DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are you getting any Christmas goody’s for your drone 2018

hi gang look what the postie left for me today only a day late but not to worry one from my daughter the other from her indoors.FHD0047.JPGFHD0046.JPG defo be wearing them when it gets warmer

That really helps my eyes when I’ve got headache etc, sooooooo relaxing
Inspire

Porky, liked the Inspire video btw. Do you still own the Inspire? I always thought Inspire was great looking drone and the retractable landing gear was awesome. And it can go 55mph+ right? How does image quality compare to M2?

Wind Farm

I think I saw a pic of yours on other thread of wind farm. How cool is that place? Lot to work with there. Can you throw up a few more of those?

Sorry chip only just seen your post. Thanks... the video was sitting in the background in a file that I didn’t know was there.... had to upload it on YT so you guys could see it.

My lovely wife bought me that (inspire 1) for my 50th b/day back in 2015, it was something I really didn’t know I had, she just bought it down from upstairs and handed it to me, I was shocked..o_O

I absolutely loved it, very modern, and as you said I loved the way the legs retracted so the camera had 360 degrees view. I only had the X3 camera, standard with the inspire, the M2P camera is much better Thumbswayup

I sold it a couple of months ago, I just found it to big for travelling and taking out flying, that’s the reason I bought the M2P, for its size.

Wind farm photo...... was that me?

hi gang look what the postie left for me today only a day late but not to worry one from my daughter the other from her indoors.View attachment 63740View attachment 63745 defo be wearing them when it gets warmer

Gang..... gang..... suppose you still think you’re in the “hood” you’ll start calling me “blood” next.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nice T-shirt dad, now people won’t pester you with those common questions, well....;)
Gang..... gang..... suppose you still think you’re in the “hood” you’ll start calling me “blood” next.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:
thanks son. do you mean the bloods the crips and the kkk

@OMM D :))
The T-shirt is a really great gift as I think. I have seen some interesting T-shirts matching our common hobby. But I prefer to fly where few people can see me. I do not like it so much if a lot of audience could distract me, but few passing people with a few questions are OK. This has not been a problem for me ...

@Porky ...
I have subscribed to your Youtube channel. So YES, I like your videos too. Hopefully you will do something more.

Oh, I'm just wondering ...
Is your mattress getting better again? ... or ... Do you treat your new mattress well? ... or ... Is your mattress sleeping better again?
LOL

@Chip ... This zebra hand is really awesome, I really need one. I put this hand in my jacket pocket and say to all that I hold a zebra trapped in my pocket ... a pocket zebra :)

@You all here...
I had the hope to get along only with the progressive lenses, and my reading glasses no longer needed. But that is clearly not possible. Well, my optician said it can take up to three weeks to get used to progressive lenses. I can not stand it one day ...

The T-shirt is a really great gift as I think. I have seen some interesting T-shirts matching our common hobby. But I prefer to fly where few people can see me. I do not like it so much if a lot of audience could distract me, but few passing people with a few questions are OK. This has not been a problem for me ...

@Porky ...
I have subscribed to your Youtube channel. So YES, I like your videos too. Hopefully you will do something more.

Is your mattress getting better again? ... or ... Do you treat your new mattress well? ... or ... Is your mattress sleeping better again?
LOL

@Chip ... This zebra hand is really awesome, I really need one. I put this hand in my jacket pocket and say to all that I hold a zebra trapped in my pocket ... a pocket zebra :)

@You all here...
I had the hope to get along only with the progressive lenses, and my reading glasses no longer needed. But that is clearly not possible. Well, my optician said it can take up to three weeks to get used to progressive lenses. I can not stand it one day ...
i like you only need glasses for reading. to fly and still see my screen clearly i wear them on the end of my nose, that way i can see my drone and glance down through the lenses to see the screen

i like you only need glasses for reading. to fly and still see my screen clearly i wear them on the end of my nose, that way i can see my drone and glance down through the lenses to see the screen
Well, the new progressive lenses should allow me to see better near and far, but at the moment the near vision is extremely unfamiliar with it, and not without distortion possible. My view into the distance is only minimally limited, curvature of the cornea in one eye.

For 47 years, it went perfectly without glasses. Maybe that's why I get used to these new glasses so hard. Everything changed during a disease that lasted almost two years, but everything is starting to get better. Only a few inconveniences ...

I'll do it like you with the reading glasses :) nose tip ... laugh ...

@Porky ...

LOL

@You all here...

Mnis, I would unsubscribe to my YT channel, I don’t put anything on it, I mainly use Vimeo but not much, I don’t really do videos;)

Mnis, I would unsubscribe to my YT channel, I don’t put anything on it, I mainly use Vimeo but not much, I don’t really do videos;)
Ok, then no videos on YouTube.
We have all our preferences and reasons why we fly our mavics. I have my Mavic because I really like to fly, videos and photos are just a small ingredient, a bonus so to speak. I could not say what I would prefer to be me. I would have to decide for photos or videos, then I would choose the flying :)

By the way, the first case (battery case) is ready ...20190223_005721.jpeg

Ok, then no videos on YouTube.
We have all our preferences and reasons why we fly our mavics. I have my Mavic because I really like to fly, videos and photos are just a small ingredient, a bonus so to speak. I could not say what I would prefer to be me. I would have to decide for photos or videos, then I would choose the flying :)

By the way, the first case (battery case) is ready ...View attachment 63833

Now that looks really smart;) it holds six batteries comfortablyThumbswayup blimey you put me to shame, I’ve only got 3....:rolleyes:

The video side has never really done anything for me, I’ve tried it, crap at that toooooooooooo.

