DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are you getting any Christmas goody’s for your drone 2018

It could come: LMGTFY :)

@Chip ...
Do you have consistent snow?
Here with us, I have the feeling that this winter is over ... Always rain and wind. The temperatures are almost always over 5 degrees Celsius. I would have loved to take a few laps over a beautiful snow-covered landscape. Also, I would have been happy about a walk in the snow. Taking a few photos here and there might have been a good start-up experience with the little D.O.P.

We have had heavy snow over the last 48 hours which is unusual for us here in western Washington. Tons of snow falling up in local mountains (Cascades). Very glad to have an AWD vehicle with good Mud n Sno tires!

When I stand on my balcony and look to the left, I see a residential complex for seniors. And if I look to the right, I see a care station for people with dementia. There may also be Alzheimer's patients there. I can not properly associate these two diseases. Sometimes on Sundays and on official holidays an orchestra arrives and plays some music ... Music with soul for young and old :) On a cloudy night I snapped this place with my new gadget (D.O.P.). I am very surprised that so many details are recognizable...DJI_0001.JPG

Wow, there are so many versions of this one song. I like it very much, when in music very clear statements are made :)

mnis, did you ever watch the HBO series The Sopranos? The main guy in the last video, the late James Gandolfini, became famous playing brutal mobster, Tony Soprano. That is one reason I find the video so entertaining. The incongruity of it all.

1550120987687.png

Last edited:
When I stand on my balcony and look to the left, I see a residential complex for seniors. And if I look to the right, I see a care station for people with dementia. There may also be Alzheimer's patients there. I can not properly associate these two diseases...

Alzheimers is a common type of dementia caused by deterioration of brain tissue. Symptoms include memory loss and confusion which get progressively worse. Unfortunately one of my parents had it. Therefore I spent a fair amount of time visiting a few of those residential complexes with dementia patients. A profound experience for me to be sure. If you have the time and the inclination, maybe you go over there and ask if they want a little volunteer tech show or something. I was surprised to see how much some residents enjoyed getting any visitor or any conversation or kind gesture to brighten their day.

Last edited:
This was another movie I enjoyed which played on the same incongruity, a mobster with an anxiety disorder. I have to insert trailer because I can find no good clip without profanity!

mnis, did you ever watch the HBO series The Sopranos? The main guy in the last video, the late James Gandolfini, became famous playing brutal mobster, Tony Soprano. That is one reason I find the video so entertaining. The incongruity of it all.

View attachment 62934
Oh I like HBO series a lot. For example, I saw all seasons of Six feet under. But no, I do not know the sopranos unfortunately. I have never seen this series.

But I recognized James Gandolfini, the face was somehow familiar to me from other films (possibly 8mm, True Romance, etc.). I am not so experienced in knowing a lot about all the actors. I know a bit more about some top actors, but not about the complete cast of roles in movies. Every actor gets a chance from me. If he plays his role convincingly, I'll just lose myself in the story ... I do not have to know any more :)

Nevertheless, this song reminded me a bit of something about David Bowie ... It could have been Heroes or Absolute Beginners ... Oh I liked this guy so much ... I searched on Youtube for some clips from Bowie and listened to the music. But at some point the autoplay function led me to Brendan Kavanagh.

Nice clip mnis! I have been to a few dueling piano bars and one Bowie concert in my day.

You know we never did hear what happened with Porky's new bed. Hopefully all is well.

8 minutes past midnight so I now can say TGIF!

Like the DOP BTW.

Nice clip mnis! I have been to a few dueling piano bars and one Bowie concert in my day.

You know we never did hear what happened with Porky's new bed. Hopefully all is well.

Like the DOP BTW.

now come on Chip thats the last straw

Like the DOP BTW.

Think that beds better than the one I’ve got at the mo, they do say “allow a month” to get used to it, glad I’ve got 100 trial period :rolleyes:

Wow, very nice work! Its like boats are floating on clouds in 2nd one. You should keep eyes peeled to try and shoot the tugs when they come to move out the big green cargo ship.
ThumbswayupThumbswayup PS have you tried the hyperlapse? I know you prefer taking photos to video but could be fun to shoot a docking or a departure!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851