-8DFD-3694E5E184ED.png

Just touching the edge of Kent now, I think it’s going to be earlier than I thought. I got some tips on how to take photos of storms/lightning with the GoPro so I’ll be putting that into practice now.

View attachment 74530
good luck dont get struck stay safe

After all the hype I caused we only had a couple of rumbles of thunder, didn’t see any lightning????

Sorry of my life???? one day I’ll get that nice lightning shot.
Not to worry... in Arizona, known for it’s sunsets, I’m still trying to capture a good one... Mother Nature is like that!:cool:

Not to worry... in Arizona, known for it’s sunsets, I’m still trying to capture a good one... Mother Nature is like that!:cool:

Yeah she’s a tricky one to work out, keeps us on our toes I suppose. I’ll look forward to seeing your perfect sunset photo/video when it happens TB?

Love that time, dusk/dawn for photo taking?

GoPro batteries on charge now?..

Sorry to hear of your bad weather. For some bizarre reason, the weather here has been world class. Wish you were here.
Went riding on Puget Sound last weekend looking for @charliesRig. Figured he was working so when I spotted his office floating by I decided to intercept. Wanted to say hi and get update on BT 300 Moverios.

But, no sign of Charlie. There was a woman on the bridge gesturing at me but my vision is not perfect at that distance with my contact lenses so cannot be sure if she was waving hello or flipping me off.

Anyways, speaking of Go Pros, check out my set-up, GP 4 on bow facing forward.
And GP 4 or 5 facing rearward.

Camera is right over the jet nozzle (stock image below):
This gives an outstanding view of rooster tail blasting up against the horizon. I describe it as violent but perfectly symmetrical chaos. Ive had these GPs for a few years now and my interest was waning but has been re-invigorated along with my general interest in photography. I like the look of the new DJI action cam but the GP 4 and 5 work very well in this application so no big desire to upgrade.

Oh, one more thing. Found Wilson! Here I thought he drifted on the tide out to China but turns out he just floated about 1/4 mile and washed up on beach where some kids threw him into some tall grass. He looked a little deflated but other than that was in good health and ready to come home.

Last edited:
No need to be sorry ?, we need the rain, more to come today? unfortunately that’s good old British weather for you at its best. Last weekend we had a mini heatwave but now the temps have stabilised for this time of year. Where I live, it’s one of the driest areas in the UK so rain is very much welcome.

Blimey, you definitely want to catch different angles of footage, good job buddy. I bet it’s a blast flying around on your jet ski this time of year. I’m just a bit jealous ? well very jealous actually ?

Photos, cracking? glad you found Wilson, what have you done with him now? Don’t you loose him again...

Not seen charlie about but no doubt he’ll show up, think you’ll have a better chance of finding him on the water somewhere ?

Have you been out flying or are you concentrating more on the jet ski at the mo, I bet that takes a lot of your time up. Hope Miss ? is ok and enjoying her water activity with you.

I can imagine Miss ? doing this?

Blimey, you definitely want to catch different angles of footage, good job buddy. I bet it’s a blast flying around on your jet ski this time of year. I’m just a bit jealous ? well very jealous actually ?

Yes, after much experimentation, I concluded these two camera locations work best together. This last time, I just started both cameras and let them run until battery ran out (carried 3 extra batteries per camera). Ideally, I would turn on and off by remote but, for some reason, my remote stopped working and its expensive to replace.

I have gotten pretty good at leaning over the bow and fiddling with the camera BUT I am embarrassed to say made a few dumb mistakes including leaning into the ignition switch while sprawled across the hood of the ski trying to verify whether video was recording!

I am working on synchronizing the two views together in a video with a third view from another GP 4 mounted on second ski but it stretches my capabilities a bit!

Miss ? likes the ski because she knows I get big charge from it BUT to ride as a passenger she has strict rules and conditions which I will explain next time. For now, suffice to say the rules may be enforced before, during or after the ride with no statute of limitations. :) Gotta run so more later....

Last edited:
BTW, did you finally recover that little drone you lost in your tree way back at the beginning of the thread? ?

Lol, nope it’s still up there??. Blimey ? that’s was just after Christmas, good memory? it’ll be knackered now so I’ve given it to Mother Nature. It was only a cheapo drone?

Yes, after much experimentation, I concluded these two camera locations work best together. This last time, I just started both cameras and let them run until battery ran out (carried 3 extra batteries per camera). Ideally, I would turn on and off by remote but, for some reason, my remote stopped working and its expensive to replace.

Now that’s weird, my remote has just started playing up, one minute it will link to my 6 then it won’t. It’s a pain when you think it’s working but get no response from the camera. I’ve spend more time fiddling with it than taking photos/videos. Ain’t got a clue why it’s doing that but I agree, to expensive to replace.

I am working on synchronizing the two views together in a video with a third view from another GP 4 mounted on second ski but it stretches my capabilities a bit!

Now that would be a very interesting watch, I bet that take a while to sort out in post. What program you using, the GoPro app by any chance?

Miss ? likes the ski because she knows I get big charge from it BUT to ride as a passenger she has strict rules and conditions which I will explain next time. For now, suffice to say the rules may be enforced before, during or after the ride with no statute of limitations. :) Gotta run so more later....

Best behaviour when the boss is a passenger, it’s the same with me. If we are doing anything together, Mrs P will always lay down the ground rules first.? but when I’m on my own, totally different, I become a young boy again, no rules? but I suppose rules are put there for a reason, safety comes first.

Any way ? I’ll catch you later, sweet dreams. ?

Thanks for the shot out.
I was at work this week
It was I very heavy work week.
I few Mavic last night with my moverios
it starts it runs and comes back when I need it to..... Life is good... Still waiting for an upgrade ..cR

It’s definitely

Well it is here??
hi son have you watched qually in Montreal have you seen it yet at least there is something different this time should be a good race tomorrow @Porky

216C99BF-6556-4F93-91FA-377D924CAC56.jpeg

Just watching it dad, very interesting???? should be a good race tomorrow, looking forward to it?

C6613CB4-4BA0-4E10-8CB7-5DFD446F834C.jpeg

Bottas, sixth..... his spin completely jeopardised his performance, shame about Verstappen??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead