DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are you getting any Christmas goody’s for your drone 2018

Hello friends. I wanted to write something for you, something about my new D.O.P., and here it is ... Of course, if you are in fact for the D.O.P. interested, then you will find much more detailed information about the DJI Osmo Pocket everywhere on the web, but here is my current view of this thing :)

Yeah, the D.O.P. At the moment it's the biggest of all the little gadgets for me, a masterpiece of technology. The thing is so compact, and weighs little more than a small flashlight. Taking pictures / movies is extremely comfortable and extremely easy with this little Osmo. I think people who are looking for an easy-to-handle, easy-to-use solution for photos and movies to capture a few moments in words and pictures quickly, these people will be very happy with the Osmo. The camera is so nice and small, no problem to have it with you all the time. You make only one finger tip to change the recording mode (photo / video), or two finger tips to go to the selfie / normal mode.

The gimbal is completely made of metal, and it is not recognizable how it was put together. Nowhere are cables or screws visible. Image stabilization works silently and ensures nearly perfect video scenes. When walking with the camera, however, there is a slight pumping up and down. The two buttons, as well as front and back of the hand part have an anti-slip coating. No smartphone is required for the most important settings. At the moment, many menu items offer only two to three setting options to choose from. For example, only 4K or Full HD can be selected on the Osmo, and photos are always saved at the maximum resolution. I would have liked to see more options for smaller resolutions in both modes. But maybe future updates will bring more choices. The small touchscreen is just enough to see what is in focus. The menu structure is well thought out, and large monochrome icons point the way to the settings. The battery is, as so often, firmly installed in the device and not accessible to the user / not interchangeable. There is no internal memory for recording, a memory card must be inserted.

The D.O.P. must be forced-activated before the first use, without activation no use is possible. Activation requires the Mimo app and a compatible smartphone. If you already have a DJI account, you can use the same login data in the Mimo app. I as a pure Android user, initially had a tiny challenge to master: Find a smartphone with USB Type C connection ... My not so up-to-date smartphones have unfortunately Micro-USB, but there are no adapter plug in the basic equipment of the Osmo but one of my big Android tablets has the right connection.

The Mimo app immediately recognized my Osmo, and after the DJI activation, the installation of an update was offered. Of course I did the update. At the moment, that's all I know about the functionality of the Mimo app.

Actually, I only want to transfer my recordings to the PC and archive them without further editing, so I do not need the Mimo app. The connection to the smartphone and Mimo is done via the side port of the Osmo, but with the charging port (USB type C) in the bottom, a use as a universal mass storage is possible. This works great on my Windows PC's with the USB charging cable from the basic set. The transfer speed is about 30 MegaBytes per second, which is quite OK for me. Of course, the micro SD card (not included in the basic set) can be used at any time in a compatible card reader, and this is the only way to get the fastest transfer rates.

Most of all it bothered me that the base set did not contain a memory card, but well, I took a memory card from my Mavic for my first experiments. In addition to the usual paperwork, the basic set includes two adapters (Lightning / USB C) for connecting to the smartphone, a USB-A to USB-C charging and data cable, and a really cool and stable pocket hardcase.

The basic set did not satisfy me, so two days passed and I bought some accessories. All the accessories cost me a bit more than this also available expansion kit for the Osmo Pocket. I did not want the Expansion Kit because I actually only had use for the wireless module. So I bought the wireless module separately. All in all, I have again paid half the Osmo Pocket price for everything that seems important to me.

This is how it looks at the moment ... I have a lot of fun with the little D.O.P. and I would like to try so much, but there is almost never enough time for it. For me it is already clear, I will hardly need more for photo / filming.

That's it for the first time, and surely some pictures will follow soon. Have a wonderful time with your hobbies :)20190212_171012.jpg20190213_191046.jpg

Last edited:
Hello friends. I wanted to write something for you, something about my new D.O.P., and here it is ... Of course, if you are in fact for the D.O.P. interested, then you will find much more detailed information about the DJI Osmo Pocket everywhere on the web, but here is my current view of this thing :)

Yeah, the D.O.P. At the moment it's the biggest of all the little gadgets for me, a masterpiece of technology. The thing is so compact, and weighs little more than a small flashlight. Taking pictures / movies is extremely comfortable and extremely easy with this little Osmo. I think people who are looking for an easy-to-handle, easy-to-use solution for photos and movies to capture a few moments in words and pictures quickly, these people will be very happy with the Osmo. The camera is so nice and small, no problem to have it with you all the time. You make only one finger tip to change the recording mode (photo / video), or two finger tips to go to the selfie / normal mode.

The gimbal is completely made of metal, and it is not recognizable how it was put together. Nowhere are cables or screws visible. Image stabilization works silently and ensures nearly perfect video scenes. When walking with the camera, however, there is a slight pumping up and down. The two buttons, as well as front and back of the hand part have an anti-slip coating. No smartphone is required for the most important settings. At the moment, many menu items offer only two to three setting options to choose from. For example, only 4K or Full HD can be selected on the Osmo, and photos are always saved at the maximum resolution. I would have liked to see more options for smaller resolutions in both modes. But maybe future updates will bring more choices. The small touchscreen is just enough to see what is in focus. The menu structure is well thought out, and large monochrome icons point the way to the settings. The battery is, as so often, firmly installed in the device and not accessible to the user / not interchangeable. There is no internal memory for recording, a memory card must be inserted.

The D.O.P. must be forced-activated before the first use, without activation no use is possible. Activation requires the Mimo app and a compatible smartphone. If you already have a DJI account, you can use the same login data in the Mimo app. I as a pure Android user, initially had a tiny challenge to master: Find a smartphone with USB Type C connection ... My not so up-to-date smartphones have unfortunately Micro-USB, but there are no adapter plug in the basic equipment of the Osmo but one of my big Android tablets has the right connection.

The Mimo app immediately recognized my Osmo, and after the DJI activation, the installation of an update was offered. Of course I did the update. At the moment, that's all I know about the functionality of the Mimo app.

Actually, I only want to transfer my recordings to the PC and archive them without further editing, so I do not need the Mimo app. The connection to the smartphone and Mimo is done via the side port of the Osmo, but with the charging port (USB type C) in the bottom, a use as a universal mass storage is possible. This works great on my Windows PC's with the USB charging cable from the basic set. The transfer speed is about 30 MegaBytes per second, which is quite OK for me. Of course, the micro SD card (not included in the basic set) can be used at any time in a compatible card reader, and this is the only way to get the fastest transfer rates.

Most of all it bothered me that the base set did not contain a memory card, but well, I took a memory card from my Mavic for my first experiments. In addition to the usual paperwork, the basic set includes two adapters (Lightning / USB C) for connecting to the smartphone, a USB-A to USB-C charging and data cable, and a really cool and stable pocket hardcase.

The basic set did not satisfy me, so two days passed and I bought some accessories. All the accessories cost me a bit more than this also available expansion kit for the Osmo Pocket. I did not want the Expansion Kit because I actually only had use for the wireless module. So I bought the wireless module separately. All in all, I have again paid half the Osmo Pocket price for everything that seems important to me.

This is how it looks at the moment ... I have a lot of fun with the little D.O.P. and I would like to try so much, but there is almost never enough time for it. For me it is already clear, I will hardly need more for photo / filming.

That's it for the first time, and surely some pictures will follow soon. Have a wonderful time with your hobbies :)View attachment 63311View attachment 63312

Is that your review mnis?

Yes and no, it is a kind of interim report for you here. But sometimes I also write reviews on Amazon. Did I do something wrong?

No not at all, it’s a very interesting read for someone who’s thinking about getting one, so you did well explaining everything about it and what may be needed to improve the overall experience.

This might be something I’ll go for in the future but I only bought a GoPro camera about 6 months again, now how can I explain to my wife I want another small camera, she will kill meo_Oo_O

good lord and i always thought it was a horse in jimjams all these years.or something you crossed the road on

Ooooooohhhh you’ve just upset the horse community:eek:
in the mane i would not say so ( mane see what i did there) probably need grooming or i am going to get saddled with it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661