The only thing I’m good at is the flying so I’m trying my upmost to get the photography side under my belt.

Any of you guys on instagram?

I use these, while I’m flying..... you never know it might start raining;)

Six Nations: Wales v England
Venue: Principality Stadium, Cardiff Date: Saturday, 23 February Kick-off: 16:45 GMT
Coverage: Live on BBC One, S4C, BBC Radio 5 live, BBC Radio Wales, BBC Radio Cymru & BBC Sport website and BBC Sport app, plus live text commentary.

Im fired up!

Wales v England in the Six Nations: 'A sporting occasion like no other'

By Tom Fordyce Chief sports writer in Cardiff (Excerpt)

No-one is neutral in Cardiff when England are the visitors

"If you want it civilised, it's pints in the Goat Major or the bar of the Holiday Inn on the corner of Castle Street. Elbow to elbow in the lobby of the Angel Hotel, where visiting teams used to stay back in the day, male voice choirs in song on the big staircase. If you want it messy you don't need to look hard.

It isn't always a fortress and there is not so much of the hatred that some remember. England have left victorious on three of their past four visits. The old narrative of little brother against big no longer carries so much weight when Wales have three Grand Slams in the past 14 years to England's one, when they have gone further in the past two World Cups, when the nation has a flourishing political and cultural self-confidence.

It isn't just about the booze but it floats along on it. The reason there is a craft IPA called Mikey Rayer is not just a tribute to the two tries the former Cardiff man scored as a replacement against Scotland in 1994 but the fact his name is local rhyming slang for an all-day session. There'll come a point later in the day when people will forget how coats work.

Much has stayed the same but much has changed too. Football is younger and cooler. Domestic rugby in Wales is a mess.

It is still a day when nothing else is planned. You don't accidentally book a wedding when Wales play England or find that you're going away. The connection between elite and community remains. You can still see internationals like Justin Tipuric coaching the juniors at his club side Trebanos on a Sunday morning, or spot hooker Ken Owens having a pint in Carmarthen.

The ones who resent rugby and the way it can preserve the old stereotypes - marching bands and Sloop John B, Max Boyce and anthropomorphic daffodils - are still defined by their opposition to it. No-one is neutral.

For the travelling English it is a day to feel like cartoon villains while also relishing being surrounded by people who share the same obsessions. There is always hope - England are chasing a record sixth consecutive Six Nations win in this fixture - and this year the confidence of thumping wins against Ireland and France.

You could argue the survivors of the 30-3 shellacking in 2013 carry the scars. But Ben Youngs and Owen Farrell have won in Cardiff since, and Manu Tuilagi is more about dishing out pain than wearing it.

Jonny May has won at the Principality, as have George Kruis, Billy Vunipola, Elliot Daly, Courtney Lawes. England have scored almost twice as many tries in the championship this year as any other team, and they are yet to meet Italy. Eddie Jones has coached England four times against Wales and won every one.

When 74,500 people have piled into the Principality by 4.45pm on Saturday, that past will matter less than the present.

You listen to the choruses of Delilah rolling down the steep stands, wonder at a song that celebrates a misogynist murder and join in anyway. You hope the bloke next to you can carry all those pints without slopping them on your shoes. You feel the heat on your face from the pitch-side flame-throwers and you know you are at the centre of the rugby universe.

Rugby's greatest championship, the sport's consummate afternoon."

Last edited:
The video side has never really done anything for me, I’ve tried it, crap at that toooooooooooo.
The only thing I’m good at is the flying so I’m trying my upmost to get the photography side under my belt.
Any of you guys on instagram?

Did you see this thread?

Photography quotes

Great thread and some interesting and inspirational quotes. Dont be so hard on yourself!

''There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself, for what we see is what we are.'' — Ernst Haas

Oops. That one is sort of humbling...:oops: Let me see if I can find a better one for us...

PS No not on instagram.

not to close , wind turbine (1) mav (0) choose a day when there is not enough wind to turn them and you should be ok you could get really close

@Chip ...
I can really feel your enthusiasm for this great event. I hope you enjoy it and maybe you have some photos for us. For me, sport was not and is not so exciting, I consume very little of it :)

@Porky ...
Also I have no Instagram, unfortunately. But sometimes I think about creating an account. It's the same with Vimeo for me.

Oh, I love these glasses with windshield wipers. Maybe there are such glasses integrated with batteries ...

Batteries ...
I think hardly anyone needs more than three batteries for any RC aircraft. Three pieces are sufficient for almost all purposes :)

I am traveling very often and without a car for a long time, no meaningful way to refuel on Tour batteries. Currently I have seven batteries, so I think I have enough reserve. Old batteries that can not reach enough flight time, I use on the tour to refuel all my USB devices.

However, a certain amount of rotation in dealing with so many Mavic batteries is required, which hardly anyone wants to do, I think.

I regularly do capacity checks and replace batteries that reach less than 80% of the specified capacity. The age and the number of all charge cycles of the batteries I consider less than the actually still achievable capacity.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roland Brian