DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are you getting any Christmas goody’s for your drone 2018

Yeah looks good here too but a chill day with Mrs P for me;) enjoy your flying dad;)
here we go son, went up a place called penyfan pond and guess what was there, some wind turbines so took a couple of pics for you @Porky DJI_0004.JPGDJI_0002.JPGDJI_0007.JPGDJI_0009.JPG

Attachments

• DJI_0002.JPG
    DJI_0002.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 9
Dad those photos are magical, love them. I especially love the wind turbine ones;) well you beat me to it with those ones dadThumbswayup I think you must have a wind turbine photo in your “photo portfolio” yeah I’ve got one but they are to far in the distance:(

We’ve got them just up the road from me but I want to drive to them, then fly. Might even try the hyperlaspse out but will need to read up on how to do it first.

Weather here has been absolutely brilliant today so lots of work was done in the garden.

Edit: what drone took those photos dad?

Dad those photos are magical, love them. I especially love the wind turbine ones;) well you beat me to it with those ones dadThumbswayup I think you must have a wind turbine photo in your “photo portfolio” yeah I’ve got one but they are to far in the distance:(

We’ve got them just up the road from me but I want to drive to them, then fly. Might even try the hyperlaspse out but will need to read up on how to do it first.

Weather here has been absolutely brilliant today so lots of work was done in the garden.

Edit: what drone took those photos dad?
my baby the MPP no 8 ND FILTER 1080p AT 30fps i got some brilliant video as well, but took the pics for you so i could put them on the forum, they are not bad as they are straight off the card from the drone,as you know the thing always amazes me when i get home and view the footage,to see how clear it is i just love flying it a great bit of kit thanks for your comments son @Porky

my baby the MPP no 8 ND FILTER 1080p AT 30fps i got some brilliant video as well, but took the pics for you so i could put them on the forum, they are not bad as they are straight off the card from the drone,as you know the thing always amazes me when i get home and view the footage,to see how clear it is i just love flying it a great bit of kit thanks for your comments son @Porky

It's only what you deserve dad, lovely photos;) would deffo love to see some of your vids of your countryside;)

I used a grad Nd 8 on one of my church photos, that’s one reason why I started up a thread about filter cleaning, I’m having a mare with it at the moo_O

It's only what you deserve dad, lovely photos;) would deffo love to see some of your vids of your countryside;)
what i like is the stuff that you can see from the drone that without it you would never know it was there,it opens up a whole new perspective of the surroundings that you would not get to see

what i like is the stuff that you can see from the drone that without it you would never know it was there,it opens up a whole new perspective of the surroundings that you would not get to see

yeah I know what you mean, I wonna try the hyperlapse thingy out, when I do I’ll post my disaster on here for you guys to see:D

here we go son, went up a place called penyfan pond and guess what was there, some wind turbines so took a couple of pics for you @Porky View attachment 67075View attachment 67076View attachment 67073View attachment 67074

Beautiful pix! :) Love the wind turbines and the rolling countryside! Thumbswayup Wales has some great scenery as well as rugby players! :)

Now you made me curious though about taking that exact same shot using the ND 8 and then a Gradient Blue (with blue half pointed towards sky) to compare. Do you have set of filters? I bought a new set for my M2Z but have not been able to use them yet. The factory original seems to be set with Loc-tite! What is the deal with that @Thunderdrones? Can you help me out?

Have a great Sunday! I had a blast myself flying three batteries yesterday!

So true and me too!

1553453398900.png

Chip, mnis, we both check our phones for “step count” but we’ve both got pedometers. I always beat the wife with step count cos I tire my one to the dog and let it do this:D 50,000 steps a day for me:p

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

:) I need to get off duff immediately and get back to my old glory days....they were not that long ago.......

@Chip have you tried out the hypelapse yet, looking forward to seeing you vidThumbswayup then you can tell (show) me how to do it;)

Have not tried yet. I was waiting for you to explain it! :) But I know it will be great to play with! In meantime, I thought you might like to see 2 shots which demonstrate zoom from just under 300 feet. I got to watch these two tugs steam in to port and then dock side to side. It would have been perfect for hyper lapse had I known what I was doing.

1553483722247.png

1553483889502.png

That’s cracking chip;) now that zooooooooooooooooooooooooom is bloody good.

I know I’ve said it before but those tug boats are cool, could watch them all day workingThumbswayup

Ain’t got a clue where to start with “hyperlapse” I was hoping you could shed some light onto the subject. Looks like we’ve got a lot of this to do,
Think it would be cool getting a hyperlapse of wind turbines then I’ll move onto the ships being loaded;)

How you liking the zoom chip? Enjoying flying it, any different to your other mavic?

Yes, absolutely loving the thing! Flew 6 batteries this weekend. My favorite upgrades besides Zoom lens itself include:

5+mph speed increase in sport mode (I use it all)
3+ more minutes flight time (although I'm still conservative and try and always return at 25%+)
Multi-directional obstacle avoidance
Remote light on belly
Looks and feels more robust
Neat all in one gimbal lock and camera bubble protector

I am flying it just the same as MP (99% over water) but now taking way more photos than video thanks to your influence! :)

The only thing I can see for sure appearing on my Christmas List 2019 Edition is that smart controller. I already cheated and bought the ND filters, leg extenders, 2 extra batteries and car charger! :oops:

Christmas come early for you, lol, yeah the SC does look like a nice bit of kit;) my CS works very well in the sunlight, first time in full sun last weekend, perfect. I know the SC has the same screen brightness as my CS, 1000nits, brilliant in the sun;)

Glad you’re enjoying it, more photos huh, cool... looking forward to seeing them buddy.

There’s something about water, keeps pulling me back to it, love everything that happens on it like reflections, boat activity, etc...

That’s one reason why I thought about doing something different, churches, Smashing old architecture, that what I like about them;) but as I live on the water front that’s always gonna be my number one favourite. I need to travel around taking church photos but water... well that’s walking distance for me.

Hyperlapse, looks like we’ve both got to learn that then, good though cos we can both push each other into doing it;)

Found this on our good old friend YT, gives us a better understanding chip;)

Now it’s just sorting out the post side now:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Nice one Charlie, what was wrong the your drone?:(
this is the video from the other day mavic twice exited GPS mode then flew to the church I hit the return home and it came home but was not happy would not hover then 28% were i set my low battery warnning @ 2:00 I took it and Brought it home

this is the video from the other day mavic twice exited GPS mode then flew to the church I hit the return home and it came home but was not happy would not hover then 28% were i set my low battery warnning @ 2:00 I took it and Brought it home
Oh Charlie, that did not look good :)
Was there any damage to the MP, or did it turn out well?

Mavic looks OK
I fly MA props I looked them over
They have a couple of nix
I might have to take
"old man mavics"
advice and go back to stock Mavic props
see if Mavic will settle down....

But with all the random GPS drops and the controller to check app warning
I think might have other issues..

I check compass & Imu calibration
And they looked ok.

I think the go4 app is sketchy
I recently upgraded to firmware 040-500 and it seem good two flights in .....now I'm not to sure?
I look on the map and my flight window is a lot smaller now then it was last yr
I don't want to believe my disconects (GPS drops) are from the upgrade and or go4app
But Could it be.??
My viewer is a Nexus 7
Could now after the upgrade can't handle the new software.?

Maybe I'll try a fly without go4app just bird and controller
I welcome any feedback
....cR

Mavic looks OK
I fly MA props I looked them over
They have a couple of nix
I might have to take
"old man mavics"
advice and go back to stock Mavic props
see if Mavic will settle down....

But with all the random GPS drops and the controller to check app warning
I think might have other issues..

I check compass & Imu calibration
And they looked ok.

I think the go4 app is sketchy
I recently upgraded to firmware 040-500 and it seem good two flights in .....now I'm not to sure?
I look on the map and my flight window is a lot smaller now then it was last yr
I don't want to believe my disconects (GPS drops) are from the upgrade and or go4app
But Could it be.??
My viewer is a Nexus 7
Could now after the upgrade can't handle the new software.?

Maybe I'll try a fly without go4app just bird and controller
I welcome any feedback
....cR
I think the Mavic remote control is independent of whether you fly with or without a smartphone and DJI GO.

Presumably, the older firmware had GPS problems, or there was GPS interference in the area where you flew...

this is the video from the other day...

Sorry to hear MP took sick. Not sure what that might be aside from mag interference. The only 2 problems I ever had with mine involved gimbal shake/calibration and magnetic interference. If you need props though I would be happy to contribute two pair, I seem to have quite a few extra. BTW that vid is south end of Quartemaster harbor, right? I did double take because I know that neighborhood and marina quite well! Small world! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soni_kun