DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are you getting any Christmas goody’s for your drone 2018

Awesome kit! My only worry is I remember you telling us about your bicycle camping trip where you were able to relax in safety and comfort with all the equipment until the batteries failed and you had to leg pump it back home!
It was a little different. We pulled all the stuff in the snail race with pure muscle power to the goal. About every four miles we stopped for 10 to 15 minutes. And we fell into a deep coma for five hours after the tent was finished setting up.

I would say it was the best sleep ever.

On the return trip, we had a little less ballast, and drove faster home with electric assistance. But the energy of the batteries was not enough for the complete return journey, so we had to regain our strength to master the last 5 miles.

My Mavic was always available in a large suitcase, throughout the entire trip, and the weather was excellent. But I did not want to fly, just enjoy nature and togetherness.

We will definitely do it again.

But whenever I think about what we really need for the next trip, I also see the possibility for a second bicycle trailer. Then there would also be room for two additional drive batteries.

So it could be even worse than the first time.

In that particular case a ND filter would’ve came in handy.
The histogram or overexposed would’ve gave you a heads up

You could clean it up some.
What software you running?
Yeah, those were my thoughts, and I wanted to announce that assumption. You were faster, and I was uncertain to say something. I never know when to use which filter. I have ND filters 4/8/16, and for Christmas I got an extended set of 4/8/16/32/CPL/UV, but for lack of knowledge I fly all the time with ND4 as so-called lens protection :)

Here’s my sunrise photo from this morning, not great but I enjoyed taking it;)

View attachment 59836
Yeah @Porky, that's what the old German stubborn wanted to see. I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I envy it ... Did you do anything with it, or did it come straight from your Mavic?

Last edited:
Thanks @mnis i didn’t think it was that good, what do I know....o_O

I bracketed 5 photos via the Go4 app, merged them together using a photo editing program called Photomatix Pro 6 then edited it first in photoshop fix then finished it of in Lightroom. Does take a long time doing it but I enjoy it.

Oh I wish it was straight from the camera:):)

Glad you liked it.Thumbswayup

This is a pic I took just before sunset as full moon was rising. BTW this was great place to watch the total eclipse last year! Did not fly drone during eclipse for fear it would tick people off even though the next one will not occur for another 100 years or so.

1548019039881.png

Last edited:
Thanks @mnis i didn’t think it was that good, what do I know....o_O

I bracketed 5 photos via the Go4 app, merged them together using a photo editing program called Photomatix Pro 6 then edited it first in photoshop fix then finished it of in Lightroom. Does take a long time doing it but I enjoy it.

Oh I wish it was straight from the camera:):)

Glad you liked it.Thumbswayup
I say the effort was worth it. Only my modest opinion.

Chip I like your first photo, there’s something about industrial photos that floats my boat;) now that brings me swiftly on to your second photo, boat..... it’s a bloody ship:rolleyes: that shot reminds me of the one I posted earlier on this thread, brilliant photo btw;);)

Reactions: mnis and Chip
Chip I like your first photo, there’s something about industrial photos that floats my boat;) now that brings me swiftly on to your second photo, boat..... it’s a bloody ship:rolleyes: that shot reminds me of the one I posted earlier on this thread, brilliant photo btw;);)

Thanks, yes, I do enjoy industrial shots or anything on the water especially the big cargo ships! Fortunately, we get a lot of ship and boat action although the weather and lighting varies considerably!

Reactions: Porky and mnis
Thanks, yes, I do enjoy industrial shots or anything on the water especially the big cargo ships! Fortunately, we get a lot of ship and boat action although the weather and lighting varies considerably!

More ship/boat photos from ya, love em;) I was bought up watching big cargo ships being towed in by those little ol tug boats, I’ve been fascinated with tugs ever since. Small mean boats with a lot of power;)

Reactions: Chip and mnis
I tried to take a similar shot of boats in water. Would have been a sweet shot but I bobbled the exposure! Id like a chance to try this one again some time.

1548133181535.png

Reactions: mnis and Porky
This was another one taken the same day when I again bobbled the exposure. ;) Got some good video of this ferry chugging across the bay, though. Cute little thing!

1548133895326.png

Nice photos, I do have very similar ones to yours ;) I don’t no why but I do love water/boat/ship photos, definitely floats my boat:D

I’ll see if I can dig anymore out, have you got anymore industrial photos?

@mnis took some cracking photos of ships, loved em.

Reactions: mnis and Chip
Nice photos, I do have very similar ones to yours ;) I don’t no why but I do love water/boat/ship photos, definitely floats my boat:DI’ll see if I can dig anymore out, have you got anymore industrial photos?@mnis took some cracking photos of ships, loved em.

Check this one out. I think my mistake here was not moving the drone back about 50 feet so I could get whole ship in shot. Some haze but these were near perfect conditions and I should have snapped video and several more photos from all angles. Any processing to be done here? Should I have used some kind of ND filter or tweaked some other setting to optimize color and resolution?

1548141977053.png

Last edited:
See the little green and yellow landing pad on the deck? You can use it to practice touch and goes with your drone when no one is looking? :cool:

1548142531655.png

Now that a really nice photo, personally I would crop the photo and loose the front of the ship. The background looks cracking, I’m my eyes.

Yep shame about the ship, next timeThumbswayup. Have you played around with any photo editing software? You’d be surprised on how you can bring a photo to life using them. I use Lightroom cc for the iPad, brilliant program and you do get a 30 day trial using it. There’s also loads of programs that are free, I used to use “Snapseed” free program in the iOS store. Check it out plus it’s sooooooo easy to use. Once you get hooked with editing programs there’s no looking back. @Slim.slamma is the person with all the knowledge, he showed me how to use Lr cc but for now try Snapseed.

Reactions: Chip and mnis
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair