DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are you getting any Christmas goody’s for your drone 2018

I honestly have no idea about photography, filming and art. I have my Mavic mainly, so there is a reason for me to go somewhere with my bike and friends at leisure.

Actually, I only take pictures with my smartphone, and that rarely happens. And when I fly with my Mavic, I also like to do only full HD video recordings. But except scene editing is no post-processing.

I like being able to extract individual pictures from videos with my smartphone. I am pleased with the low resolution, and sometimes I print a few small pictures of it with an old but still good Sony thermal photo printer.

I can not give more attention to the matter. I just have too many hobbies ... In short, I love it when shots or video shots happen to give good results, so no post processing is needed ...
Here are a few unsorted pictures, which I like:
View attachment 59235View attachment 59236View attachment 59237View attachment 59238View attachment 59241View attachment 59242View attachment 59243View attachment 59244
Everything from the area where I live. I hope you like it.

Very nice! I also do no post processing or use filters other than circular polarizer but I hope to gain knowledge and proficiency in these areas eventually. I also live close to water which is my favorite subject to shoot.

Got a nice double garage, one side for my car the other side is my workshop, wife’s car sits outside in all the elements:p the only room in my house which is my 2nd man cave is the study, oh I can do what I like in there, ITS MINE.....Thumbswayup I’m a keen F1 fan so got loads of F1photos on the walls, she allows that but not the rest of the house:rolleyes:

Don’t forget the treadmill, works wonders for getting you up that mountain ;);)

Very nice! I also do no post processing or use filters other than circular polarizer but I hope to gain knowledge and proficiency in these areas eventually. I also live close to water which is my favorite subject to shoot.

I would say 90% of my flying is done over water, living right next to the River Crouch helps;) good thing about it is you’re not flying over people but the down side is, plop.... don’t think my mavic can swim....

...good thing about it is you’re not flying over people but the down side is, plop.... don’t think my mavic can swim....

Yes, exactly. Flying over water reduces risk of various complaints or problems. I will dig out and post up some of my water photos. I have a few where Id like to know whether different, filter, settings, or processing would make big difference.

Don’t forget the treadmill, works wonders for getting you up that mountain ;);)

Funny you should mention that. I was going to break out my treadmill but friend told me they can cause knee problems. At his suggestion, I went down to the gym to take a Spin class. Have you heard of these? I had no idea what I was getting into. Everyone was nice , and yes its low impact, but the only one there who knew anything about drones told me they are totally illegal on Mt. Rainier because its national park as per CFR blah blah blah. Talk about a buzz kill. Probably wont go back. Maybe try Zumba class instead on Saturday. Anyway, take care and best wishes all, TGIF.

Not many days ago we had a power failure in the morning, which lasted 3 hours. Our small town of about 85,000 inhabitants was almost completely dark.

I had enough powerful camping LED lights, so it was not really a big problem. We heard some local radio in battery mode. A very important underground power line from Denmark had been damaged by the ingress of water.

The whole communication was down, no internet, cell phone network, and no telephony ...

But the worst scenario:
No fresh coffee. I tried to heat water with tea lights and some instant coffee was available, but it took forever and did not taste good in the end ... [emoji24]

I learned from it, and ordered a camping gas stove and enough reserve fuel. I think it is an important accessory for our upcoming excursions with the Mavic ... [emoji1696]

This will be the whole year through small and useful gadgets. I think we will be better prepared and able to make more comfortable trips. There is enough time to think about big things for Christmas, or the impatience leads to premature Christmas presents again ...

****, now I totally forgot the tripod seats ...[emoji848]
20190118_092717.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah we have “spin classes here tooooo, never done it but heard a lot about it. I train with weights and do a lot of cardio “HIIT” training plus we both (wife) go out jogging 3/4 times a week. It’s hard work but I think it’s well worth it especially at our ageo_O we converted one of our rooms at home into a gym.

Now that’s a bummer about Mt. Rainer, don’t wonna break any laws:):)

The person that helped me with getting things right with photography was our buddy “slim” he knows his stuff and a great mentorThumbswayup

Love to see your water photos soooooo post them for us to see, l love looking at other people’s photos.

My wife and I training:)

OK, a new year has dawned, and I am considering new strategies that my wife is gracious to me ...
https://www.facebook.com/GlobalTV/videos/saturday-night-live-big-boy-appliances/508834042939284/
I will help more in the household, and thus excuse my new gadgets :)

I don’t mind firing up the hoover, don’t know what you guys call it, dusting, cleaning the house in general, how we both look at it it’s our mess,we do it together so we can spend more time together, yep true romantics at heart;)

Maybe you'll believe me when I say we've been doing it for over 25 years, just as you say. Only, who has to work longer, gets a recovery bonus :)

Nevertheless, I find this video overwhelmingly good ...

Tell us more about it @AnotherMavicPilot

Really sorry, only just remembered I posted into this thread when it just got bumped.

To answer your question, my "better half" got me a Titan Atlas Antenna.

Not like she knows what one is, really I bought it myself and she reimbursed me for Xmas, haha.

But yeah I love it, I got it purely because where I tend to fly from (my back garden) there's a lot of WIFI interference, which makes things a bit too noisy for the controller. This has solved that problem and now I can get pretty much what Dji initially said it could do in terms of distance.

One point I would like to mention is, you could do with a lanyard for this setup, as the Atlas add's a lot of weight to the controller. In which case check out this thread for lanyard solutions.

Again sorry for taking so long with the reply.

Thumbswayup

Yeah took me awhile that one lol, better late than never Thumbswayup
Take a look now and then in this thread, and also give us some insights from your hobby, and what you are currently interested. Or you may have a funny thing for us :) I think we try to give something here until Christmas. There are only 340/341 days left :)

Really sorry, only just remembered I posted into this thread when it just got bumped.

To answer your question, my "better half" got me a Titan Atlas Antenna.

Not like she knows what one is, really I bought it myself and she reimbursed me for Xmas, haha.

But yeah I love it, I got it purely because where I tend to fly from (my back garden) there's a lot of WIFI interference, which makes things a bit too noisy for the controller. This has solved that problem and now I can get pretty much what Dji initially said it could do in terms of distance.

One point I would like to mention is, you could do with a lanyard for this setup, as the Atlas add's a lot of weight to the controller. In which case check out this thread for lanyard solutions.

Again sorry for taking so long with the reply.

Thumbswayup

I must admit it was definitely this waiting for your reply.:D

Take a look now and then in this thread, and also give us some insights from your hobby, and what you are currently interested. Or you may have a funny thing for us :) I think we try to give something here until Christmas. There are only 340/341 days left :)
We’ll try and keep this going till Christmas, not doing to bad at the mo;)

Ain’t even thought about it, more good days before then like birthdays/Father’s Day, Valentine’s Day which is just round the corner, now I wonder what my love of my life will get me for that, Mmmmmm;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest